Forums > Photography Talk > The Photography Assistants List

Photographer

Montana Designs

Baker, Montana, US

Name: Jeremy
Primary Interests: Portraits, Events, Wedding...interested in nearly everything.
Compensation: Open, depending on assignment and usage.
Qualifications and other Details: Pro gear, good understanding of lighting and strobes, exposure.  Very good with people and reliable.  Fun to work with.

Thanks!

Dec 27 11 09:37 am Link

Photographer

DioBurto Photography

Miami, Florida, US

Name: Dion Burton

Contact info:
I can be contacted via PM or through the contact form on my website. From there, I can provide my direct contact info.

Facebook: DioBurto Photo

Location: Tampa/Clearwater, FL. Miami and Orlando if travel covered.

Primary Interests: Editorial projects and Events

Compensation:

Negotiable. Strong preference for paid assignments, but willing to assist talented commercial and editorial photographers to learn some new techniques, on a case-by-case basis.

Qualifications and other Details:

1 year of freelance shooting. Have assisted on a few weddings but have spent most of my time doing editorial/fashion styled shoots. Very opened minded and technical. Problem solving quickly and creatively are one of my biggest assets. My athletic background allows me to be able help in hauling equipment if needed.

Dec 27 11 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Updated to here...

Post your...

Name:
Compensation:

(just copy and paste that to your post, and fill it in.)

Dec 27 11 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Shane Drummond

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

Name: Shane Drummond
Primary Interests: Beauty and editorial

Compensation: Lunch, KNOWLEDGE, unused equipment or money $50 all day

Qualifications and other Details: Im a organizer and a great person to be around assisted photographers before and they always become close friends, im pretty decent when it comes to lighting and i have a GRAPHIC DESIGN DEGREE, i can also be a secondary photographer behind the scene.

Dec 30 11 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Nicole S Photography

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Name: Nicole Small

Blog: http://nicolesmallphotography.wordpress.com/

Primary Interests: Fashion and Portraiture.

Compensation: negotiable

Details:

My main interests are fashion and portraiture. I'm experienced with strobes and various light modifiers. I am self taught and I am always eager to learn.

Dec 30 11 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Moses A Saldana

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Moises Saldana

Hollywood, Ca

Dec 30 11 08:52 pm Link

Digital Artist

Stockton Photography

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Name: Geri Stockton (Non-Toxic Waste)

Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (surrounding areas up to 150 miles)

Primary Interests: Commercial, Fashion, Portrait, Event Photography

Compensation: None. I would just like the occasional lunch and free advice.

- 10+ years in digital art and photo retouching.
     - 5 years in photo manipulation, commercial advertising.
     - M.A. from the University of Oklahoma
     - Proficient with DSLR's and equipment.
     - Expert in Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.

Jan 01 12 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Huhyt huy

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom

Name: Ricky
Primary Interests: Fashon, Portrait, editorial
Compensation: ANY

Jan 02 12 05:41 am Link

Photographer

Tom Zylla

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Name: Tom

Primary Interests: Portrait/People/Fashion/Music

Compensation: Depends on the job

Portrait/People/Still/Stock/Fashion
Very good rental contacts!
Photoassist.: Canon/Bowens/Profoto/Hasselblad/Studio

I'm an Assistant to Camera too: DSLR, RED, Alexa, FocusPuller

Jan 06 12 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Martin Luong

West Covina, California, US

Name: Martin Luong
Primary Interests: anything
Compensation: experience
Qualifications and other Details: I have been shooting on/off for about two years. Assisted Eduardo Garcia #63991

Jan 06 12 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Ronald K

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia

Name: Ronald

Primary Interests: Fashion/Editorial/Swimsuit

Compensation: Depends on assignment

I've been shooting seriously in the past four years. Have assisted
  Gilbert Rossi on a beach photoshoot.

Jan 27 12 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Joe Gunawan fotosiamo

Los Angeles, California, US

Name: Joe Gunawan | fotosiamo

Contact info:
Check out my website at www.fotosiamo.com.  You can also email me at fotosiamo.com

Facebook: Fotosiamo fotografie

Location: Los Angeles, CA, but willing to travel within a 3 hour travel window

Primary Interests: Editorial, commercial, and fashion

Compensation:

Negotiable. I prefer paid assignments, but I am willing to assist talented commercial and editorial photographers. Let me know what you have in mind big_smile

Assisted for: Greg Gorman (3 day shoot), Andrew Southam (1 day shoot for People's Magazine and another 1 day shoot), Howard Rosenberg (2 day shoot), and BJ Formento from New York several times (One of Annie Lebovitz former assistant).  I have also worked with several other fashion and commercial photographers in the greater Los Angeles area.

