Forums > Photography Talk > 16-year-old girls posing nude

Photographer

Gene Geter

BRONX, New York, US

What's up with 16-year-old girls wanting to pose nude? What's the origin to this? I met a few asking me if I could photograph them and also heard stories from other artists and friends about this.

Jul 16 07 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

SeriouslyFunny

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yea, I've turned them down too. I'm at a loss as to where their parents are.

I ain't touchin that with my 10 foot pole! wink

Jul 16 07 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Lujan

Los Angeles, California, US

Gene Geter wrote:
What's up with 16-year-old girls wanting to pose nude? What's the origin to this? I met a few asking me if I could photographing them and also heard stories from other artists and friends about this.

I hear you. That they wait until they're that old is an outrage!

Jul 16 07 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Maybe they feel in thier prime and want to record it. It would be nice to have a good portrait or photo series to lok back on.  But I imagine the just want it for some web site.  If they get their parents permission and bring one, why not?

Jul 16 07 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

yes, i have turned them down as well, as most are undercover police officers,with just a small percentage  actual young ladies that should indeed know better.Either way mention 16yrs all communication stops from there on in.

Jul 16 07 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Sam Javor

Columbus, Ohio, US

my guess is that the origin has something to do with a undercover police officer... but I'd be guessing.

Jul 16 07 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

SPM Studios

Albany, New York, US

Ummmm I think Paris Hilton's oh so wonderful "contribution" to society

Jul 16 07 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

SPM Studios

Albany, New York, US

Obsidian Blade wrote:

LMAO

Jul 16 07 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

Gene Geter wrote:
What's up with 16-year-old girls wanting to pose nude? What's the origin to this? I met a few asking me if I could photographing them and also heard stories from other artists and friends about this.

Did they offer you help on using proper verb tenses?

Jul 16 07 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

SeriouslyFunny

Atlanta, Georgia, US

DMP Studios wrote:
yes, i have turned them down as well, as most are undercover police officers,with just a small percentage  actual young ladies that should indeed know better.Either way mention 16yrs all communication stops from there on in.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Jul 16 07 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

7 Studio

I too have encountered this request. I feel like Chris Hansen is waiting on the other end to see if I bite.

Jul 16 07 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

**yawn**

Jul 16 07 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

You know what I find interesting is that you can find the human body cute/intersting from the ages of 0-4 years old, then you you have to have no opinion of it from 5-17, then from 18 years old on you can find it beautiful again.

It just seems odd to me.

Jul 16 07 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Gene Geter wrote:

well they sure didn't look at your work!

haha

jk

wink

Jul 16 07 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

7 Studio

Frog516 wrote:
You know what I find interesting is that you can find the human body cute/intersting from the ages of 0-4 years old, then you you have to have no opinion of it from 5-17, then from 18 years old on you can find it beautiful again.

It just seems odd to me.

Astute observation. Couldn't be more accurate.

Jul 16 07 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

DMP Studios wrote:

Sam Javor wrote:
my guess is that the origin has something to do with a undercover police officer... but I'd be guessing.

SeriouslyFunny wrote:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I chuckle whenever I read that.  Undercover officers will not contact you, pretend to be a teen and ask you to shoot them nude.  Stop being so paranoid.

If they contact you, encourage you to shoot them and then pose in a fashion that is illegal, that is called entrapment.  They cannot initiate the contact.  To do so raises the issue of them encouraging you to do something you wouldn't have done on your own.

Instead, when they set up stings, they will go online, for example and wait for you to contact them.  The will suggest nothing nor make any sexual remarks nor discuss doing nude shoots.  When you suggest the shoot they will be evasive and let you affirm what you are wanting to do.  They will get you to commit to doing something that would cross the line from legal to illegal and then get you to set up the characteristics of it so that you have definitely proposed something illegal.  They will discuss props or something shoot specific so they can demonstrate that you are intending to go through with it, such as bringing bondage gear or condoms.

They will then arrange a time/place to shoot.  When you arrive, they will search you to see if you brought the promised item.  In the meantime, they have a written transcript of the entire proposition.

A case would never stand up if they went around contacting photographers and then asking them to shoot nude.  You guys need to get a life.  You spend so much time worrying about this kind of nonsense.  You see police officers behind every door.

Turning down the shoot is the right thing because you don't need to be shooting any 16 year olds nude.  But it isn't an undercover cop contacting you.  Drink another beer and relax.  It is all good.

Jul 16 07 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Lujan

Frog516 wrote:

It just seems odd to me.

This point is implicit in much of Mann's and Sturges' work. So you're in great company.

Jul 16 07 05:29 pm Link

Model

Zori_K

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Frog516 wrote:

ahhhh...not really

Jul 16 07 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Madcrow Photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

In the one case like this I've had, it seems that some creepy GWC had managed to convince the kid that you couldn't "make art" unless you were nude...

Jul 16 07 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Sam Javor wrote:

Which is why you stick to people you know.

Jul 16 07 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

FemmeArt wrote:
**yawn**

...walks away-going for a swim.

