Forums > Contests > PotD18+ Discussion Thread

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

So here it is, as promised, a PotD18+ Discussion thread.

Got a PotD18+ question? Ask it.
Got a PotD18+ problem? Let's get it solved here.

One thing I ask, let's keep things civil.

Oh, and just in case no one has mentioned it before, if you're going to include a URL to an 18+ image you must include "18+" before the URL.
(and it goes without saying – no posting 18+ images)

Have fun wink

JoJo

Jan 18 10 12:27 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Woo Hoo!
JoJo, we had permission from IB previously to use the discussion thread for POLITE discussion of images AFTER voting closed, in exemption to the "no unsolicitied critiques rule" since, by asking for them to be voted on by the public, people are implicitly asking for critique when they put them in the contest.
Will that be allowed here?

Jan 18 10 04:53 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

SLE Photography wrote:
Woo Hoo!
JoJo, we had permission from IB previously to use the discussion thread for POLITE discussion of images AFTER voting closed, in exemption to the "no unsolicitied critiques rule" since, by asking for them to be voted on by the public, people are implicitly asking for critique when they put them in the contest.
Will that be allowed here?

Short answer – no

Slightly longer answer:
Model Mayhem has a Critique forum.
I am sure that all those that enter the PotD18+ AND desire a critique of their entry will post in the Critique thread.

This is a discussion thread, not a critique thread.

Jan 20 10 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

FJR Photography

Pekin, Indiana, US

How did this one sneek into the POTD contest for 1/26/2010. Should it not be in 18+?

18+ link

https://www.modelmayhem.com/potd_previe … _id=156618

Jan 26 10 04:17 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

FredsFotos wrote:
How did this one sneek into the POTD contest for 1/26/2010. Should it not be in 18+?

18+ link

https://www.modelmayhem.com/potd_previe … _id=156618

It is 18+ and it is gone wink

Jan 26 10 07:29 am Link

Model

Tina King

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I am not sure if this question belongs here or on another site of the forum but here goes:
Is it me or is anyone else noticing that the 18+ winners and/or highest number of vote getters are explicit ones, i.e. those that focus on genitalia and if so, why is that?I thought the point was artistic nudes & yes, I understand that just like beauty, artistry is in the eyes of the beholder but some of the highest vote getters seem a bit graphic to me.
Thanks.

Jan 27 10 10:20 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Tina King wrote:
I am not sure if this question belongs here or on another site of the forum but here goes:
Is it me or is anyone else noticing that the 18+ winners and/or highest number of vote getters are explicit ones, i.e. those that focus on genitalia and if so, why is that?I thought the point was artistic nudes & yes, I understand that just like beauty, artistry is in the eyes of the beholder but some of the highest vote getters seem a bit graphic to me.
Thanks.

Yes, some of the entries are rather graphic and leave little to the imagination.

As the PotD18+ Moderator I scrutinize each image and if there is no violation of the rules then the image goes into the contest. I am in daily communication with the MM Administrators and IB (the parent of MM) working to clarify and augment the PotD18+ rules.
(translation: I’m just a traffic cop – I can only enforce the rules as stated – I can not make up rules as I go to deal with a problem)

If you have a suggestion on how a PotD18+ rule can be reworked please do not hesitate to PM me with the details and I will present your suggestion to the Admins.

In addition, some of the images that are placing quite high in the vote count are doing so by using vote stacking (the solicitation of votes here and on other sites).

If you see a violation or cheater, please report it – I can only act on valid reports from the membership.

Jan 27 10 11:58 pm Link

Model

Tina King

Makes sense. Thank you. Have a happy day!
smile
Tina

Jan 28 10 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Michael P Randazzo

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Sorry I posted this in the old thread, so I am asking again here. Why was my image for 1/29/10 DQ'd?

It was a picture of Keria Grant with a green Lucite cane on her butt. Just wondering.

Thanks Jojo.
Mike

Jan 29 10 05:23 am Link

Photographer

Z_Photo

Huntsville, Alabama, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

In addition, some of the images that are placing quite high in the vote count are doing so by using vote stacking (the solicitation of votes here and on other sites).

primary reason for overall decline in the contest.  my amused observation on the topic:  the need for self stroking seems in line with many of the images the solicitors post

Jan 29 10 05:48 am Link

Model

Ereka Marcelino

Kihei, Hawaii, US

So what about if a pic in 18+ POTD isn't 18+? Like the one in 2nd place today?

Jan 29 10 06:50 am Link

Model

Ereka Marcelino

Kihei, Hawaii, US

Z_Photo wrote:

primary reason for overall decline in the contest.  my amused observation on the topic:  the need for self stroking seems in line with many of the images the solicitors post

I quit entering for awhile over that too. It should just be for fun, but it is annoying when you know what's going on. I play, but I play fair and let the image do the talking.