Versatility is also another asset that I have. I have produced and shot several relatively large scale all-day productions, and I have shot with just one Einstein monolight with a beauty dish, moving quickly through multiple make-shift natural environments.

I am also an experienced retoucher and can use Photoshop and Lightroom to do perform frequency separation and dodging and burning, as well as compositing.

Once again, please take a look at my website for further examples: www.fotosiamo.com

Jan 29 12 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Picture This Studio

Detroit, Michigan, US

Name: Kevin Randolph
Primary Interests: Fashion/Beauty
Compensation: Paid or Internship
Qualifications and other details: Beginner basic knowledge, I have assisted before.

Jan 30 12 01:19 am Link

Photographer

Dan D Lyons Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Accidental posting. When updating my posting on Pg 3, I selected "quote" as opposed to "edit" and hit 'reply' before realizing it wasn't an 'edit' button hmm  Sorry, Brooks!

~D

Feb 01 12 03:22 am Link

Photographer

My Digital Eye

London, England, United Kingdom

Name: Yo
Primary Interests: Fashion, Beauty, Editorial
Compensation: experience?
Qualifications and other Details: I've been shooting since 2008, have an HNC in photography, working on a FDA in photography, have been self taught up until college in 2010 although I haven't been learning anything there.

Own lights, camera and saving up for action, I have some experience, could do with a bit more.

I do my own retouching although I'd like to learn to achieve higher results in camera.

I'm at college monday-wednesday, however I'm more than willing to be ill if something worth while comes up.

Contact me through MM or the contact page on my website

www.mydigitaleye.com

peas.

Feb 19 12 09:49 am Link

Photographer

DC PHOTOGRAPHY

Name: Dang V.
Primary Interests: Any
Compensation: Negotiable

Mar 05 12 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Updated to here...

Post your...

Name:
Compensation:

Mar 12 12 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Marcio Faustino

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Name: Marcio

Location: Looking for oportunity to assist in London (short term or long term).

Primary Interests: Editorial, commercial and portrait.

Compensation: paid or free for the right photographer.

Qualifications and other Details: I have been shooting with 35mm film negative, 120 negative, cropped and full frame digital.

Experienced with developing negatives, printing and digital retouch.

Knowlodge of shooting with strobs, speedlights, bouncers and natural light. I am discret and polite.

I speak English, French, Portuguese, I am able to comunicate with spanish speakers and I am studding german.

Mar 12 12 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

In the Light Photos

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Name:Terry
Location Palm Beach and Broward County, FL
Primary Interests:Photography(all genres) Location lighting
Compensation:Negotiable
Qualifications and other Details: Camera enthusiast, significant experience Portraiture (diverse locations/same model), landscapes, animal.  I shoot with Canon T2i.

Mar 12 12 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Anthony Thurston

Gresham, Oregon, US

Name: Anthony Thurston

Primary Interests: Editorial, Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Photography

Compensation:  Negotiable , I am just happy for the experience but $$ is always nice as well.

I am a Student studying Wed Design and Interactive Media, but my real passion is photography. I would consider myself an "Advanced Amature" when it comes to actual photography experience. I shoot as much and as often as I can.

I have some experience working with studio lighting, and equipment. I am a hard working assistant, who will not be afraid to offer opinions when asked.

Mar 12 12 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

JazStudios

Berkeley, California, US

Name: Jasmine Bradley
Primary Interests: All types of photography (I want to learn as much as I can)
Qualifications and other Details: I am currently enrolled at the Academy of Art in SF and I am proficient with many lighting setups and equipment both in studio and on location. I know how to work with 35mm film, med format and digital cameras. Anything I do not know I learn very quickly.

Mar 13 12 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Dale Lotts

Crystal, Minnesota, US

Name: Dale

Primary Interests: Commercial and Fashion

Compensation: Experience shooting with talented photographer.

