This thread was locked on 2012-01-11 09:59:13
Forums > Photography Talk > 2nd LIST - MENTOR support for newbie photographers

Photographer

fotopfw

Kerkrade, Limburg, Netherlands

Epicos wrote:
Appreciate the thread and all the help and knowledge the more experienced photographers are willing to share.

I would like to have my portfolio assessed; I already have in mind what some of my issues are but would like to see what a more experienced eye sees.

Thanks!

I'll be on it in a few hours...
Paul

Aug 29 11 04:56 am Link

Photographer

PBodyPhotos

CAMBRIA HEIGHTS, New York, US

PBodyPhotos wrote:
Hello,

This is a great resource and thank you to everyone involved. I would appreciate an assessment of my portfolio by anyone available.

Thank you

I'd just like to extend my thank you in this thread to Anthopal Photography, for his assessment on my portfolio. It was very informative and concise.

I am still open to any further assessments as well, should someone else become available. As I begin working on new changes, I am open to any feedback from seasoned/skilled photographers.

Thank you all, again.

Aug 29 11 05:15 am Link

Photographer

WNY Nude Models - WNYNM

Buffalo, New York, US

Epicos wrote:
Appreciate the thread and all the help and knowledge the more experienced photographers are willing to share.

I would like to have my portfolio assessed; I already have in mind what some of my issues are but would like to see what a more experienced eye sees.

Thanks!

I've sent you a few thoughts...  Hope they help...

Aug 29 11 05:49 am Link

Photographer

ESPhotos

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I would love a portfolio assessment by more experienced photographers. Also, if there is anyone willing to be a mentor around the Pittsburgh Pa area, I would love to hear from them. Thank you.

Aug 29 11 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

KeithD3

Saint Joseph, Missouri, US

I would like to be added to the list of mentors available in my area of the world.  I am in the Kansas City Mo area.  I currently am member of "The List" and would like to offer whatever help I can to new photographers.

I would be happy to also be on the hotline and make my number available for photographers in the field.

Thank you for considering me and looking forward to your decision.

Keith

Aug 29 11 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

fotopfw

Epicos wrote:

Thanks!

You have a PM!
Paul

Aug 29 11 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

WNY Nude Models - WNYNM

Buffalo, New York, US

KeithDewey3 wrote:
I would like to be added to the list of mentors available in my area of the world.  I am in the Kansas City Mo area.  I currently am member of "The List" and would like to offer whatever help I can to new photographers.

I would be happy to also be on the hotline and make my number available for photographers in the field.

Thank you for considering me and looking forward to your decision.

Keith

Thank you for wanting to help others...  You've been added to the 2ndList.

Aug 30 11 02:37 am Link

Photographer

fotopfw

DLaRoy Photography wrote:
hello, im an army guy been shooting since 2008, 2 years with the canon xsi and with the canon 7d for 5 months now. love the forum and love to learn to be the best i can be. i would love to have a portfolio assessment. Thank you

Message sent!
Paul

Aug 30 11 06:14 am Link

Photographer

ALindsey Photography

Marietta, Georgia, US

I would love an assessment of my portfolio by more experienced photographers. I have done some changing on mine and would love advice and opinions.

Also, would love to see if anyone would help mentor me in the Atlanta area.

Aug 30 11 07:55 am Link

Photographer

KeithD3

Saint Joseph, Missouri, US

Austen Lindsey wrote:
I would love an assessment of my portfolio by more experienced photographers. I have done some changing on mine and would love advice and opinions.

Also, would love to see if anyone would help mentor me in the Atlanta area.

Message and assessment is in your inbox.

Aug 30 11 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Epicos

Memphis, Tennessee, US

fotopfw and WNY Nude Models, thanks again for taking the time to give me such detailed suggestions.

I will study each point and keep them in mind as I continue to develop.

Thanks,

- Tony

Aug 30 11 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

M A R C P H O T O

Mission Hills, California, US

I respectfully submit my experience and work for consideration to be added to the list of Photographer Mentors available in my area of California.  I am currently a member of "The List".

It would be an honor to share my knowledge and offer whatever help I can to further  the art of photography.

Kind regards,

Marc

Aug 30 11 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

John Biddle

Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US

Hello,
I would like to be added to the mentor list. I enjoy helping both models and photographers.  Thanks for your consideration!  John Biddle

Sep 02 11 06:10 am Link

Photographer

WNY Nude Models - WNYNM

Buffalo, New York, US

M A R C P H O T O wrote:
I respectfully submit my experience and work for consideration to be added to the list of Photographer Mentors available in my area of California.  I am currently a member of "The List".

It would be an honor to share my knowledge and offer whatever help I can to further  the art of photography.

Kind regards,

Marc

You've been added to the list...  Thanks wanting to help others...

Sep 03 11 03:40 am Link

Photographer

WNY Nude Models - WNYNM

Buffalo, New York, US

John Biddle wrote:
Hello,
I would like to be added to the mentor list. I enjoy helping both models and photographers.  Thanks for your consideration!  John Biddle

Very nice work...  Love the dessert.   You've been added to the list...

Sep 03 11 03:59 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

ESPhotos wrote:
I would love a portfolio assessment by more experienced photographers. Also, if there is anyone willing to be a mentor around the Pittsburgh Pa area, I would love to hear from them. Thank you.

I'm too far for mentoring but an assessment is on its way.

Sep 03 11 04:39 am Link

Photographer

Jay Terry Photography

London, Ontario, Canada

I would be more than happy to help out any new photogs on MM. If it's available, I would like to be added to the list.

