Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Needing an alternative perspective: email

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Suppose someone places a casting call that you're interested in ... or you place a casting call that someone else is interested in.  In either case, you send them a message.  They send you one back that says "send me a message here ________________ (their email address)".

WTF?  If they took the time to reply to you here on MM, why does one need to reply to their email address? 

Any clues?

Oct 09 12 02:43 pm Link

Model

immateria

Brooklyn, New York, US

Because MM can be unreliable sometimes, and email can have a more convenient sorting system.

Oct 09 12 03:02 pm Link

Model

Miss AY

Bulqizë, Bulqizë, Albania

immateria wrote:
Because MM can be unreliable sometimes, and email can have a more convenient sorting system.

this!

And if I'm super busy/on the go, answering emails from my phone is much easier than trying to answer an MM message.

Oct 09 12 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:
Suppose someone places a casting call that you're interested in ... or you place a casting call that someone else is interested in.  In either case, you send them a message.  They send you one back that says "send me a message here ________________ (their email address)".

WTF?  If they took the time to reply to you here on MM, why does one need to reply to their email address? 

Any clues?

Well,... when I am posting casting calls, I usually need to have them to email me the stats and photos so that I can forward them to the designer/client in order to make a decision who to take.

A llama that can't take such a simple direction, is most likely to flake for the shoot or show.

Oct 09 12 03:04 pm Link

Model

LeeLa

Portland, Oregon, US

Augustine York wrote:

this!

And if I'm super busy/on the go, answering emails from my phone is much easier than trying to answer an MM message.

Definitely this!

Oct 09 12 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

A M Johnson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MM is incredibly unreliable. All my final stuff is done via email and phone, not MM.

Oct 09 12 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Augustine York wrote:

this!

This

Oct 09 12 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

Any clues?

I'd bet they're being either orderly or personable. I'd look at it as an indication that the communication is valuable to them in some (probably small) way.

Oct 09 12 03:40 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

Any clues?

't was jacked up all day, I couldn't send a single message nor reply to message sent to me all day.
There goes my time sensitive project. :l

Oct 09 12 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

A M Johnson wrote:
MM is incredibly unreliable. All my final stuff is done via email and phone, not MM.

While I appreciate everyone's comments on the thread .. 2 things come to mind.  First ... I understand doing final things via email and/or phone, but in this case, it's initial things.  Second ... why wouldn't a person reply to my message with whatever they were going to say and then say "email your reply to me here" instead of just saying "email me"?

What should that email say?  Umm .. hi ... umm ... what do you want to know?  The last time someone asked me to email them, I did.  I didn't hear anything else from them.

Either way ... I'll email them (since I do most of my MM and email via phone).  If there's any funny business, I'll let you all know.

Oct 09 12 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

As expected, I sent the email ... no response.  Oh well ... next!

Oct 11 12 06:24 pm Link