Qualifications and other Details: I am also a Software Product Architect so I am extremely technical. Currently knowledgeable in standard tools like PhaseOne, Lightroom, Photoshop, and able to learn any software in detail very quickly. Specialized in business process automation so I understand the importance of process and efficiency in your workflow. Available at any time, day or night. To date, I am a self-taught photographer and highly motivated to work with and learn from a experienced photographer currently working in Commercial and/or Fashion.

Mar 13 12 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Maura Housley

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Name: Maura Housley
Primary Interests: fashion, alt, commercial, portraiture.
Compensation: Looking for a job in the area.
Qualifications and other Details: Graduated with Bachelors of Fine Arts in Photography and Computer Design. I have assisted for photographers and artists in the area and have worked during many events (promotion, installing, etc) , as well as working on the lighting crew on two feature length films and two shorts. Knowledge of strobe and continuos lighting. Have worked with HMIs and have a great will and want to learn. Full resume available upon request.

Mar 16 12 12:17 am Link

Photographer

Mohamed Osama

Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

Name: Mohamed Osama

Primary Interests: All Types of Photography

Qualifications and other Details: I am a 3d artist with 7+ years of experience in the Commercial and Advertising Field , Photographer for 2 years and i am shooting with eos 500D

Mar 16 12 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Mike Yamin

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Name: Mike Yamin

Location: Danbury, CT and New York, NY on weekends throughout 2012

Primary Interests: Editorial, advertising, portraiture

Compensation: Any

Qualifications and other Details: I've been a serious photographer since 2007 and have become a proficient retoucher since then. I worked in a high-end portrait studio in 2010-2011 and photographed over 250 families and individuals in that time. I was formally trained there in studio lighting and worked with Broncolor lights, Canon cameras, and Capture One on PCs. I have also used Alien Bees lights, Nikon cameras (I own a D700), and Lightroom.

I'm hoping to work with an established photographer in Manhattan, but I know that my weekend availability is very limiting.

Mar 22 12 10:46 pm Link

Model

June Love

Nick Kane
Los Angeles
Primary Interests: Underwater photography
Compensation: assist trade or free underwater
I am a very experienced assistant that usually gets paid but my reason for posting here is to offer help and add to my underwater lighting and assisting experience. Plus trade assist for assist trades.

Apr 03 12 02:52 am Link

Photographer

dan orlow assisting

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

Freelance Assistant and Digital Tech
Name: Dan Orlow
Primary Interests: Advertising,Beauty,Editorial,Fashion,Product
Compensation: Paid Only. Rates varie by job.
Qualifications and other Details: 10+ years of experience working with photographers from around the country. Familiar with most brands of lighting.

May 16 12 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Murad rm Photography

London, England, United Kingdom

Name:  Murad RM
Primary Interests:  Beauty/Lingerie/Commercial
Compensation: Paid (Negotiable)
Qualifications and other Details: Experienced beauty photographer, good knowledge onlighting, photoshop, lightroom. Would love to work with great teams  smile

May 16 12 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

JW Photo and Design

Middletown, Connecticut, US

Name: JW from JW Photography and Design

Primary Interests: Kids | Seniors| Special Events | Family/Group | Journalism/in the moment photography.

Compensation: I am a 23 photographer in CT but I would love to try being an assisting as well. Paid and/or TFWORK. I would love the learning experience and the opportunity to make more friends and clients!

Qualifications and other Details: Self tough photographer for 5 years and photo editor for 7. I use program Photoshop cs5 and Lightroom 4 from time to time. I took 2 Digital Photography Classes 1&2 high school as well as an html/Dreamweaver class. In college I took Advertising by Design. I have my own website, blog, and Facebook page.

May 25 12 11:31 pm Link

Retoucher

Barry Green Retouching

High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom

Name:  Barry Green
Primary Interests:  Fashion, Beauty and Portraiture - Studio and Location
Experience: Studio and Location, Natural light, flash, low light. Compensation: Expenses (or extra if requested to use own equipment)
Qualifications and other Details: Engineer, sales and marketing, well travelled internationally. French and Japanese languages. Elinchrom, Bowens, Sekonic and Tethered experience. Including punctuality, commitment and reliablity to boot!

May 26 12 08:54 am Link

Photographer

J M

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Name: Jesse Mullins
Primary Interests: Fashion / Beauty / Editorial / Commercial
Qualifications and other Details: 2 years of shooting and assisting on campaigns.

