Forums > Events > Mansfield, OH: 2013 OSR Prison Group Shoot (Kious)

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

OK, so I've officially committed to the shoot now.  Yay!

Oct 31 12 07:58 am Link

Model

umami___

Tacoma, Washington, US

Bumping, let's get some more photographers in this! Nothing wrong with a little planning ahead.

Nov 02 12 07:40 am Link

Model

Bella Darling

Conover, Ohio, US

I'm looking forward to making the trip back up there! Sign me up!

Nov 03 12 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Website updated...

Nov 05 12 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Captive_Images

Glenford, Ohio, US

Really looking forward to this again... I can definitely be added to the list!

Nov 07 12 06:28 am Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Alex N wrote:
OK, so I've officially committed to the shoot now.  Yay!

Yaaaaay!

Nov 07 12 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Bumpity

Nov 08 12 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

LittleWhiteRabbit Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

I would love to come to this but I'm a new photographer - most of the work I've done has been @ group shoots where people take turns.  I do love artsy work and am very into textures and post processing...

I'm kind of afraid I wouldn't get any models to work with because I'm not a name + I'm not sure how the clothing/makeup works...

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Nov 08 12 09:40 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

karenjerzykphotography wrote:

Yaaaaay!

And I officially have you down for the 5-6 slot.

Nov 09 12 05:17 am Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

LittleWhiteRabbit Photo wrote:
I would love to come to this but I'm a new photographer - most of the work I've done has been @ group shoots where people take turns.  I do love artsy work and am very into textures and post processing...

I'm kind of afraid I wouldn't get any models to work with because I'm not a name + I'm not sure how the clothing/makeup works...

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Honestly, I would work with you if you'd be interested.  I think your work is very nice, actually.  And I like working on creative, artistic, conceptual type work.

Nov 09 12 05:19 am Link

Model

umami___

Tacoma, Washington, US

Full schedule already woo-hoo!

Though I am still accepting inquiries for the hours I have unlisted or not marked as "unavailable", so don't hesitate to ask!

I think I just stoked myself brb.

Nov 09 12 07:07 am Link

Photographer

TheLittleG Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

i will be attending this event as of now.

Nov 09 12 07:40 am Link

Photographer

LittleWhiteRabbit Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

Alex N wrote:

Honestly, I would work with you if you'd be interested.  I think your work is very nice, actually.  And I like working on creative, artistic, conceptual type work.

Thanks so much...still not sure if I'll sign up but I will let you know if I do...

Nov 09 12 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

RBM Photo

Bellbrook, Ohio, US

Jolly Rauncher wrote:
I think I just stoked myself brb.

Do you need a towel? Or a wet-nap? I have lots of wet-naps.

Nov 09 12 09:39 pm Link

Model

umami___

Tacoma, Washington, US

RBM Photo wrote:

Do you need a towel? Or a wet-nap? I have lots of wet-naps.

hahaha as long as they aren't the lemon scented ones. I wanna smell like fresh babies.

Nov 10 12 06:53 am Link

Photographer

RBM Photo

Bellbrook, Ohio, US

Gotta love that new baby smell. I spray it all around my house so the place smells like fresh baby and fixer.

Nov 10 12 07:19 am Link

Model

acid_grave

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Thoughts?  Thanks.

I would totally work with you. ^_^

Nov 10 12 10:49 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Thoughts?  Thanks.

We've had a few "new" photographers... you'll fit right in. smile Not have a "name" really won't limit your options.

This group shoot is a little bit different than what you're used to. You don't take turns, really... it's more a free-for-all. You arrange shoot times with prospective models, MUA's and stylists and go from there.

You discuss with your models if they are going to provide wardrobe or you can provide wardrobe. We usually have a handful of MUAs that sign up for the event, so you contact them for available times. A lot of models do their own makeup. It all boils down to how extensive your plans are, etc.

For now, I'll add you to the tentative list. Make sure you check out the shoot's "official" website, too (there's tons of info there):

http://www.kious.com/osr

Nov 11 12 12:55 am Link

Photographer

TheLittleG Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

if there is any models that would like to take a chance and work with me that would be great. just send me a message and we can work it out

also my daughter may be coming along with me, she is in cosmotology school right now and will be available for hair and makeup

Nov 11 12 06:24 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Most my time slots are open!

Models - If you are interested in using one of my garments for an hour of shooting, we can set up a time.  I am providing one look per model, and one model per hour.  This will help avoid confusion with my assistant.  I am going to be selective.  Models are responsible for finding their own styling and makeup look, though I am more than open to collaborating on an idea together.   ALL FILLED UP ON MODELS!  I'm leaving myself a little extra wiggle room for my La Crosse gals to have something of mine to wear.

Photographers - If you want to shoot with me, let me know!  I will not be available the first hour.  I am going to be selective.

