Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Job Interview on Monday!!!

Model

DarcieK

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

After a month of testing, etc, I have finally been called in for an interveiw at a different company on Monday -- it is at 8 am! The man interviewing me says I'm brave for requesting that time (I work at 9:30 so I would have to do it early.)

Wish me luck! This job will be a great opportunity, even if it is only a temp position, cause it is with a governmental insurance company smile

Wish me luck!

Nov 29 12 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

get up extra early and go get em, good luck

Nov 29 12 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

My nephew is in your town.  He is in training for the RCMP.

Good Luck!!

Nov 29 12 02:21 pm Link

Model

DarcieK

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
My nephew is in your town.  He is in training for the RCMP.

Good Luck!!

Thanks!

And good luck to him! Training for the RCMP is tough. I wish him the best.

Nov 29 12 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

:crossesthings:

Nov 29 12 02:29 pm Link

Model

Solacium

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Luck luck luck!!!!!!

I prefer early interviews (and tests) so I don't have time to get anxious or over think anything.

Nov 29 12 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

I was laid off the second week of August in 2011.  I also have an interview on Monday, though mine is at 11.  I hope we both do well.

Nov 29 12 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Don A Long

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Good Luck

Dazzle them with your brilliance... and if that doesn't work... Cleavage,cleavage,cleavage

Nov 29 12 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

good luck big_smile

Nov 29 12 05:34 pm Link

Model

DarcieK

Don A Long wrote:
Good Luck

Dazzle them with your brilliance... and if that doesn't work... Cleavage,cleavage,cleavage

lol

Nov 30 12 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good luck Darcie. I suspect you are going to dazzle them and get a great new job!

Nov 30 12 08:29 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Good luck!!

Nov 30 12 08:37 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

LUCK!!

Nov 30 12 09:27 am Link

Model

DarcieK

Thanks everyone!

The only thing I am really nervous about is that this company does a "situational" interview process, meaning they ask you if you've been in such and such a situation, how you handled said situation, and what the outcome of your actions were.

Nov 30 12 09:47 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

DarcieK wrote:
Thanks everyone!

The only thing I am really nervous about is that this company does a "situational" interview process, meaning they ask you if you've been in such and such a situation, how you handled said situation, and what the outcome of your actions were.

If that's the case, I'll give you a bit of advice, which you can take or not.  Most people don't realize they're allowed to actually think before they speak in a situational interview (or a lot of other times).  By that, I mean...a question is posed to you, you can formulate your thoughts before you actually answer it.  Analyze the question.  Don't OVERthink it, but certainly think about your answer before you speak.  A lot of people think they have to have the "right answer" instantly.  Sometimes, there IS no right answer, and most of the time, it's not an instant one.

Nov 30 12 09:55 am Link

Model

DarcieK

DivaEroticus wrote:

If that's the case, I'll give you a bit of advice, which you can take or not.  Most people don't realize they're allowed to actually think before they speak in a situational interview (or a lot of other times).  By that, I mean...a question is posed to you, you can formulate your thoughts before you actually answer it.  Analyze the question.  Don't OVERthink it, but certainly think about your answer before you speak.  A lot of people think they have to have the "right answer" instantly.  Sometimes, there IS no right answer, and most of the time, it's not an instant one.

Thanks.

They actually say the same thing on the interview tips on their site, and also what my boyfriend told me. I'm glad cause sometimes I gotta think a little bit for those ones haha.

Nov 30 12 10:09 am Link