Forums > General Industry > How do I sell my nude photos?

Photographer

Digital Reflectionz

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Ahh..gotcha, didnt see that... Thks for not being rude about it and calling me out.

Jul 16 13 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

That Italian Guy wrote:
*** ZOMBIE THREAD ***

I wonder how the OP got on with her plan?

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Surprisingly, she is still active!

Jul 16 13 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Mark Salo wrote:

Surprisingly, she is still active!

On a "hiatus from modelling" though if you read her bio wink

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jul 16 13 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

"Last activity:     Jul 16, 2013"

Jul 16 13 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

C h a r l e s D

Los Angeles, California, US

(old thread is old)

Jul 16 13 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Barry Kidd Photography

Red Lion, Pennsylvania, US

zaxpix wrote:

D.R.,

I know they say , "It's never too late.", but...

https://24.media.tumblr.com/9e3ad7af066dc553efc82fef5da682f9/tumblr_mjj653Wxjq1r3idioo1_500.gif

Z.

Yeah.  I was wondering who dug this thing up.

Jul 16 13 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of the World

Corvallis, Oregon, US

As is typical it was a relative newbie with just a few posts.

Jul 16 13 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Eye of the World wrote:
As is typical it was a relative newbie with just a few posts.

you realize that its now 4 years since the OP? (or did you miss all the comments about zombie threads).  OP might have been a relative newbie but is now a veteran on here tongue

Jul 16 13 04:03 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

you realize that its now 4 years since the OP? (or did you miss all the comments about zombie threads).  OP might have been a relative newbie but is now a veteran on here tongue

I think they meant the person that bumped the thread.

Jul 16 13 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Yes!

Jul 16 13 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Nature Coast Lightworks

Tampa, Florida, US

Michele70 wrote:
Does anyone know of any websites that will buy my nude photos or how I can make my own website and charge people to join in order to view my nude photos?I'm wanting(& have) expanded my nude photos and some are more erotica based. Also, what are some of the alt agencies that represent the nontraditional, alt models?
Thanks!smile

http://www.ebay.com/

Best success!

jf

Jul 16 13 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

AMCphoto2

Los Angeles, California, US

Hahahaha. This is awesome.

Jul 16 13 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Probably someone who was told to "use the search function" and was silly enough to think that it meant that older threads they FOUND in their search were the proper place to respond.

Jul 16 13 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Reminder:  this thread's title is "How to best handle a FLAKE model?".

If the OP wants positive, personal affirmation, then yes, you are perfect, your work is lovely, you've done nothing wrong, and the flaking is 100% the model's fault.  Note, however, that this stance has the best guarantee that the OP will continue to experience flakes.

The title is kinda ambiguous -- is the OP asking how he should handle this particular model who has flaked, or is he asking how he should avoid future similar flakes?  I'm not clear on that.

But if the OP wants to improve his flake ratio, the last thing he should do is to continue doing the same thing.  ("One can define 'insanity' by doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results".)

In my book, people who blame others for the disappointments in their lives will always be limited.  While I may agree that there is little-to-nothing you can do to improve other people's behavior, there is always much you can do to improve your own success.  In this particular case (flaking models), there is much you can do.  For example:

...  Listen to your model.  Many models are young, inexperienced, and too polite.  Many models do not have the ability to express themselves clearly.

...  Work with models who are enthusiastic about the project.  Clearly, in this case, the model had severe reservations about the project:  in particular, her attempt to restrict the photographer's usage rights is a clear red flag.

...  Understand that there is no filter on membership to this site -- pretty much anyone can join.  Here you will find flakes & reliable people.  That is not going to change.

...  Learn to filter out the unreliable models.  Selecting your model is your first step in your artistic process.  Be selective.  Be discriminating.

...  Learn to spot clues for the reliability of potential models.  Ideas include
   ---  Check references
   ---  In particular, share references & recommendations with people you know.
   ---  Look for models with a variety of photographers in their portfolio.
   ---  Look for models whose portfolio shows a wide range of expression.
   ---  Value "experienced".

...  If the model is happy with her compensation, that's a good thing.

