Makeup Artist

Zizi Camarda

Sarajevo, Federacija Bosna i Hercegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a powder/dust that gives an extreme glow to the skin
(for photo shoots). It should be for face and body.

Does anyone have any recommendation?

Nov 26 12 08:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tara Pagliara MUA

New York, New York, US

Zizi Camarda wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a powder/dust that gives an extreme glow to the skin
(for photo shoots). It should be for face and body.

Does anyone have any recommendation?

To get a extreme glow for skin it starts with the priming and prepping of the skin. Using illuminators under or mixed in with the foundation on highlight areas. Brow bone, cupids bow, cheekbones, collarbone. Try Glamcore Glow or M.A.C. Strobe Cream.

Nov 26 12 10:05 am Link

Makeup Artist

Zizi Camarda

Sarajevo, Federacija Bosna i Hercegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks Tara! I have all I need to achieve the glow in the face but need something easy to use for the body. And I know that there is a kind of pigment that would do the job just don´t know where to buy it :-)

Nov 26 12 10:09 am Link

Model

Affinity Finch

Torpoint, England, United Kingdom

I use light reflecting mosituriser which works nicely, I don't know about powders though. hmm Sorry.

Nov 26 12 10:14 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Washington, District of Columbia, US

MAC strobe cream is amazing

Nov 26 12 11:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Tara Pags wrote:

To get a extreme glow for skin it starts with the priming and prepping of the skin. Using illuminators under or mixed in with the foundation on highlight areas. Brow bone, cupids bow, cheekbones, collarbone. Try Glamcore Glow or M.A.C. Strobe Cream.

Absolutely agree. For additional "shimmer" on the body, Sally Hansen's spray on leg stuff is great. It doesn't transfer and comes off easily, applies super fast. Just spray and rub that stuff in quick. If that's not what you're looking for, a body lotion like the Burt's Bees Radiance with Strobe layered over the top may do it.

Nov 26 12 12:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aaliyah Oke

London, England, United Kingdom

I use the"indulgent toffee shimmer body oil" by N-spa. It's a dry oil so it doesn't feel sticky or greasy so you should moisturise first then use this oil. It smells delicious too ! My foundations are water based so this doesn't work well on the face, under or over make up. I would recommend this oil, it gives the skin a glow without looking sparkly or shimmery.

Nov 26 12 12:11 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Katie grace bouchard

Providence, Rhode Island, US

If you're looking to go extreme I would check out more theatrical based makeup lines, a lot of them carry pigments. Then choose one that suits your needs (a opal/pearl piment, copper pigment, vanilla pigment ect.) Mufe has some intense pigments as well. Then just use a large fluffy brush to apply it to the body. Though this might depend on what the model is wearing because I'm sure it would be messy and transfer onto clothing.

Nov 26 12 01:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dianna Quagenti

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I think I know what you mean... I use MAC Iridescent Loose Powder for this. I carry both the lighter shade (Silver Dusk) and the deeper shade (Golden Bronze). Since its loose you can also easily mix them together for custom shades, mix in pigments in, etc. I use them on the body dry and/or mixed into body lotion/foundation etc.  They are also gorgeous on the face. HTH !

Nov 26 12 04:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Maria Vittoria B

One of my favorite products for highlights is MAC Pigment in Vanilla, it's incredibly versatile.
I would start with mixing a liquid highlighter with body lotion or oil for a base, and then dust the pigment on the areas that you want to emphasize (collarbone, etc.).
It gives the most beautiful glow!

Nov 26 12 04:13 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Stephanie skoczynski

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I use cheap shine spray meant for hair...then dob it off a bit...it makes for a perfect glow in pics and video..

Nov 27 12 05:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Simire MUA

Dianna Quagenti wrote:
I think I know what you mean... I use MAC Iridescent Loose Powder for this. I carry both the lighter shade (Silver Dusk) and the deeper shade (Golden Bronze). Since its loose you can also easily mix them together for custom shades, mix in pigments in, etc. I use them on the body dry and/or mixed into body lotion/foundation etc.  They are also gorgeous on the face. HTH !

I second the silver dusk and golden bronze powder by mac. I made the mistake of using my heavy hand to bop this onto cheeks for highlighter (directly) and ended up with unsightly and thick slivers of shiny glaze. I find it is definately better to mix with either moisturiser or foundation and apply onto highlighting zones.

Nov 28 12 11:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

Dianna Quagenti wrote:

This worked great when doing some test  concept shots recently. I used an inexpensive pigment from Ruby Kisses ( one silver one gold) and mixed it with lotion and a touch of oil. This went on the legs only and it was cool.

Thanks

smile

Cyn

Dec 30 12 01:49 am Link

Model

Anna T

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Illuminator works great for the skin! I personally use highlighting paper from Mai Couture - does the job great! (comes as 25 little sheets)

As for the body, if you want that dewy look, i use body oil from Neutrogena - smells great !

aand for the hair - really any type of hair*oil that you can run through it will make it a bit shinier and will tame frizz!

best of luck on finding a great product and hope this helps, Anna smile

Dec 30 12 10:21 am Link