Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Hair Extensions: Does anyone need advice or expert

Hair Stylist

Tru Commodity Image

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Looking to clear up misconceptions about different extension methods. Ask questions and I will update you on new techniques. If you are looking for an expert, I am available in the following areas: Atl, Milwaukee (WI), LA (West Hollywood).. I'm the best.

Sep 23 12 03:48 pm Link

Model

Loretha Johnson

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Hi, I've recently stopped relaxing and decided to go for a natural look, is it okay to start wearing extentions.

Sep 26 12 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Bethany Souza

Pensacola, Florida, US

I would like to know the best shampoo and conditioner to use on human hair extensions.

Sep 26 12 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

TMA Photo and Training

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

Ive got some expensive 21 inch remi double drawn straight blond extensions that seem like maybe they might have removed the cuticle on...im saying that because... they get tangled up at the least provocation.  Is there some product I could apply so they would stay straight and stay separated from eachother so they would not tangle up so fast and hard. 

Thanks

Sep 26 12 02:36 pm Link

Model

shibaswindler

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom

I'm interested in getting a weave. But does this hurt/tug? And will this cause my hair to thin or create bald patches?

Thanks smile x

Sep 26 12 02:39 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Graves

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

I see that the OP hasn't had time to reply to these questions. . .

As far as the weave goes, yes a braid in traditional weave will pull and tug at your natural hair because those braids need to be very tight to secure all of that sewing to.  If the process is repeated with the same partings over and over again it can result in a traumatic hair loss to those follicles.

And for the blonde hair extensions post, please contact me directly so I can make sure I'm giving you the right advice for the right product smile

Angel
RingMaster TOCSS

Sep 29 12 10:02 am Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Graves

To the post about shampoo for hair extensions. . .

I would first have to know what type of hair you yourself have wink  Dandruff, Oily, Dry, etc.  If you've got a dandruff issue and use OTC products to control it, it can wreak havoc on extensions and so on.  Please feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss what you're using and what issues you want to correct smile

Angel
RingMaster TOCSS

Sep 29 12 10:09 am Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Graves

Loretha,

As for your hair situation, it's better understood if I knew what type of extensions you were thinking of using?  I recommend that if you've decided to completely stop relaxing that you think of some clip in/removable type of extensions for the days you care to wear them.  If you have been relaxing long you know how important it is to not overlap the relaxer on top of hair that is already relaxed because it makes it mor ethan a little fragile and will result in breakage, so is true with stopping relaxing and allowing it to grow out.  Where the natural curl in your hair meets the relaxed straight part is a breakage zone that will eventually snap, adding and bonded extensions (fusions) or braiding for a weave will only expedite that process.  Nedjetti is definitely my go to for natural hair styling and you could certainly google search her and get her expert advice for your own personal situation.  Unfortunately the hair expert I know nearest to you is in Ontario sad

Angel
RingMaster TOCSS

Sep 29 12 10:16 am Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Graves

Tru Commodity Image wrote:
Looking to clear up misconceptions about different extension methods. Ask questions and I will update you on new techniques. If you are looking for an expert, I am available in the following areas: Atl, Milwaukee (WI), LA (West Hollywood).. I'm the best.

I'm wondering, what was your point to starting this thread and then abandoning it?  There always seems to be a new person coming to the boards crowing about being the best and then disappearing in time. . .

Sep 29 12 10:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I'm pretty sure the OP just came to give herself a plug....   I had extensions, EXPENSIVE AND GOOD ONES! put in by the best in the business..... it took me over  a year to grow my hair back.   I've seen this with a lot of people I know. Extensions did ruin my hair and I've seen weaves make people bald in spots.... My suggestion would be not to ever do this...use temporary ones.  You may be one of those people who see no effect but I personally wouldn't take that chance

Sep 30 12 09:19 pm Link