Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Young and single Moms

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Children having children is never a good idea.

Nov 12 12 06:28 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What Fun Productions wrote:

Many types of people having children isn't a good idea.

Nov 12 12 06:37 pm Link

Nov 12 12 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Connor Photography wrote:
Many of them have razor cut scars all over their arms and legs.

Where are all these sexy ladies?

Nov 12 12 06:44 pm Link

Model

Anne_C

Bellingham, Washington, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

Many types of people having children isn't a good idea.

+1000

Nov 12 12 06:48 pm Link

Model

Anne_C

Bellingham, Washington, US

bgcfoto wrote:

Where are all these sexy ladies?

Here!

Nov 12 12 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Maybe these moms went to a school who had to teach abstinence as the only form of birth control?

Maybe teens' hormones always override the brain?

Maybe having sex & getting pregnant is a great way to demonstrate that the teen mom is no longer a child?

Maybe all her friends are doing it?

Maybe Bobby Quarterback is so dreamy?

Maybe she believed that the extreme right politicians who want to outlaw abortion will take care of her & the kid?

Maybe that's what her mother did?

Maybe she didn't know that she could get pregnant from a toilet seat?

Maybe she didn't pay attention in class, because all this health talk is so gross, and school is for losers?

Geez, what are the odds?

Who knows?

Nov 12 12 06:54 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Recently I have encountered lot of teen single mother, why did they bring the child into this world while they are not capable of raising them.  Many of them have razor cut scars all over their arms and legs.

Waitwaitwait... THE BABIES HAVE RAZOR CUT SCARS?!? CALL CPS! THESE BABIES IS BEIN' ABUSED! OMG!!!

On a more serous note,
Way to generalize, dude.   

Birth control is readily available for everyone, why didn't they seek this option.

How do you know they didn't? Most methods of contraception are not perfect. The only one that is, is not having sex.

Let's all start threads about moralizing and lecturizing and saving the world from single moms and the babies with razor cuts on their little arms and legs.

well hell just froze over as i agree with orca bay,

but seriously dude? you cant be serious.

yes its Sometimes upsetting, and none of your business.

Nov 12 12 06:55 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

true, and you can be an adult at 17 and a child at 30.

but while it may not be a good idea again, its no one elses business.

Nov 12 12 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Presley ONeil wrote:

true, and you can be an adult at 17 and a child at 30.

but while it may not be a good idea again, its no one elses business.

BS. It's society's business.

Nov 12 12 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Carlos Occidental wrote:
License to reproduce. 

You already need a license to do business or drive a car.  But any asshole can make as many babies as they like, for the rest of us to support over time.  Lovely. 

Intese screenings of psychological and financial well being should be done before the license is issued.

People may obviously have as much sex as they like.  They should'nt be allowed to reproduce indiscriminately.

I've been saying this for years. I'd like to add a stipulation as well. If you have lets say one child and you seek government help like welfare or whatever. Any child born after you apply for benefits is NOT covered, ever.

Nov 12 12 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Recently I have encountered lot of teen single mother, why did they bring the child into this world while they are not capable of raising them.  Many of them have razor cut scars all over their arms and legs.   

Birth control is readily available for everyone, why didn't they seek this option.  I understand that many told me that how much they love their kid.  The kid changed their love.   Will they still love their kid when they become a teenager and no longer as cute as when they are 2 and 3 yrs old.  Will they have sufficient means to put them thru school and college?  The cycle continues. 

It is troublesome when so many children growing up in a dysfunctional family.  We, as a whole, will pay for it one way or another.  What should we do?  sad

I don't think I've ever read so many stereotypes, assumptions and inflammatory statements in one short original post before!  Are you a troll?  Maybe you are a butt hurt conservative who is mad because the last two Democrat Presidents were raised by single moms ... and they still turned out alright?

Nov 12 12 07:02 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

Anne_C wrote:
Um...  Wow.  I'm not even sure where to start on this one.  I don't consider myself a person who is easily offended, but...  I'm kinda offended.

I was a young mother (I am now 28), unwed, with razor scars all over my arms -- troubled childhood, what can I say.  I quit the habit many years ago, before my kids were born.  Yes, my first child was an "accident" (missed taking a birth control pill).  Best accident ever to happen to me.

