Forums > Events > Yankee Air Museum Photo Shoot Grosse Ile

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

ILLIANA wrote:
Hey! I'm putting this out there to see who and how many are interested in a Photo shoot using the Yankee Air Museum Detroit MI; I've been corresponding with Mr. Zvara about using his planes, and things are in the making. But I need an idea on numbers. This shoot will hopefully take place in the Beginning of December before all the holiday craziness happens. No worries *the hanger is heated smile
   Its flying fleet consists of a B-17, a vintage B-25, a C-47 and a Stinson Reliant that was built during the 1950s. The B-17 was built at the end of World War II in 1945. 4 flying planes and 14 nonflying planes

I'd love to do this! Will there be a fee?

Nov 12 09 05:49 pm Link

Model

Melissa R Lesner

COMMERCE TOWNSHIP, Michigan, US

I am interesed this sounds like an awesome idea.  Count me in.

Nov 12 09 06:20 pm Link

Model

Tori Mendel

Toledo, Ohio, US

Depending on the photogs attending and if I'm not in PA that weekend, I'm down for the 5th.

Nov 12 09 06:28 pm Link

Model

Jasmine The Dollface

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thanks for the invite ILLIANA
,  would love to be involved! Let me know if you need a hand with anything! I know alot of professional llamas, hair

Nov 12 09 07:15 pm Link

Model

MelissaKittin

South Bend, Indiana, US

Hey, this is a really great idea, thanks for tagging me with the thread info.
Id be interested in attending as a llama if it were on a Sunday during the day.  I work Fri and Sat nights and can't take a lot of time off and with travel there just isnt a way that I would be able to come up for the day and drive home in time for work.
So... Sunday afternoon and evening would be GREAT if its possible.
Id like to hear if there are any fees or registration costs with this, if there would be MUAs/hair people available there, and what type of reserving you're planning on doing for spaces since Im sure some of the planes will be more desirable than others.
Also, what type of group shoot are you going to have this be?  Will it be one like DEAC where llamas and photographers schedule time together?  Will it be one where there are a few llamas and all of the photographers take pictures of the same llamas (4-5 llamas, as many photographers as want to come)?  Will it be one that its just a free for all?
My boyfriend was just laid off from his job and although I am making money, I am the sole bread-winner now and dont have much money to spend on things that won't yield me a return.  But I really like this idea and the backdrops just sound AWESOME!
Thanks again for the invite, im anxious to hear more about this smile
Kittin

Nov 12 09 07:29 pm Link

Model

Kiki Kramer

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, US

This sounds great! I'm interested but not sure if I can make it yet, I'll keep you updated!

Nov 12 09 07:55 pm Link

Model

RachelRampage

Redford, Michigan, US

I might be interested in comming as a photographer smile

Do you have any pictures of the space we'd be shooting in? Is their a fee? jw

Nov 13 09 12:37 am Link

Model

x BeeBs x

Toledo, Ohio, US

i would be interested smile

Nov 13 09 06:24 am Link

Photographer

f11photography

Northville, Michigan, US

bump

Nov 14 09 03:53 am Link

Model

-RebeccaT-

Lansing, Michigan, US

I'm in yo! Doesn't matter the date as long as I can get about 2 weeks notice, 'cause I work weekends and would have to schedule it off.

Having it on drill weekend might be fun!! big_smile

Nov 14 09 07:43 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Im excited! This is all falling together; I will have all the details Tuesday. Chances are it'll be the 5th, from 11a-5ish... not sure on hours.

Nov 14 09 08:43 am Link

Photographer

SPstudio

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

ILLIANA wrote:
Im excited! This is all falling together; I will have all the details Tuesday. Chances are it'll be the 5th, from 11a-5ish... not sure on hours.

Nov 14 09 09:46 am Link

Photographer

SPstudio

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Put down I'll be there just let me know the date and times

Nov 14 09 09:47 am Link

Model

Jamie Lyn Thomas

Hudsonville, Michigan, US

I wish I could, but I'm already booked the first 2 weekends in December:(

Nov 14 09 11:09 am Link

Model

|ris

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'd be interested...  was there ever a response on doing art nudes?

Nov 14 09 11:18 am Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

|ris wrote:
I'd be interested...  was there ever a response on doing art nudes?

Good question

Nov 14 09 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Didoszak Photography

Livonia, Michigan, US

I am interested if there is still room!

Nov 14 09 11:20 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

I will have all...or most of your questions answered after my meeting Tues.

*Nudes y/n?
*Exact Times?
*Date? (prob 12/5)
*Pictures of the venue for you all to drool over.
*If there are any limit on the ways we can utilize the plans..
*See if they will actually pull some of the plans out for us, so we can have more room to utilize the whole plane.
*As far as a fee for the shoot, maybe a little something so they like us more and we can make this a repeat thing...
>Any others come to mind?

*Oh Mental Note, I've been notified that this Hanger is not heated, and seen that their last hanger was burnt down I doubt they will let us bring in anyform of a heater... so You should bring some fuzzy stuff to wear  when you're not shooting*

Nov 14 09 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Lewis

Farmington Hills, Michigan, US

Look forward to the details.  That would be a most interesting venue.

Nov 14 09 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Rohrvision Photography

Baltimore, Maryland, US

ILLIANA wrote:

Better make sure about the 5th since YAM is doing their Pearl Harbor Day on that Sat. and the B-17 and B-25 are slated to be part of that event. If you like I can ask the Flight Director for you since I know him very well.