Sep 03 11 07:08 am Link

Photographer

ESPhotos

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Thanks AVD AlphaDuctions for the assessment

Sep 03 11 08:55 am Link

Photographer

WNY Nude Models - WNYNM

Buffalo, New York, US

Jay Terry wrote:
I would be more than happy to help out any new photogs on MM. If it's available, I would like to be added to the list.

You've been added to the list...  Many thanks for helping the cause.

Sep 05 11 05:24 am Link

Photographer

Harold Shore

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Hi!

Would be interested in being a mentor, if you think I qualify.

Thanks for your time.

Harold

Sep 06 11 04:09 am Link

Photographer

A Ramirez Photography

Brunswick, Ohio, US

Hi there,
I am about one year in to photography, and would love some feed back on my port, where I can improve, suggestions... etc.

I am like a sponge, willing to learn, I would love to be not only good, but amazing at what I do, plus I would love to become a mentor in the future for the IE...Riverside, Perris, California area.

All of you are amazing.

Sep 06 11 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Hi, My name is Blue and I think I need help with my mediocre model photography.  Is there a 12 step program for my affliction?

Sep 06 11 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Waters Photography

Bainbridge Island, Washington, US

I am interested in becoming a mentor, there are none in my area and I feel I can provide good feedback and guidance for those interested.

Sep 07 11 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Bryland Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

I would be interested in being a Mentor. Please look over my portfolio and see if you feel I qualify.

Thank you!

Bryon

Sep 09 11 06:08 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

BlueMoonPics wrote:
Hi, My name is Blue and I think I need help with my mediocre model photography.  Is there a 12 step program for my affliction?

Everyone has room for improvement but I would hardly call your work medicocre.  Are you looking for mentoring from a local photographer or a portfolio evaluation?

Sep 09 11 07:27 am Link

Photographer

Feverstockphoto

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

I would be happy to mentor students and new photographers in my general area, Belfast. If i meet the criteria, many thanks.

Sep 10 11 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

sheilau

London, England, United Kingdom

I would like to be mentored if possible? I don't have a portfolio (working on it) but would love to learn from others. Thanks.

Sep 11 11 01:38 am Link

Photographer

LowKey Photography

Newburgh, New York, US

Hello,

Looking for a well Professional Photographer Mentor In the New York Area,

Sep 12 11 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

WNY Nude Models - WNYNM

Buffalo, New York, US

Harold Shore wrote:
Hi!  Would be interested in being a mentor, if you think I qualify.
Thanks for your time.   
Harold

Jeff Waters Photography wrote:
I am interested in becoming a mentor, there are none in my area and I feel I can provide good feedback and guidance for those interested.

Aries Photo Studios wrote:
I would be interested in being a Mentor. Please look over my portfolio and see if you feel I qualify.  Thank you!
Bryon

Thanks to all of you...  All great ports and you've all been added.  Sorry for the delay.   Summer's tough but someone has to do it...   

I'll be catching up on the others later today.

Floyd

Sep 13 11 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Waters Photography

Bainbridge Island, Washington, US

Thanks to all of you...  All great ports and you've all been added.  Sorry for the delay.   Summer's tough but someone has to do it...   

I'll be catching up on the others later today.

Floyd

Thanks!

Sep 13 11 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Eddie Dodd Photography

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

I'm looking for a Mentor around Newcastle upon Tyne (George_UK's profile is not there)

I'm very new to this and ever so slightly (OK, a lot) intinidated by the quality of work I see here and only hope to come close to what I see here.  I hope someone will take the time to work with a keen student.

Thanks

Eddie

Sep 14 11 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Glen Earnshaw Photo

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Would like to be added to the mentor list for Western Australia. smile

Sep 18 11 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Andreas

Kiev, Kiev, Ukraine

Hi there, can I be added to the list? smile

Sep 27 11 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

MelanieMiriam

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hello!

I would love to have some feedback on my portfolio and would really appreciate all the help I can get!

I just started getting into the swing of things and would love any kind of push!

Thanks a bunch

Melanie

Sep 28 11 09:02 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PhotographyByM wrote:
Hello!

I would love to have some feedback on my portfolio and would really appreciate all the help I can get!

I just started getting into the swing of things and would love any kind of push!

Thanks a bunch

Melanie

I've bookmarked your profile and will send you some feedback within a day or two.

Dan

Sep 28 11 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Would be honored to be added to this List as a MENTOR for the District of Columbia, United States...

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration...

Regards, Thomas Van Dyke

www.RestonStudio.com

Oct 15 11 06:50 am Link

Photographer

Rubato Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I would greatly value an evaluation of my portfolio and/or advice from mentors regarding how to improve my portfolio / photography skills.

Thank you!

Oct 18 11 02:03 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Rubato Photography wrote:
I would greatly value an evaluation of my portfolio and/or advice from mentors regarding how to improve my portfolio / photography skills.

Thank you!

check your PMs.

Oct 18 11 04:44 am Link

Photographer

Jamez

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Anyone notice that WNY Nude Models - WNYNM's account it gone?

Is anyone moderating this page now?

Oct 18 11 07:42 am Link

Photographer

Photos by DeanR

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Hello all,

What a great program! The more I find out about what MM has to offer, the more impressed I am with the entire site.

Anyway, I would very much welcome any feedback or evaluation of my port and profile.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Dean

Oct 19 11 01:47 am Link