Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > How to make a superb skin texture?

Retoucher

Quality Retouching

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi All!

I do my jobs mostly with imagenomic portraiture after the retouching, but the results are not he best, mostly blurry images without the SKIN TEXTURE. I am wondering, high end retouchers how to CREATE SKIN TEXTURE, bacause the original image do not has the texture. Are they applying the skin texure form other photos, or is there a superb plugin for that, or what?

So the question: HOW TO MAKE THIS SKIN TEXTURE?

Please mayhemers, help!

(#2658824)

https://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2443/portopostmm.jpg

(#2332709) Or this one! Superb, but how to do it??????

https://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5912/30f316315bed.jpg

Oct 27 12 02:42 am Link

Photographer

xbe photographer

Kaišiadorys, Kauno, Lithuania

go to Digital Art and Retouching for this question

Oct 27 12 02:55 am Link

Retoucher

KR-Retouch

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Most people get that defined look by using the D&S method. (Dust and scratches).

Nov 09 12 03:38 am Link

Photographer

LMG Images

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Are there any online tutorials for that?  I am trying to build my skin retouching skills.

I bought Natallia's lesson.  I want to be able to do it quicker.  I suck at db skin.

Nov 12 12 01:34 pm Link

Retoucher

Retouch007

East Newark, New Jersey, US

LMG Images wrote:
Are there any online tutorials for that?  I am trying to build my skin retouching skills.

I bought Natallia's lesson.  I want to be able to do it quicker.  I suck at db skin.

If you have natalia's dvd there are some things there she teaches that might help you being that you want quick but the regular way is for professionals and professional results and it takes a couple of hours. Keep in mind a little good retouching is better that a lot of bad.

Also, with skin texture you work with what is there you don't really create anything (sometimes you might borrow some texture if the area has no information).  Take a look at your images and compare with images from top magazines if that is what you are shooting for.

Nov 12 12 01:38 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Quality Retouching wrote:
I do my jobs mostly with imagenomic portraiture after the retouching, but the results are not he best, mostly blurry images without the SKIN TEXTURE.

It sounds to me like you haven't learned how to use Portraiture. It might help if you linked to an original image and also your Portraiture retouched image that has lost all skin texture.

Nov 12 12 04:34 pm Link