Nov 14 09 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Rohrvision Photography

Baltimore, Maryland, US

ILLIANA wrote:
I will have all...or most of your questions answered after my meeting Tues.

*Nudes y/n?
*Exact Times?
*Date? (prob 12/5)
*Pictures of the venue for you all to drool over.
*If there are any limit on the ways we can utilize the plans..
*See if they will actually pull some of the plans out for us, so we can have more room to utilize the whole plane.
*As far as a fee for the shoot, maybe a little something so they like us more and we can make this a repeat thing...

*Oh Mental Note, I've been notified that this Hanger is not heated, and seen that their last hanger was burnt down I doubt they will let us bring in anyform of a heater... so You should bring some fuzzy stuff to wear  when you're not shooting*

For all of you I started this thread on the do's and don't when using Warbirds,

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st11063311

If any one has any question about this subject or the YAM aircraft please feel free to ask me since I have flown most of their fleet at one time or another.

Nov 14 09 12:30 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Rohrvision Photography wrote:

For all of you I started this thread on the do's and don't when using Warbirds,

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st11063311

If any one has any question about this subject or the YAM aircraft please feel free to ask me since I have flown most of their fleet at one time or another.

Thanks for the Heads up; I'll ask Ms. Frink seen that shes mostly in charge of this event with me. Thank you for your advice thread also.

Nov 14 09 03:05 pm Link

Model

Justin Scar

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

ill go so will my gf shes also a llama on here if its on the 5th cause i also got work and everything

Nov 14 09 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Blazing Ape Imageworks

Detroit, Michigan, US

Thanks for the heads-up...was good seeing you tonight. I have a previous engagement on the 5th, but I'll keep checking back here in hopes it gets postponed to the 12th... smile

Nov 14 09 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Darker-Side of-Midnight

Southfield, Michigan, US

ILLIANA wrote:

Hmmmm rope is fuzzy... and it likes you...

Nov 15 09 02:24 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

...now i got the warm fuzzy feeling... smile

Nov 15 09 09:48 am Link

Model

Kiki Kramer

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, US

bump! smile

Nov 15 09 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

I know that December sorta suffers from lack of group shoots but have you given consideration to postponing the shoot until after the New Year? 

People in retail won't be so busy, most everyone will be finished with their holiday visits and parties, and we'll all still want to find a fun group shoot somewhere.

After you've recovered from...
                      https://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/wpa1113l.jpg

Nov 15 09 02:05 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

lol. I wanta give it a try... then if people like it come back when we'll have another one.. Hopefully make this a repeating thing...

Nov 15 09 04:09 pm Link

Model

MelissaKittin

South Bend, Indiana, US

Damn, its on a Sat.  I dont know if I will be able to make it.  I may be able to come up for the beginning if its earlier enough, but I have to work at night both the Friday before and the Sat of, so I dont know how long id be able to make it (its a 3hr drive at minimum up to Detroit area).

Nov 15 09 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher N.

Troy, Michigan, US

ILLIANA wrote:
Hopefully make this a repeating thing...

I certainly hope so....

Maybe next time your photographer buddy/GPS Navigational system can make it. ;-)

Nov 15 09 10:29 pm Link

Model

Kristi Mendel

Toledo, Ohio, US

ooo this sounds neat! depending on the date & photographers, i'm down. smile

Nov 16 09 10:56 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Christopher N. wrote:

I certainly hope so....

Maybe next time your photographer buddy/GPS Navigational system can make it. ;-)

Haha! well I guess the photographer things explains it... you're a visual person!

Nov 16 09 11:27 am Link

Model

Heat

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Just when I think I'm out you pull me back in...lol, for you I can make it as long as it's not Dec. 5th(family x-mas weekend).

Nov 16 09 01:55 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Ray Hitz wrote:
Just when I think I'm out you pull me back in...lol, for you I can make it as long as it's not Dec. 5th(family x-mas weekend).

Im awesome like that.. but chances are its looking like the 5th, but all details will be put on tom night...

Nov 16 09 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Microwave Photo

Freeland, Michigan, US

I'm interested.  The YAF is at Willow Run Airport (YIP) right?

Nov 16 09 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Rohrvision Photography

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Microwave Photo wrote:
I'm interested.  The YAF is at Willow Run Airport (YIP) right?

Yes it is.

Nov 16 09 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rohrvision Photography

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Illiana,

One other item you should ask about is if you can arrange for a shot during the Big Airshow next year. They are going with the B-17 theme again and they always get interetsing aircraft in. I know I will be their with something not sure what.

Nov 16 09 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

But they recently (within the past few weeks) moved the fleet of planes to the hangars at the Grosse Ile airport for the winter, which is about 30 miles to the southeast of Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti where they usually are.

The first post states the location where the shoot is going to be as Detroit? The title of this discussion says Grosse Ile.

Nov 16 09 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

dcsmooth wrote:
But they moved the fleet of planes to the hangars at the Grosse Ile airport for the winter, which is about 30 miles to the southeast of Ypsilanti where they usually are.

The first post states the location where the shoot is going to be as Detroit? The title of this discussion says Grosse Ile.

Thats what I'm not getting either....

If its on Grosse Ile, I'm still interested....

Ypsilanti?  Can't do it

Nov 16 09 06:30 pm Link