Forums > Model Colloquy > Really a market for classy sexy women over 50?

Model

Texas Terri

Knoxville, Illinois, US

I am a newbie with very limited exposure and looking for advice. I love sexy clothes and lingerie, have a Marilyn Monroe type figure,  a great smile and laugh, or so I am told, more personality than you can handle.... but still, Iam 56. Any encouragment or leads or tips would be much appreciated!

TexasTerri

Nov 21 08 06:52 am Link

Model

Sheryll Scott

Los Angeles, California, US

Texas Terri wrote:
I am a newbie with very limited exposure and looking for advice. I love sexy clothes and lingerie, have a Marilyn Monroe type figure,  a great smile and laugh, or so I am told, more personality than you can handle.... but still, Iam 56. Any encouragment or leads or tips would be much appreciated!

TexasTerri

i agree youve got a great smile and a bitchin bod!!
your a hottie it dont matter that your 56
the only thing i would say is to modernize your style
i think that would help alot!
and i mean your cloths but also the way the photographys done

other than that tho jsut keep at it!

Nov 21 08 06:58 am Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

regarding the average age of the population , it's one growing market , and the target are these who still have some money lol
we have more and more magazines for this market in france, it is a sign
and you have all it takes, you'll need better pictures that's all
but what do i know about texas ?
tb

Nov 21 08 06:58 am Link

Photographer

Paul Ferris

New York, New York, US

I would shoot with you in a heartbeat. You have a great look. I would check out all the modeling agencies in your area and see what they have to say.

Nov 21 08 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Heels and Hemlines

Southern Pines, North Carolina, US

I think you look great! Best of luck to you.

Nov 21 08 07:03 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

BYS wrote:
regarding the average age of the population , it's one growing market , and the target are these who still have some money lol
we have more and more magazines for this market in france, it is a sign
and you have all it takes, you'll need better pictures that's all
but what do i know about texas ?
tb

Shes in Tennessee

but to OP, great look..find your niche market and i'm sure you will do great..

Nov 21 08 07:03 am Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

DanaCole wrote:

Shes in Tennessee

but to OP, great look..find your niche market and i'm sure you will do great..

oops well what do i know about tennessee works also
tb

Nov 21 08 07:05 am Link

Photographer

Magnus Hedemark

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

FWIW, I think you look fantastic and obviously take great care of yourself.  But I would not want to shoot you in a way that you're trying to look like a 20-something.  20-somethings have their own appeal (mass-appeal, apparently) but honestly most of them just aren't done cooking yet.  I think the simmering heat of a mature woman can be oh so much more sexy than the more overt looks preferred by the younger generation.  Exploit that.  You've already been where they have been, done what they have done, but have character, maturity, and confidence that comes with the experience of living life.  Embrace that.

WWAMD?  (What Would Ann-Margret Do?)

Nov 21 08 07:33 am Link

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

There are a LOT of models over 50 right here on MM that seem to be doing quite well for themselves.  You may want to contact them, get their thoughts on what to do, where the market is, etc

and I agree, you look great

Nov 21 08 08:23 am Link

Model

__Zoe__

Canaan, New Hampshire, US

Sheryll Scott wrote:

i agree youve got a great smile and a bitchin bod!!
your a hottie it dont matter that your 56
the only thing i would say is to modernize your style
i think that would help alot!
and i mean your cloths but also the way the photographys done

other than that tho jsut keep at it!

Completely agree. You have a great smile and a marketable look your height may influence you though.

Nov 21 08 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Impressions by Randolph

Marysville, Washington, US

Hi Terri,
You and I share the same age, and I must say, I believe you will do very well here on MM. I have photographed a couple of models so far in your age catagory, and I'm pretty sure that they do very well on Model Mayhem.

Randy

Nov 21 08 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

I got so hopeful when I saw the name  with :Texas: in it, and your age.. .then I noticed your bio and where you live.. sad

Good luck,.,, you are beautiful.

Nov 21 08 09:36 am Link

Model

just jray

Stephenville, Texas, US

Yes there is definitely a growing market for models over 50.  Us 'baby boomer's" are a huge growing part of the population and part of the target audience for advertisers.

You look great and should definitely be able to get work.

I agree with an earlier poster though-update your look most of the shots seem pretty "vintage"

Nov 21 08 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Texas Terri wrote:

TexasTerri

Yes,there definately is  a market for you  with dirty,perverted,filthy old  men like me!

All kidding aside you look great for being over 50 and think you have a good chance.Also, notice how much ad work is done by people well older than you and who don't look half as good.

Nov 22 08 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Lucas Chapman

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Texas Terri wrote:

TexasTerri

Only encouragement I can offer... is that I wish you were actually here in Texas!  I'd use you for an ad I need to produce... you're exactly what I need!

Nov 22 08 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

aso studio

Los Angeles, California, US

Definitely there is considerable market for you.

Nov 22 08 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Nickyboy

Brick, New Jersey, US

Texas Terri wrote:

TexasTerri

PLEASE don't laugh at this...but AARP has a constant casting for "mature" models!
I have done several shoots for models your age and older that have submitted their port to AARP. Also, try a local agency...there is a real market for you. i would liove the oppoptunity to shoot with you...you are lovely.

All the Best,
Nick

Nov 22 08 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Davonroe

Brooklyn, New York, US

There's definitely a market for you.  I agree with those who advised you to stay age appropriate.  Don't compete with 20 somethings, just show your pride.

Nov 22 08 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Mason Photography

Morristown, Vermont, US

I find there are too few commercial models over 50 with the proper portfolio. My suggestions are to keep your hair a natural color and well styled. Do not tan. It will age you beyond your years. Don't get implants. At your age you you won't be modeling anything that requires anything more than a good bra can provide. And lastly...wardrobe and poses should be age appropriate. In my humble opinion, the OP's one shot in heels, cutie pie ankle socks bending over in a cliche glamour pose is not becoming someone her age. That stuff will attract older GWCs. It will not impress quality clients who will likely pay much more to put her in a print ad.

Nov 22 08 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Stenhouse

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I couldn't hire you for a commercial shoot, I'm not a commercial photographer. I could certainly use you in my portfolio though. I've had many 56ish y.o. women, as clients, want classy, sexy shots done and I could use images of you to promote that aspect of my business.

Nov 22 08 06:46 pm Link