Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Empty Soda can?

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

At my brothers graduation party earlier, when we opened up a 12 pack of sprite we found a completely empty can. It was sealed, perfectly like all of the others expect there wasn't any soda whatsoever inside? Anyone ever had that happen before, no leaks in the case or anything? I thought that was very odd and am trying to figure out how that would even happen. The can was a little bent up of course but still not one puncture. Hmmm I wish i would have taken a photo, i'd feel like a dork calling them up about it but i'm curious to find out? Any ideas? they kept the can by the way.

May 23 09 11:23 pm Link

Model

BigA-LTL-BEEFCAKE Page

The Woodlands, Texas, US

Good ole' mass production and technology.  Shit happens.

May 23 09 11:23 pm Link

Model

Lea Halliwell

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Whitleigh B wrote:
At my brothers graduation party earlier, when we opened up a 12 pack of sprite we found a completely empty can. It was sealed, perfectly like all of the others expect there wasn't any soda whatsoever inside? Anyone ever had that happen before, no leaks in the case or anything? I thought that was very odd and am trying to figure out how that would even happen. The can was a little bent up of course but still not one puncture. Hmmm I wish i would have taken a photo, i'd feel like a dork calling them up about it but i'm curious to find out? Any ideas? they kept the can by the way.

Yep.  lol  Just a skip in the production line.

May 23 09 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

The gas inside was vapor from civilizations passed.... secretly stored for your benefit. And YOU..... you chose to let it escape. I hope you're satisfied.

May 23 09 11:38 pm Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

Steve Mills wrote:
The gas inside was vapor from civilizations passed.... secretly stored for your benefit. And YOU..... you chose to let it escape. I hope you're satisfied.

Dont worry, its still sealed safely!

May 23 09 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Whitleigh B wrote:

I like you. It's official. smile

May 23 09 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

Maybe it was part of a contest?Did you see if anything was printed inside?

I am minutes away from a Coca Cola bottling location.Being in the food service industry I knew some of the people there. I got a 6 pack of glass bottles, sealed with nothing in them lol.

May 24 09 01:36 am Link

Photographer

Veasna

Aldershot, England, United Kingdom

pee inside the can smile

May 24 09 01:39 am Link

Model

Precious Metal

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I used to work in a supermarket and we had a pop machine in the lunch room that was supplied by the store and filled by cans from the store.. you will be surprised how often it happens.. we always saw it as a sign that it was going to be a good day
smile

May 24 09 01:39 am Link

Model

ErinMartin

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

That has never happened to me......but one time I bought a can of spagetti-os with meat balls and there were no meat balls in it.....I was a little surprised

May 24 09 01:41 am Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

I am gonna make them send some coupons for freebies, i love my cherry coke. Wait no, High fructose corn syrup is evil : (

May 24 09 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Whitleigh B wrote:
I am gonna make them send some coupons for freebies, i love my cherry coke. Wait no, High fructose corn syrup is evil : (

You drown your kidneys with soda yet worry about high fructos corn syrup?

May 24 09 02:17 am Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

Ray Cornett wrote:

You drown your kidneys with soda yet worry about high fructos corn syrup?

I'm trying to lay off, i am watching my weight... but the .49 cent 32 ounces are back for the summer. I don't see how people can NOT drink soda, its soooo good, and the only juice i've found to quinch my thirst is ocean spray in gran-grape. Other than that, soda all the way

May 24 09 02:29 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Whitleigh B wrote:

If it's still sealed, contact them & they'll probably replace it.

May 24 09 02:30 am Link

Photographer

coach moon

Pensacola, Florida, US

Whitleigh B wrote:

I'm trying to lay off, i am watching my weight... but the .49 cent 32 ounces are back for the summer. I don't see how people can NOT drink soda, its soooo good, and the only juice i've found to quinch my thirst is ocean spray in gran-grape. Other than that, soda all the way

when i quit drinking sodas, i lost 12 lbs in about 2 weeks & I'm no where near needing to lose 12 lbs.

at least i like to think it was dropping sodas & not the crack habit i picked up shortly thereafter. wink

May 24 09 02:35 am Link

Photographer

hbutz New York

Ronkonkoma, New York, US

Distributors keep thinning out the aluminum to save on materials and shipping weight.  I once had a can of Coke spontaneously explode in the middle of the night spraying syrup all over the hallway.  Thankfully I found it before the ants did.