Nov 12 12 10:06 am Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Laura Dark Photography wrote:
I'm getting requests to shoot this year.  I have a list started.  I will start replying soon.  Odette, little Alice, silversark, Ophelia, jolly rancher, Stacey...I think I'm missing someone...

YEEEESSSS

Nov 12 12 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Anarchy Arts

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Thoughts?  Thanks.

I still have a couple slots open on my dance card and I do my own wardrobe and makeup, so take a chance and let's shoot!  smile

Nov 12 12 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Anarchy Arts

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Silversark wrote:
All of my time slots are open!

Models - If you are interested in using one of my garments for an hour of shooting, we can set up a time.  I am providing one look per model, and one model per hour.  This will help avoid confusion with my assistant.  I am going to be selective.  Models are responsible for finding their own styling and makeup look, though I am more than open to collaborating on an idea together.

Photographers - If you want to shoot with me, let me know!  I will not be available the first hour.  I am going to be selective.

OMG!  Scratch what I said about my own wardrobe!  I'd burn my stuff (ok, not really bc a girl's gotta eat!) for an opportunity to wear your work!  You are AWESOME!!!

Nov 12 12 07:25 pm Link

Model

Mortified

DE MOSSVILLE, Kentucky, US

Count me in!!!

Nov 14 12 11:18 am Link

Model

Elli Fox

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Laura Dark Photography wrote:
I'm getting requests to shoot this year.  I have a list started.  I will start replying soon.  Odette, little Alice, silversark, Ophelia, jolly rancher, Stacey...I think I'm missing someone...

Are you up for working together this time?  I haven't been able to make it up to Columbus with studies...

Nov 15 12 03:25 pm Link

Model

Ellie Lane

Dayton, Ohio, US

I'm already on the tentative list, but could you add my assistant Monica W. as well? I'll be paying for both of us as soon as possible. I'll add her onto the Facebook listing too. Thanks!

Nov 16 12 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Your Photo Here

Sacramento, California, US

SENT PAYMENT TODAY! so, who wants to shoot? my schedule is posted on my profile. send me a PM!

Nov 16 12 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoSeven

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Is there a gallery of images from the last shoot?

Nov 16 12 01:54 pm Link

Model

acid_grave

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I think there was a "list" for the last shoot. smileI I know people posted pics in the 2012 thread. smile

Nov 17 12 08:47 am Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Anarchy Arts wrote:

OMG!  Scratch what I said about my own wardrobe!  I'd burn my stuff (ok, not really bc a girl's gotta eat!) for an opportunity to wear your work!  You are AWESOME!!!

Wish I could!  I'm doing very couture/crazy concept looks this time around, so I will be spending a lot of time working on them and don't have any room left for models.

Nov 17 12 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

PhotoSeven wrote:

I've asked about that in the past, but it has never really panned out.

Nov 17 12 03:15 pm Link

Model

Sarah Hauk

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Might be traveling out with a group of friends..not really looking to shoot abandonment stuff though..Anyone want to shoot at the hotel? smile

Nov 18 12 09:44 am Link

Model

umami___

Tacoma, Washington, US

PhotoSeven wrote:

A lot of the recurring guests have photos from past events here, you could always ask one of them! I know there are a few lists from 2011 and 2012 floating around here on MM as well.

Nov 18 12 11:20 am Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Sarah Hauk wrote:
Might be traveling out with a group of friends..not really looking to shoot abandonment stuff though..Anyone want to shoot at the hotel? smile

uh....?

Nov 18 12 11:54 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Sarah Hauk wrote:

I'm coming down from Michigan.  (If anyone needs a ride or roomshare, let me know.)  It just occurred to me that I don't know what hotels everyone stays at for these events.  Any suggestions?

Nov 19 12 03:31 am Link

Model

DestinyRed

Riverside, Ohio, US

I might go. Not sure yet.

Nov 19 12 04:09 am Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Alex N wrote:

I'm coming down from Michigan.  (If anyone needs a ride or roomshare, let me know.)  It just occurred to me that I don't know what hotels everyone stays at for these events.  Any suggestions?

La Quinta is not far, and the price is right without it being gross.  Plus I think there's continental breakfast, but I can't remember.

Nov 19 12 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

LittleWhiteRabbit Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

Anarchy Arts wrote:
I still have a couple slots open on my dance card and I do my own wardrobe and makeup, so take a chance and let's shoot!  smile

Thanks so much - still toying w/the idea of signing up yikes)

Nov 20 12 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

LittleWhiteRabbit Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

acid_grave wrote:

I would totally work with you. ^_^

Wow! You're like model-celebrity IMO smile

Nov 20 12 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Dark Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

Hey guys, I still haven't booked for this.  I'm attending (paid already) but not sure I want to book this far in advance.  I know everyone is excited but schedules change, people drop out, etc. so i'm waiting to book for a bit yet. I prefer to keep my ducks in a row.  OCD is a bitch.  Lol

Nov 21 12 01:48 am Link