Forums > Model Colloquy > What does your portfolio say about you???

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

When someone looks at your portfolio what is it that it should be saying to them?

Dec 03 12 02:38 pm Link

Model

Jane Smithly

Crowley, Texas, US

markEdwardPhoto wrote:
When someone looks at your portfolio what is it that it should be saying to them?

It should state that I strive to be a role model for body acceptance and fun. Does it?

Dec 03 12 02:41 pm Link

Model

Melodye Joy

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

markEdwardPhoto wrote:

That you can judge me by size, shape & flaws, but I do encourage you to tread a bit further...you may be surprised smile

Dec 03 12 03:30 pm Link

Model

Avonelle

Toledo, Ohio, US

I'm not sure what mine SHOULD say... I'd like it to say something like: I love magical, ethereal quirky ideas, and I adore helping bring others' visions to life and making the world a more beautiful place.

What does it actually say? I like being naked. ^_^

Dec 03 12 03:47 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would hope that it shows my versatility in posing and expressions. That and I like llamaing naked haha big_smile

Dec 03 12 03:54 pm Link

Model

Sabine Luise

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Opps, I thought the thread said something else. Sorry... comment deleted.

Dec 03 12 06:17 pm Link

Model

Roxy Vandiver

Houston, Texas, US

That I'm a total chameleon who can pull off many different styles and looks.

Oh, and that I have awesome tits.

Dec 03 12 08:24 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

I think it should say that you're talented, versatile, represent their brand and/or can pull off what they are looking to shoot.

Dec 03 12 08:31 pm Link

Model

Alixx Rose

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Roxy Vandiver wrote:
That I'm a total chameleon who can pull off many different styles and looks.

Oh, and that I have awesome tits.

this 100x

Dec 06 12 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

What does your portfolio say about you?

Four things...

1.  How many fantastic models I've been fortunate enough to work with.
2.  How amazing of a photographer I am.
3.  What a great studio setup.
4.  How much fun can be had by attending a Select Models event... as a majority of my images were taken at SM shoots... borat

Dec 06 12 07:57 am Link

Photographer

Hero Foto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Melodye Joy wrote:
That you can judge me by size, shape & flaws, but I do encourage you to tread a bit further...you may be surprised smile

+1000 AWESOMENESS

Dec 06 12 07:58 am Link

Photographer

Vector One Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

When I look at a model's portfolio I look to see first if she is photogenic, then if she is capable of multiple looks and expressions, then if she knows how to work her body, and I also evaluate the choices she makes of what shots she includes in her book.  If she picks photos that aren't done well or don't show her in her best light then I know she has no artistic ability or taste.  If she picks photos that don't show her in her best light then I know she doesn't understand the industry. Just because she like the shot does not mean it belongs in her book.

It's more than just the pictures.

Dec 06 12 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Neil Snape

Paris, Île-de-France, France

It should say, or could say, did you have anyone photographed leave a lasting ( counting seconds) impression on you?  If so then good, if not, /I didn't make it.

Dec 06 12 08:19 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I shoot a pretty wide variety of styles, for a wide variety of clients, and applications  .  .  .  so, it either says this guy does a lot of styles  .  .  .  OR, it says this guy has a serious problem, and kain't concentrate  .  .  .  he probably eats WAY to much peanut butter  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Dec 06 12 08:34 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Avonelle wrote:
I'm not sure what mine SHOULD say... I'd like it to say something like: I love magical, ethereal quirky ideas, and I adore helping bring others' visions to life and making the world a more beautiful place.

What does it actually say? I like being naked. ^_^

The first part was well thought out, erudite, creative  .  .  .  BUT, the second part was fun too  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Dec 06 12 08:36 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

NicoleNudes wrote:
I would hope that it shows my versatility in posing and expressions. That and I like llamaing naked haha big_smile

Did you "cheat" off the response above you  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Dec 06 12 08:37 am Link

Model

Melodye Joy

Hero Foto wrote:

+1000 AWESOMENESS

Thanks smile

Dec 06 12 08:38 am Link

Photographer

LittleWhiteRabbit Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

Neil Snape wrote:
It should say, or could say, did you have anyone photographed leave a lasting ( counting seconds) impression on you?  If so then good, if not, /I didn't make it.

True and it's very rare among all the eye candy - you and TH Taylor have a few images that have really stuck in my mind as 'iconic' and memorable...

Dec 06 12 08:46 am Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

That I am fun, love being naked, and like lingerie.....oh and thongs wink

Seriously though, it should be saying that I am the right one for the job smile

Dec 06 12 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

markEdwardPhoto wrote:

Hire me....

Dec 06 12 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Portfolios can serve different purposes.  For some it's to showcase their work, for others, it may be to attract people to work with them.   Those two things are not necessarily the same.  Images that get comments from photographers, may not be the images that encourage models to work with me.

Dec 06 12 08:56 am Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Hopefully it says "Book me, I'm reliable, skilled and low key"

Dec 06 12 09:51 am Link

Model

_eMMe_

Florence, Toscana, Italy

Hope it says that I have many skill, that I'm expressive and that I'm attractive with all my defects, better, thanks to my defects.
So work with me.

Dec 06 12 09:59 am Link

Model

Lola Magdalene Scott

Lexington, Kentucky, US

I wanted mine to say i'm a fun person to work with that is flexible in theme and genres..and with the comments/messages i've gotten from photographers i'm 99.9 % sure it's working....

Dec 06 12 10:06 am Link