Jan 29 10 06:52 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

Z_Photo wrote:

The really sad point here is that most people want to complain about the vote stacking going on but how many people report the vote stacking.

The answer – in the past week TWO people have actually bothered to report vote stacking.

Last week I had a photographer PM me complaining about the vote stacking. I looked at his port – the first TAG on his page was ‘Vote for me in the PotD18+’. I checked the votes (yes, as a MOD I can see who voted for which image) and sure enough this photographer had voted for the vote stacker.
I wrote back and asked this guy about his vote – he responded ‘He’s my friend and he asked me to vote for him – what’s wrong with that – I’m not going to rat on a friend’

Jan 29 10 07:29 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Ereka Marcelino wrote:
So what about if a pic in 18+ POTD isn't 18+? Like the one in 2nd place today?

Take a look at the image... see the pubic hair? Nuff said?

Jan 29 10 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Lies Lies Lies

Reno, Nevada, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:
Take a look at the image... see the pubic hair? Nuff said?

Ms. Suicide, by no means is this a criticizing of your upholding of the rules, or even a criticizing of the rules themselves. It just strikes me funny that something as trivial as hair, albeit pubic hair, has become demonized into the realm of adult content.

When you stop to study many of the images in mainstream media, in particular from high-end designers of everything from Hugo jeans to the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, one will often see garments just barely covering the pubic area. And because those areas have been groomed free of pubic hair by everything from waxing to a professional grade commercial lawn mower, those areas aren't terribly scrutinized.

But if there's a hint of pubic hair it becomes a 18+ sexual taboo? Granted the stuff can't be easily permed, feathered, crimped, braided (in most cases), parted from the left, right, or center, straitened, finger-curled, or even bobby-pinned into something resembling a "style". The only thing it seems to be good for is lathering soap, giving crustaceans a safe retreat, and growing potatoes, and yet it gets thrown into the melting pot with all the other sexually related parts of the body? By scientific definition chest hair, armpit hair, beards, mustaches, and goatees are also made up of pubic hair as they are so related by the time in one's life when all these patches of fur come into existence, i.e.: Puberty. Yet we welcome these things openly?

What a strange people we have become. wink

Jan 29 10 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Occidental

Los Angeles, California, US

I can't figure out where the links are to the actual contest.
I clicked on two links in the FAQ thread, and got a 404 error with pictures of a cat punching another cat both times.

Jan 31 10 04:17 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Charles West wrote:
I can't figure out where the links are to the actual contest.
I clicked on two links in the FAQ thread, and got a 404 error with pictures of a cat punching another cat both times.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests

scary
I'm shocked wink

Jan 31 10 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

You Pierced

I think there should be a button to click and report on entries that aren't following the rules. It seams that there are several entrants that keep posting the same image every day until they win (people must get sick of seeing them). Also there are many images that aren't "Office Safe" in the POD. Having a naked woman sideways so her crack, pubes, or nipples aren't showing doesn't make it "Office Safe" she is still being shown naked and it isn't appropriate for a "safe environment".

By having this link moderators would see images that aren't appropriate for the rules. This applies the POD and POD 18+.

Feb 01 10 10:46 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

You Pierced wrote:
I think there should be a button to click and report on entries that aren't following the rules. It seams that there are several entrants that keep posting the same image every day until they win (people must get sick of seeing them). Also there are many images that aren't "Office Safe" in the POD. Having a naked woman sideways so her crack, pubes, or nipples aren't showing doesn't make it "Office Safe" she is still being shown naked and it isn't appropriate for a "safe environment".

By having this link moderators would see images that aren't appropriate for the rules. This applies the POD and POD 18+.

Are you looking at the queue or the contest?

You will find all sorts of rule breakers and cheaters plus many honest contestants in the queue. The queue is where the entries are held until they are validated by the contest MODs.

Although it does happen both the PotD and the PotD18+ are usually free of rule breakers but then there are always the vote stackers, and we catch and disqualify them as they are reported to us.

As for ‘work safe’, the PotD is (to MM’s standards) work safe. This does not mean that the PotD is work safe in your work environment.
The PotD18+ by its very nature is not work safe.

As for your Button concept, the big problem is that many of the contestants are just going to click on their competitors just to get them DQd. This would create a massive pile of phony complaints that we would have to sift through.

Feb 01 10 09:18 pm Link

Model

katlyn lacoste

Seattle, Washington, US

Doesn't look like the winner is actually 18+ today.

Feb 02 10 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Vamp Boudoir

Florence, South Carolina, US

I have never understood how you can "discuss" an image and not discuss the attributes of the image

Feb 02 10 06:27 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

-KATLA- wrote:
Doesn't look like the winner is actually 18+ today.

