Forums > Model Colloquy > plus size model in Playboy!

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

Mark wrote:

Ugh why would some one pay money to buy a photo of a plump woman like this when the next magazine has some rare exquisite slender beauty?  I hate that this culture celebrates undisciplined  over eaters

Not everyone finds rail thin fashion models to be beautiful. They certainly have no place in Playboy.

Your comment is like me saying, "I hate that we live in an industry that supports not eating and throwing up your food."

There are fat people that overeat and there are women with bone structures that are simply curvy. The model celebrated in this thread is simply curvy...and if she were to lose weight, she'd probably still have those same curves and not get down to what you think is acceptable (ribs and such).

She is a Botticelli, and plenty of people associate that with beauty, not overeating.

Apr 07 11 08:25 am Link

Model

Kendra Spring Adams

Lincoln, Nebraska, US

This woman is gorgeous.

However, this relates in no way to Marilyn Monroe.  When she was in Playboy, it was shot randomly years earlier.  She was tiny.  You could see her ribs.  Her breasts sat up and begged like little puppies.

Plus-sized my ass!

Apr 07 11 08:49 am Link

Model

QuietAsKept

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I like reading your threads dedicated to plus size models, Marianne and I will continue to post my comments. smile

Mark should know that there are women who are naturally plus sized. Yes,he entitled to his own opinion but the context he used was straight up wrong in my opinion.

I'm gonna leave it at that before I type some assholery popcorn

Apr 07 11 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Magic Image Photography

Temple City, California, US

Fantastic.

Apr 07 11 10:48 pm Link

Model

Annoula T

Fort Lee, New Jersey, US

ah i am so happy for Fluvia! She also won Plus Commercial Print Model of the Year 2010 from Full Figured Fashion!

Apr 11 11 10:00 pm Link

Model

Jeneva Jones

Murrieta, California, US

Bare Essential Photos wrote:
Well, if it wasn't for height, Jeneva Jones (MM #118971) would probably be the no.1 plus size model right now in the USA. She's a reincarnation of the 60's Playboy Playmate.

Gabby

I know this is an old thread, but I just happened to look up plus sized playboy and this was the first thing that came up. First off, thank you Gabby for the notice. Second of all this playboy playmate is gorgeous. Congrats to her. I myself am trying to get into Playboy at the size of 42-31-42. I'm on the smaller size of plus sized, but hope to change the new USA Playboy standards.

Go plus sized!! Woo hoo! smile

Aug 09 12 03:30 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

ShivaKitty wrote:

This.

My theory is that, back before implants were so common, if one wanted to create pin-up images featuring big-breasted women, they had to use fuller-figured models.

It's kind of rare to see very slender-figured women (such as many of today's glamor models) with low body-fat, who also carry natural DD breasts. It happens - my mother is actually built this way - but it's not very common.

Now that many women have augmentations, thin women, with little extra body-fat, can easily have big breasts. In the 60s and 70s, when few women had those types of augmentations, pin-up magazines had to select among larger women if they wanted bigger boobies.

This is an oldish thread and I admit I'm only reading the first page, but... I swear they didn't have small boobs back then. I can NEVER find vintage lingerie in anything smaller than a C.

Aug 09 12 03:34 pm Link

Model

Jeneva Jones

Murrieta, California, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
This is an oldish thread and I admit I'm only reading the first page, but... I swear they didn't have small boobs back then. I can NEVER find vintage lingerie in anything smaller than a C.

It is an old thread and I myself only read the first page. Not many women had small boobs because most were full figured. I don't think too many women thought about being thin until Twiggy came along. Then again, I was born late 80's, so this is all based on opinion. Don't scorn me. *raises arms across face*

P.S. I have trouble finding vintage lingerie that fits me. I'm a 32G. Where have you seen good vintage clothing besides thrift stores?

Aug 09 12 03:39 pm Link

Model

Sabine Luise

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Jeneva Jones wrote:
It is an old thread and I myself only read the first page. Not many women had small boobs because most were full figured. I don't think too many women thought about being thin until Twiggy came along. Then again, I was born late 80's, so this is all based on opinion. Don't scorn me. *raises arms across face*

P.S. I have trouble finding vintage lingerie that fits me. I'm a 32G. Where have you seen good vintage clothing besides thrift stores?

This is old and I missed it.

My mom was very excited about Twiggy, because she is as small as Twiggy. Her mother and sister are plus, lol. Kind of did not get my mother's genes here.

Vintage lingerie is SO hard to find.

Etsy. They sell vintage and handmade items. So you can even find designers who will custom make them for you.

http://www.orchardcorset.com/, has vintage Rago brand girdles that can be dyed, just don't get the one attached with the bra.

Aug 10 12 07:48 pm Link