...  Be clear, concise, succinct, and professional in your own communications.  You don't have to be best friends with the model.  You don't have to gush about how hot your model is.  You are engaging her to do a job (whether you are paying $$$ or TFP) -- keep to business.  Don't seek the model's approval of your project; rather, determine whether she is willing to participate.

...  Adopt the understanding that everything that happens during the production of images is the photographer's responsibility.  The photographer is in charge.

...  In general, feckless people blame others for their difficulties.

In summary:  To me it's exceedingly simple -- either accept your flake ratio (in which case you need do nothing) or attempt to improve your flake ratio (in which case, change your approach & take more precautions).

Jul 17 13 07:46 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Jul 17 13 08:28 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Looknsee Photography wrote:

If the OP wants positive, personal affirmation, then yes, you are perfect, your work is lovely, you've done nothing wrong, and the flaking is 100% the model's fault.  Note, however, that this stance has the best guarantee that the OP will continue to experience flakes.

The title is kinda ambiguous -- is the OP asking how he should handle this particular model who has flaked, or is he asking how he should avoid future similar flakes?  I'm not clear on that.

But if the OP wants to improve his flake ratio, the last thing he should do is to continue doing the same thing.  ("One can define 'insanity' by doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results".)

In my book, people who blame others for the disappointments in their lives will always be limited.  While I may agree that there is little-to-nothing you can do to improve other people's behavior, there is always much you can do to improve your own success.  In this particular case (flaking models), there is much you can do.  For example:

...  Listen to your model.  Many models are young, inexperienced, and too polite.  Many models do not have the ability to express themselves clearly.

...  Work with models who are enthusiastic about the project.  Clearly, in this case, the model had severe reservations about the project:  in particular, her attempt to restrict the photographer's usage rights is a clear red flag.

...  Understand that there is no filter on membership to this site -- pretty much anyone can join.  Here you will find flakes & reliable people.  That is not going to change.

...  Learn to filter out the unreliable models.  Selecting your model is your first step in your artistic process.  Be selective.  Be discriminating.

...  Learn to spot clues for the reliability of potential models.  Ideas include
   ---  Check references

...  Be clear, concise, succinct, and professional in your own communications.  You don't have to be best friends with the model.  You don't have to gush about how hot your model is.  You are engaging her to do a job (whether you are paying $$$ or TFP) -- keep to business.  Don't seek the model's approval of your project; rather, determine whether she is willing to participate.

...  Adopt the understanding that everything that happens during the production of images is the photographer's responsibility.  The photographer is in charge.

In summary:  To me it's exceedingly simple -- either accept your flake ratio (in which case you need do nothing) or attempt to improve your flake ratio (in which case, change your approach & take more precautions).

reminder. read carefully before posting.
the thread's title has nothing to do with flakes
the thread is a zombie thread from 2009
if you must rant about flakes please use one of the existing open threads or (horrors) start your own.

have a nice day

Jul 17 13 08:29 am Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oh lol.

Jul 17 13 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

---  Check references

Actually, this thread is about a model selling her nude photos . . .

Jul 17 13 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Looks up.....down.....back up. Wut?

Jul 17 13 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Image Magik

Santa Cruz, California, US

Lucas Chapman wrote:

If you actually think selling nude images of yourself, even very "adult" ones will make you any kind of a living... you are sadly mistaken.
I have noticed more than a few "models" from well known amateur adult sites, showing up here on MM trying to make money as non-adult models.

That's a pretty negative comment. Models model to make money. If a "nude" model wants to model with her clothes on for money what's the issue??

Jul 17 13 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Eye of the World

Corvallis, Oregon, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Exactly.

Jul 17 13 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

I wish someone would go back and reanimate A LOT of the very old threads.  When MM started, the forums were HILARIOUS and a lot of fun.  These days humor is rarely appreciated and leads instantly to snark.  Sigh!  I miss the casting calls for models who had to bring their own shoes.

Jul 17 13 10:48 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Ivan123 wrote:
I wish someone would go back and reanimate A LOT of the very old threads.  When MM started, the forums were HILARIOUS and a lot of fun.  These days humor is rarely appreciated and leads instantly to snark.  Sigh!  I miss the casting calls for models who had to bring their own shoes.

how could they be barefoot and pregnant if they had shoes?  illogical

Jul 17 13 12:00 pm Link