I am an awesome mom.  I now have two beautiful, perfect, polite, kind, incredibly smart and well-adjusted little boys who tell me every day that I am the "best mama in the whole world."  I love them more than anything.

Yes, as a young unwed mother it was sometimes a struggle, both emotionally and financially - but since when is parenthood ever NOT a struggle?

Your stereotypes suck.

From one single mom to another thank you for this wink

Nov 12 12 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Anne_C wrote:

Here!

Apparently.

Nov 12 12 07:04 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:

I've been saying this for years. I'd like to add a stipulation as well. If you have lets say one child and you seek government help like welfare or whatever. Any child born after you apply for benefits is NOT covered, ever.

ive been wishing for that stipulation for years-.-

Nov 12 12 07:07 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Yeah, let that precious little bastard starve to death, that will teach their whoring mother a lesson.

Some of you people are ridiculous.

Nov 12 12 07:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Presley ONeil wrote:

ive been wishing for that stipulation for years-.-

Maybe you should make it out of your teens first. For years? So at 12 you were concerned about teen mothers who collect welfare?

*sigh*

Nov 12 12 07:10 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

T wrote:

Maybe you should make it out of your teens first. For years? So at 12 you were concerned about teen mothers who collect welfare?

*sigh*

yeah. Again an age judgement from someone who didnt know me when i was twelve(-:

its okay, I don't mind.

Nov 12 12 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

JLC Images

Phillipsburg, New Jersey, US

JessieLeigh wrote:
I blame MTV. Glamorizing teenage pregnancy and paying teenage moms to make tv shows so MTV casn make more money.

(Only partially joking)

Actually teen pregnancy is down since the show started.  Lots of sources say the show has a positive impact against teens getting pregnant.

Nov 12 12 07:18 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

T wrote:

Yeah, let that precious little bastard starve to death, that will teach their whoring mother a lesson.

& no if you put a kid on welfare you should get some form of birth control(IMO, not the pill) and if you get pregnant anyway, then sorry thats on you.

I know ive mentioned my moms neighbor before, the one whose whole familys being fed by the government, shes about to have her third any day now. Third, planned.

Nov 12 12 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

rmcapturing

San Francisco, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:
In Russia they have 'baby boxes'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ8LFtY … ure=fvwrel

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl … s/1672173/

I wouldn't mind getting into a Russian woman's baby box. Obviously, I did not read the linked material.

Nov 12 12 07:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Presley ONeil wrote:

& no if you put a kid on welfare you should get some form of birth control(IMO, not the pill) and if you get pregnant anyway, then sorry thats on you.

Yeah, let the little bastard starve!! Who cares, it's just a baby.

Nov 12 12 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

T wrote:

LaT, I think that's a bit harsh.

Nov 12 12 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

JLC Images

Phillipsburg, New Jersey, US

T wrote:

I'm sure that isn't what she meant.  I like the idea of someone her age being involved in the discussion.  I usually find it more productive to help educate without making the other person feel stupid.

Nov 12 12 07:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

LaT, I think that's a bit harsh.

I'm only repeating what they are suggesting. That's what they are saying, whether I call the kid a baby or bastard...doesn't matter. These people are suggesting allowing children to starve to death to punish a teenage mother. That's HARSH!

Nov 12 12 07:30 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

T wrote:

no, let the mom learn how to figure shit out on her own.

thats called Taking responsibility, for Your actions.

but i suppose values are lost. oh well.

Nov 12 12 07:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

JLC Images wrote:

I'm sure that isn't what she meant.  I like the idea of someone her age being involved in the discussion.  I usually find it more productive to help educate without making the other person feel stupid.

It's what she said...I have no control over how "stupid" she feels about abandoning innocent babies.

Nov 12 12 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

T wrote:

You obviously don't see the reality. The children starve anyway while the tax payers money goes to by the mother fancy new designer clothes, tattoos, cigarettes, etc. They know they'll get a bigger paycheck with every child they have so they keep having children. Fuck that, go get a job.

Presley ONeil wrote:

Exactly

You have to prove you're a worthy parent and can provide for a child before adopting one so why not put the same restraints on people before they have a child of their own?

Nov 12 12 07:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Presley ONeil wrote:

Yeah, mom will learn her lesson....mean while the baby starves. Suppose humanity is lost.