May 24 09 05:47 am Link

Model

EvaScarlet

Los Angeles, California, US

lol...I've seen people try to sell unopened empty soda cans like that on ebay.....they call them "ghost Cokes"

hehe

May 24 09 05:59 am Link

Photographer

B Browder Photo

Charleston, South Carolina, US

My dad years and years ago got a can of Pepsi that was only about a quarter filled.  I think he might still have it.

May 24 09 06:29 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Whitleigh B wrote:

It happens rarely -- either a manufacturing error or a micro-leak (plus time).

May 24 09 07:38 am Link

Photographer

Angelus Complex

Columbus, Ohio, US

Steve Mills wrote:

https://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6586/00000010632006091914124dw1.jpg

May 24 09 07:43 am Link

Photographer

SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK, California, US

i once complained to cracker jack there were no peanuts in the bag i bought at a dodger game.  they sent me coupons for free goods.

May 24 09 07:55 am Link

Model

ocgirl

Costa Mesa, California, US

How do you know it's empty if it's still sealed?  Is it just lighter than the others?

May 24 09 09:27 am Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

ocgirl wrote:
How do you know it's empty if it's still sealed?  Is it just lighter than the others?

LOL yes. Trust me you'd know if you went to reach for a sprite and instead got an empty sprite can

May 24 09 04:54 pm Link

Model

der Fuchs

Columbus, Georgia, US

ocgirl wrote:

Is that a serious question? neutral

May 24 09 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Whitleigh B wrote:

Do you realize the reason they use HFCS is because it is sweeter,therefor they can use less of it to get the same amount of sweetness as normal sugar and save money doing so.

May 24 09 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

BigA-LTL-BEEFCAKE Page wrote:
Good ole' mass production and technology.  Shit happens.

I think you summed it up best. lol

May 24 09 05:06 pm Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

Ray Cornett wrote:

Do you realize the reason they use HFCS is because it is sweeter,therefor they can use less of it to get the same amount of sweetness as normal sugar and save money doing so.

Yes, it may be cheaper and sweeter, but its actually a lot worse for you. Many believe thats why we're all so huge today, its in just about everything and doesnt break down in your system the same.

May 24 09 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Bentley Photography

Westcliffe, Colorado, US

HAA! I just got back from Carl's Jr and ordered a "DOUBLE" cheese burger. Guess what!? 2 slices of cheese but NO HAMBERGER! I know everyone is trying to save these days but.... WTF!

May 24 09 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

R80

Marceline, Missouri, US

A Sprite can huh?  Must have been the work of an elf.

I had a roommate years ago that worked for Coca Cola.  Every Friday employees were allowed to buy up to 4 cases of factory substandard rejects for a dollar per case.  His walk-in closet was full of them despite his drinking about 6 cans of soda a day.

Due to him buying all this cheap soda he constantly had people trying to buy some off him.  He wouldn't sell.  He was waiting for the can with a finger or mouse in it so he could sue.

I'd agree that yours merely slipped by quality control.

May 24 09 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

R80

Marceline, Missouri, US

ZingArts wrote:
HAA! I just got back from Carl's Jr and ordered a "DOUBLE" cheese burger. Guess what!? 2 slices of cheese but NO HAMBERGER! I know everyone is trying to save these days but.... WTF!

Three times now I have ordered a Quarter Pounder with Cheese with only onions and gotten a hamburger with onions.  Duh!  I didn't order a hamburger with only onions.  Dumb Mac employees.

Then again, I've also twice gotten the requested burger with everything but the cheese.  Dumb Mac employees.

Rule of thumb with my Mac's experiences: order more than three items and something will always be wrong.

May 24 09 08:44 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Once I had an empty ketchup packet, filled to the brim with air.

May 24 09 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Nemi Bea wrote:

Being in the food service industry as my normal job I see a couple of those in a case. We once got a case of packets filled with tomato paste.

May 24 09 09:25 pm Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

Nemi Bea wrote:

You can't be serious? How'd they miss that one.

And tomato paste only? Thats just wrong

May 24 09 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Joseph Bowman

Hickory, North Carolina, US

ZingArts wrote:

One time at a local Mexican restaurant, not the type actually ran by hispanic people, but the kind ran by white people that charge way too much for a taco.  I ordered three tacos with just cheese, I got 3 taco shells with cheese in them, I always thought that it was assumed that a taco had meet in it as well.

May 24 09 10:25 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Steve Mills wrote:

Bwahahahaha! You rock.

May 24 09 11:16 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

May 24 09 11:19 pm Link

Model

Whitleigh B

Olathe, Kansas, US

I really would have been pissed if it were the last one. It may have gotten ugly : )

May 25 09 02:43 pm Link