Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > you'd think at least the shrink was on time

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I was expecting folks in this profession to be reliable but this is the fourth appointment I'm coming to and had to wait 20 min or longer. That pushes the rest of my day answermachine fucks it all up.
I'd tell her but I'm not good with confrontation...

Nov 14 12 12:00 pm Link

Model

Sarah Robinson-Bird

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom

Assuming you're paying her (either direct or through insurance) this is a very poor level of service you're getting!

Nov 14 12 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

"Hey, it just occurred to me - is your being late to our appointment your passive-aggressive method of trying to get me to be more assertive?"

Nov 14 12 12:09 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Middle Island, New York, US

I deal with the same shit. Its obnoxious beyond belief. I finally asserted myself and said............ hey ................. ummmmmm........ when I was holding therapy...... it was important for me to start therapy for those girls to let them know they could trust me............ I was there every week , every day, at the same time........ no matter what.......... we met at the same place........ it never changed....... there is a reason for that....... its called consistency. You want to let someone know that you are there for them, will be, its a constant. None of this wishy washy crap. It's like a sign of disrespect almost. You are putting your trust in that person to show up for you. Not be late. Tell them how you feel. See if it changes anything. See where the respect lies. Some people take things more serious than others.

Nov 14 12 12:34 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Caradoc wrote:
"Hey, it just occurred to me - is your being late to our appointment your passive-aggressive method of trying to get me to be more assertive?"

I love this.

But I made up my mind. I'm gonna upgrade. She's not really in touch with my generation so much anyways (she's 65!).

Ugh.

Thanks for chipping in here though.

Nov 14 12 04:56 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Middle Island, New York, US

Eurocat wrote:
I love this.

But I made up my mind. I'm gonna upgrade. She's not really in touch with my generation so much anyways (she's 65!).

Ugh.

Thanks for chipping in here though.

Its important to feel that your needs are met. Verbalizing why you left to her would be helpful for you to empower yourself and may teach her something.

Nov 14 12 05:05 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Gabrielle Heather wrote:
Its important to feel that your needs are met. Verbalizing why you left to her would be helpful for you to empower yourself and may teach her something.

I hear you. I did that with my first guy, who was never able to answer the phone or even return a call before the week was over. Sometimes I couldn't get ahold of anyone to even make an appointment. Then his secretary lied to me (which he told me, in all honesty. I was surprised.) . I broke up with him gently, and he thanked me and told me that he'd take these issues seriously and that it will help him be a better dude to the next patient.

I think secretly he was happy to be rid of me. I was a trainwreck.

Nov 14 12 05:45 pm Link