May 26 12 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Hacklight

Macon, Georgia, US

Name: Buck

Primary Interests: Mainly wedding and event; also fashion/glamour/portrait

Compensation: I'm just happy to get the experience. If I pull the trigger for you I might ask if I can put the pics in my port, but that's negotiable.

Qualifications and other Details: I've been shooting as an amateur for 35 years, including the odd wedding now and then, but I now want to learn the wedding photo business from a pro. (I live in a small town and would provide no competition in the Atlanta market once trained.) I have Canon 5DmkII, 7D, 40D bodies; 580EXII flashes with bracket, light stands, and pocket wizards; a range of L lenses; some studio experience; location off-camera lighting experience; and (just to show you how in-depth I've been) D-76 darkroom experience. I would be happy to second shoot but I don't expect/require this by any means. Just hanging around and toting equipment would be fine if I get to watch you work and ask unobtrusive questions.

May 28 12 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Vanilla_Manhattan

New York, New York, US

Name: Anna aka VanillaManhattan

Primary Interests: High Fashion, beauty, editorial photography, catalogs, model tests both in studio and on location. Also looking to learn the business side of things.

Compensation: Looking to assist an established Fashion photographer for experience.

Qualifications and other Details: self-taught photographer, one year experience. please, check my portfolio for defining my qualification. I have my own equipment (Nikon) including lighting if necessary. Fast learner. Flexible schedule.

May 30 12 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

evolverphoto

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

Name: Daniel Gregory

Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom (Willing to Travel)

Primary Interests: Fashion, editorial, commercial, portraiture & beauty

Compensation: Mainly experience, anything else is a bonus

Qualifications & other details: I completed a Higher National Diploma course in Photography at University of Wolverhampton in 2009. As a photography student, I've done various types of photo imaging such as cars, architecture and portraits.

I'm a fast learner, flexible, always eager to learn/try out new things and have a fun but professional attitude to my work.

Jun 06 12 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Updated to here...

Post your...

Name:
Compensation:

Jun 06 12 10:24 am Link

Photographer

CevdetArkun

İstanbul, İstanbul, Turkey

Name: Jeff Arkun
Primary Interests: Glamour, Fashion, Nude, Erotic, Lingerie, sports and Weddings
Compensation: none. Will work for food big_smile
Qualifications and other Details: I am still a photography student at a college, and just trying to learn as much as I can from other photographers.

Jul 02 12 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

A Sensual Portrait

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Name: Rodney Cook
Primary Interests: On location or studio; editorial, fashion, glamour, swimwear, catalog, and creative.
Compensation: Paid only.
Qualifications and other Details: I am looking to get additional exposure and enjoy learning from other photographers. I have all equipment necessary (list available upon request) as well as 24/7 availability to a commecial studio if needed. I work hard and my true passion for photography is something appreciated by everyone I work with whether models or peers. I can work as a primary or secondary shooter as well as assist where needed.

Mayhem #2115374 Photographer

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 720-412-2130

Sincerely,
Rodney Cook

Jul 08 12 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Photo Kyle

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, US

Name: Kyle O'Brien
Primary Interests: Interested in all types of photography
Compensation:  Paid or Unpaid
Qualifications and other Details:  Associate's Degree in Photography from local community college.  Been shooting since beginning of 2003.  Willing to travel a little bit. Shot sports for 2 years.

Jul 30 12 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

TheShootest Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Name:  Derrick
Primary Interests:  All areas
Compensation:  Photos only locally and expenses traveling
Qualifications and other Details: 10 yrs experience, a good eye, and desire to keep learning more and more.

Jul 30 12 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

Austin D

Cary, North Carolina, US

Name: Austin
Primary Interests: All Areas, Especially Fashion, Wedding & Event
Compensation: Paid, Hourly rate is negotiable based on time of day and location

Qualifications and other Details: 5+ years of direct experience, mostly in editorial publications, newspapers & magazines. Another 3 years experience on the other side of the fence (client side, photo buyer).
I also have experience in editing, processing, color-correction for print, page production as well as limited experience with writing and graphic design. Other helpful experience includes event coordination & organizing, scheduling, and deadline management.

Oct 24 12 01:04 pm Link