You need to take a closer look wink

Feb 02 10 07:31 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Rebel Photo wrote:
I have never understood how you can "discuss" an image and not discuss the attributes of the image

Feb 02 10 07:36 am Link

Model

Tina King

(regular contest)18+http://www.modelmayhem.com/potd_preview.php?potd_id=159189

https://www.modelmayhem.com/potd_previe … _id=159367

https://www.modelmayhem.com/potd_previe … _id=159349

https://www.modelmayhem.com/potd_previe … _id=159261

Shouldn't these all be in the 18+ contest?
Thanks!
smile

Feb 02 10 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Tina King wrote:
Shouldn't these all be in the 18+ contest?
Thanks!
smile

I think thongs are ok for non 18+ and that models parts are covered in 1st image.

Feb 03 10 08:54 am Link

Model

Dream Model

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
I think thongs are ok for non 18+ and that models parts are covered in 1st image.

I thought the new rule makes full booty view thongs 18+ now?

"The following represent image types that are allowed on Model Mayhem but must be marked "M" by their owners and must follow the Keep Model Mayhem Worksafe rule:

- bare buttocks (thong or not)

..."

Feb 05 10 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

DRock Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Hello! I was just wondering... althought it is 18+, I submitted the wrong image for tomorrows contest and I was wondering if not only could it be removed but is it possible to clear the queue again so I can post the correct one or is it something that cant be undone? Either way I would like to remove the current one, thanks!

DRock~

Feb 06 10 09:03 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

DRock Photography wrote:
Hello! I was just wondering... althought it is 18+, I submitted the wrong image for tomorrows contest and I was wondering if not only could it be removed but is it possible to clear the queue again so I can post the correct one or is it something that cant be undone? Either way I would like to remove the current one, thanks!

DRock~

It's gone now wink

Feb 06 10 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

Beaute de LeDeux-Shelly

Ashland, California, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:
So here it is, as promised, a PotD18+ Discussion thread.

Got a PotD18+ question? Ask it.
Got a PotD18+ problem? Let’s get it solved here.

One thing I ask – let’s keep things civil.

Oh, and just in case no one has mentioned it before, if you’re going to include a URL to an 18+ image you must include ‘18+’ before the URL.
(and it goes without saying – no posting 18+ images)

Have fun wink

JoJo

thanks

Feb 07 10 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Billy G Photography

Cape May, New Jersey, US

I went to the POD 18+ contest to vote like I do every morning and this morning it said I already voted.... But I did not.. What gives????

Feb 10 10 04:10 am Link

Photographer

FJR Photography

Pekin, Indiana, US

Billy G Photography wrote:
I went to the POD 18+ contest to vote like I do every morning and this morning it said I already voted.... But I did not.. What gives????

Me to.... both POTD contests say I have already voted...must been that downtime upgrade last nite

Feb 10 10 04:47 am Link

Makeup Artist

Brad Overcash

Snyder, Texas, US

Ditto. Same happened to me.

Feb 10 10 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Billy G Photography

Cape May, New Jersey, US

FredsFotos wrote:
Me to.... both POTD contests say I have already voted...must been that downtime upgrade last nite

This happened a photographer that assisted me on a shoot a while back on one of our images we worked on, He hardly ever votes, I told him to report it, that maybe someone was using his voting rights somehow... He never did of course.. Something to think about..

Feb 10 10 05:59 am Link

Photographer

FJR Photography

Pekin, Indiana, US

This happened a photographer that assisted me on a shoot a while back on one of our images we worked on, He hardly ever votes, I told him to report it, that maybe someone was using his voting rights somehow... He never did of course.. Something to think about..

Read all the recent posts... not happening just to me but a bunch of others

Feb 10 10 06:03 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Due to the system upgrades last night we have a problem with the voting today.

All I can say is we are working on it.

Feb 10 10 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Images by Gordon

Gautier, Mississippi, US

Hey - woke up this morning and was going to vote but my page said that I had already voted today but I had not - just wondering what might have happened?

Feb 10 10 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Images by Gordon

Gautier, Mississippi, US

Never mind - sorry about that

Feb 10 10 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Timothy Logan

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Can anyone tell me why my image has been removed from the contest?

Feb 12 10 04:50 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Timothy Logan wrote:
Can anyone tell me why my image has been removed from the contest?

Where is the model's hand?
I doubt she is searching for her car keys.
'Nuff said wink

Feb 12 10 07:41 am Link

Model

Jasmine 1969

San Antonio, Texas, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

Where is the model's hand?
I doubt she is searching for her car keys.
'Nuff said wink

LOL!!! smile

Feb 12 10 08:16 am Link