Forums > Photography Talk > Looking for photographer/website - need help.

Photographer

david durkee

Long Beach, California, US

After two days of attempting to trick SEO programmers while using Google to give me the results I need, I'm finally asking the people who probably already know (dumb, I should have come here first).  I'm not a frequent visitor as I don't usually do glam work.

I'm looking for a photographer's site who has shot for years for Esquire.  He has a personal glamour site that features young women from New York, mostly non models.  The lighting is all natural, soft and flattering and most work seems to be shot in his large and nice apartment.  Most shots use a very shallow depth of field.  Some models shoot.clothed/nude, others clothed only.  I saw the site once and was amazed.  I saw the site probably seven or eight months ago and he had probably 30-40 women in profiles.  It has "girls" somewhere in the URL if I remember right...  Now I can't remember it and am tired of getting Google to cough up something other than an article on Mila Kunis in Esquire.

Any ideas?  Any help will cause me to regain faith in the internet and owe you some Karma points.

Nov 13 12 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

Look at mm# 555 and see if that helps?

Nov 13 12 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

david durkee

terrysphotocountry wrote:
Look at mm# 555 and see if that helps?

Not even close.  This is top grade professional portraiture along the lines of Annie Leibovitz but more leaning toward erotic.  It's all of women in an apartment, all using soft, airy natural light.  He doses not do static glamour poses in front of a backdrop.  All are shot in New York City (don't know what borough).

Nov 13 12 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kane

London, England, United Kingdom

http://8.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/ … raphic.gif

Best guess I could come up with using the info you provided was Jeanloup Sieff but I doubt it's right hmm

Nov 13 12 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Purnell

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Try MM# 456922

I tried to help you out and coming up with blanks as well.

Nov 13 12 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Wilde One

Santa Monica, California, US

Do your search in Google Images. You can scan the images results for one to recognize.

Nov 13 12 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

david durkee

Thanks to all who responded.  I guess I remember it being much better than it was, as I found it today.  It took rooting though a hundred or so link sites.  His early work was much nicer than it is now and he mostly doesn't use pro models (although his current work for Esquire does - check out the "celeb" section.)  The work I was enamored with was in about mid-2011 and before, the newer stuff has degraded a lot due to his attempting to catch the instagram wave (die Instagram DIE!!!) so many of the ones with natural color have been bunged up.  Mostly natural light except for the newer stuff which is crap compared to the previous IMHO.  Hit the archives for the better stuff.  Nudes are blocked without a subscription.

Anyway, www.meinmyplace.com

Nov 13 12 11:40 pm Link