Forums > Model Colloquy > 13 year old runway models?

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Terrace wrote:
I understand that it is an industry norm, but either way- kids should be kids. They deserve a chance to learn and grow mentally before they are thrust into that type of lifestyle.

Do you have problem with a 13-year old violin genius to perform in front of a full concert hall?  I don't think people so far have had any problem with that.  I performed solo in front of 4,000 people at 14 (not violin, but vocal), my brother, a cellist, at 12, and is still doing it.  Modeling requires much less skill (translating to less pressure) than being a full-fledged classical musician.  I say, sure, give them some pressure and let them take some responsibility at their age.  I am quite sure that this girl will grow into a much more responsible adult than many her age.

I don't see any problem at all.

Stop this "kids should be kids" stuff.  In many other countries, 13 year-old are EXPECTED to behave like adult and assume responsibilities.  I am talking about developed countries, not even developing countries.  The kind of crap that we allow our kids to be unaccountable for is absurd.  Kids can be grown by 13, easily.  I was.

Many know the answer to this, but how old is this girl?

https://leolam.mooo.com/bob3.jpg

Sep 24 07 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

lll wrote:

Do you have problem with a 13-year old violin genius to perform in front of a full concert hall?  I don't think people so far have had any problem with that.  I performed solo in front of 4,000 people at 14 (not violin, but vocal), my brother, a cellist, at 12, and is still doing it.  Modeling requires much less skill (translating to less pressure) than being a full-fledged classical musician.  I say, sure, give them some pressure and let them take some responsibility at their age.  I am quite sure that this girl will grow into a much more responsible adult than many her age.

I don't see any problem at all.

Stop this "kids should be kids" stuff.  In many other countries, 13 year-old are EXPECTED to behave like adult and assume responsibilities.  I am talking about developed countries, not even developing countries.  The kind of crap that we allow our kids to be unaccountable for is absurd.  Kids can be grown by 13, easily.  I was.

Many know the answer to this, but how old is this girl?

https://leolam.mooo.com/bob3.jpg

So what you're saying is that maybe, just maybe this girl won't turn into a crack smokin addict???

Seriously?

tongue

Sep 24 07 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Special Ed wrote:
So what you're saying is that maybe, just maybe this girl won't turn into a crack smokin addict???

Seriously?

tongue

LoL!

Sep 24 07 05:48 pm Link

Model

Notch Ludmila

Lesley Alexandra wrote:
Good for her.  That's very impressive.  13 years old....ahh the days when you could eat anything you wanted and still had no hips becuase puberty hadn't even hit lol.

speak for yourself, I weighed more at 13 than I do now.

Sep 24 07 06:15 pm Link