Nov 12 12 07:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

You obviously don't see the reality. The children starve anyway while the tax payers money goes to by the mother fancy new designer clothes, tattoos, cigarettes, etc. They know they'll get a bigger paycheck with every child they have so they keep having children. Fuck that, go get a job.

You watch too much bullshit on FOX. I've worked with needy families for many years and you are uninformed of the majority of  people who need assistance. Feed that shit to someone who's ignorant of this subject....I am not.

Nov 12 12 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

T wrote:

You watch too much bullshit on FOX. I've worked with needy families for many years and you are uninformed of the majority of  people who need assistance. Feed that shit to someone who's ignorant of this subject....I am not.

I just call it the way I see it. I'm talking about every day on the street and in the stores, not on TV. I'm not saying there aren't families in need but I'm saying if you are in fact receiving help you should NOT be allowed to have additional children while doing so.

Nov 12 12 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

The problem is NOT always on the single moms.  It takes a dick to get her pregnant, and many of these fathers leave, don't pay child support, go to prison, or even get killed.  There are many reasons why the father might not be there!   I don't want to be an ass and make assumptions as to why the fathers aren't there anymore than I would want to be an ass and pin the blame on the mom like the op did!

Nov 12 12 07:40 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

T wrote:

Majority* we were talking about a type of family. the specific type of family that i know very well& he just described, perfectly. If the checks stopped coming in, they could easily sell that playstation, xbox, tv, stereo..

or get a job!!!

Nov 12 12 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
The problem is NOT always on the single moms.  It takes a dick to get her pregnant, and many of these fathers leave, don't pay child support, go to prison, or even get killed.  There are many reasons why the father might not be there!   I don't want to be an ass and make assumptions as to why the fathers aren't there anymore than I would want to be an ass and pin the blame on the mom like the op did!

Agreed. It takes two and the father should own up as well. I'm calling it as a family deal not just moms in general.

Nov 12 12 07:44 pm Link

Model

Kaley King

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

twoharts wrote:
if society can't deal with teen mothers, maybe all girls should be forced to have an IUD until they are 18. they can have all the sex they want, but they won't get pregnant (for the most part).

but i think an easier solution is to offer easy access to free birth control. i don't think that's the case today.

Forced birth control?  Iuds aren't good unless a female has already had a baby or it can lead to scarring in the uterus.

Nov 12 12 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Presley ONeil wrote:
Majority* we were talking about a type of family. the specific type of family that i know very well& he just described, perfectly. If the checks stopped coming in, they could easily sell that playstation, xbox, tv, stereo..

or get a job!!!

Yes, he could!  He could pay child support if he has a job.  These babies don't just happen with the mom ... there is a man in the picture some where at sometime.  But like I said, single moms are usually single because the man bailed on her and his child.  Many don't have the money, or don't want to pay the child support.  I'm not saying all fatherless children are in that situation.  Sometimes the father was killed in war.  Sometimes he ended up in jail.  There are a lot of reasons why children are being raised by single momes.

Nov 12 12 07:46 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

it does take two, but in the case of the teenagers& blame, i very much blame the girls parents. Why? obvious reasons.. raise your kids right, there would be less problems.

and while walking away is an obnoxious assholeish thing to do, its real easy to do when you're 17. and i like to think most deadbeats regret it most of their life. good.

Nov 12 12 07:48 pm Link

Model

Little Queenie

Indio, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Exactly!

We put so much pressure on teenage mothers to be responsible for their children, but what about dad?

Nov 12 12 07:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Presley ONeil wrote:

does take two, but in the case of the teenagers& blame, i very much blame the girls parents. Why? obvious reasons.. raise your kids right, there would be less problems.

and while walking away is an obnoxious assholeish thing to do, its real easy to do when you're 17. and i like to think most deadbeats regret it most of their life. good.

Yeah a lot teenage girls think their smart and are actually dumb as hell.

Nov 12 12 07:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Presley ONeil wrote:

or get a job!!!

Um, many people who receive assistance HAVE jobs. So you want to pick and choose which family is entitled to help and which babies should be thrown in the fire?  Many people have worked and ran into financial difficulties; divorce, death in family, illness in family, recession. Many military families are very poor....do we say fuck you to their babies too? I mean, it's my tax dollars and all.

Nov 12 12 07:52 pm Link