Jul 16 07 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Madcrow Photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Also, it NOT likely to be an undercover cop. It's much more likely to be either an actual screwy kid or some sort of vigilante organziation along the lines of Perverted Justice.

Jul 16 07 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Frog516 wrote:

It just seems odd to me.

even 0-4 is getting dodgy,try photographing your OWN kids on the beach, at the football, in the park,most times an officer of the laaw will turn up asking is that your monkey? and what ur you doowen.

Jul 16 07 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Conceptually Black

Columbus, Ohio, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

DMP Studios wrote:

Sam Javor wrote:

I chuckle whenever I read that.  Undercover officers will not contact you, pretend to be a teen and ask you to shoot them nude.  Stop being so paranoid.

If they contact you, encourage you to shoot them and then pose in a fashion that is illegal, that is called entrapment.  They cannot initiate the contact.  To do so raises the issue of them encouraging you to do something you wouldn't have done on your own.

Instead, when they set up stings, they will go online, for example and wait for you to contact them.  The will suggest nothing nor make any sexual remarks nor discuss doing nude shoots.  When you suggest the shoot they will be evasive and let you affirm what you are wanting to do.  They will get you to commit to doing something that would cross the line from legal to illegal and then get you to set up the characteristics of it so that you have definitely proposed something illegal.  They will discuss props or something shoot specific so they can demonstrate that you are intending to go through with it, such as bringing bondage gear or condoms.

They will then arrange a time/place to shoot.  When you arrive, they will search you to see if you brought the promised item.  In the meantime, they have a written transcript of the entire proposition.

A case would never stand up if they went around contacting photographers and then asking them to shoot nude.  You guys need to get a life.  You spend so much time worrying about this kind of nonsense.  You see police officers behind every door.

Turning down the shoot is the right thing because you don't need to be shooting any 16 year olds nude.  But it isn't an undercover cop contacting you.  Drink another beer and relax.  It is all good.

I see these threads, read through all the fear mongoring and hope to see you here Alan, because you spell it out much more then me.
But here is another source people. I am law enforcement, we do not, nor could we contact people to ask them to do something in hopes of busting them(on something that isn't illegal). Chris Hanson does it with Law enforcement, by letting the pre-verts contact him(or his people) in chat rooms, trust me lawyers go over what he does with fine tooth combs.

Jul 16 07 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

BOCADO

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Don't forget the almighty internet and its contribution to visuals and who has access to it.  During teens, teens are still developing a sense of self, so they see stuff and they want to emulate/imitate it, kinda sad.
But like someone mentioned earlier, girls like Paris aren't helping much.

Jul 16 07 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

DMP Studios wrote:

ohh yes they fkn will dude, WOULD YOU LIKE A LIST?.

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

MM breeds paranoia tongue

Photographer

A Traveler

DMP Studios wrote:
ohh yes they fkn will dude.

are you a law enforcement officer? what are you basing your opinion on?

also, keep in mind that you live in a different country than the majority of MM's members.

Jul 16 07 05:46 pm Link

Model

Troy Balakhan

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Obsidian Blade wrote:

I almost fell off my chair when I read this one! Haha

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Nick Zantop wrote:
MM breeds paranoia tongue

so does drug use...

and shooting 16 year olds nude, while using drugs, with the numbers "16" laid out using blow on a glass table...

wink

happy bday to you!

haha

Model

Miss Rochelle

San Jose, California, US

Gene Geter wrote:

I think they think its a fast way into the industry?! As if posing nude would open more doors to them...only doors it would open is to predators!

Jul 16 07 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

DMP Studios wrote:
WOULD YOU LIKE A LIST?.

yes - a list of cases where the police clearly entrapped the person and a conviction was made would be great.

Photographer

Codis Inc

Nick, they're trying to set you up like they setup Michael Jackson!

Photographer

A Traveler

codis wrote:
Nick, they're trying to set you up like they setup Michael Jackson!

I think I'll be ok. wink

Jul 16 07 05:49 pm Link

Model

Miss Rochelle

San Jose, California, US

Jul 16 07 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Conceptually Black

Columbus, Ohio, US

DMP Studios wrote:

ohh yes they fkn will dude, WOULD YOU LIKE A LIST?.

No we(as I am one) won't here in the sates DUDE.

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

The only way it is okay to shoot a 16 year old is if you have sex with them first. Or a threesome with them and their mother.

Model

Miss Rochelle

San Jose, California, US

DMP Studios wrote:

Sam Javor wrote:

This is absolutely correct! I watch my Law and Order.. wink

Model

Troy Balakhan

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

In all seriousness, I think the best course of action is just to tell the girl (or boy) that  nude work needs to be put on hold for two years.

If they still persist, remind them that digital cameras for personal use are rather inexpensive nowadays.

Jul 16 07 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Golden Light wrote:
The only way it is okay to shoot a 16 year old is if you have sex with them first. Or a threesome with them and their mother.

that'd be totally fine here in MN, other than the picture taking part.

Jul 16 07 05:51 pm Link