Dec 09 12 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

John Horwitz

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Dec 09 12 03:21 pm Link

Model

Lynn Elizabeth

Palm Beach, Florida, US

These other names just aren't as fun without the weird sounds, faces, and hand gestures accompanied by those asking to show more of them for a shot! Haha! Love this thread though!!!

Dec 09 12 03:50 pm Link

Model

Fine Wine

Orange, California, US

Well for photographers that are not sure what  to call a particular body part you really don't have to call the particular lady/guy parts by any name during a shoot.  You can be professional and still get the shots you want by simply directing the nude model in his/her posing. You can say things like...
...turn to the left or right
...lean forward or lean backward
...move your hand up/down
...slide your left leg over
...lift your hips.

It also helps if you show the model sample pictures of the type of images you want before you start shooting. A picture is worth a thousand words. If the model knows the type of images you want he/she will know the type of poses to do and only minor direction is needed.  Plus showing sample pictures of the type of images you want you will find out what the model is comfortable with.

Dec 09 12 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Hinman

Westwood, California, US

Really? How many posts have you made on this subject? Can we just say a nipple is a nipple? WHATS THE POINT OF WORDS IF YOU DONT USE THEM?

Dec 09 12 05:58 pm Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

As long as the photographer doesn't leer at me or drool while s/he names my bits, I don't care personally smile

Dec 09 12 05:59 pm Link

Model

Shaun Tia

Phoenix, Arizona, US

aquarelle wrote:

The "Mons Venus" (pubic mound) is the real thing.  And it can be a magnificent subject! smile

Yes it can be, but dont tell me to move my public mound forward tongue

Dec 09 12 07:06 pm Link

Model

Shaun Tia

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I don't remember discussing your parts with you.  I just photographed you!   smile

Haha! We had no need to discuss parts, we are just that awesome!

Dec 09 12 07:07 pm Link

Model

Fine Wine

Orange, California, US

Ben Hinman wrote:
Really? How many posts have you made on this subject? Can we just say a nipple is a nipple? WHATS THE POINT OF WORDS IF YOU DONT USE THEM?

Of course we can say nipple or breast, but this thread exists because there are people that don't know what to say especially when it comes to certain parts of the anatomy.  My suggestion was only to give alternate words for those that don't know what to say.

There is not only one answer to the question that this thread poses. The thread exists to give people options that they feel comfortable with.

Dec 09 12 07:14 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

DixieGrace wrote:
They usually loosen up after I say the words myself.

The funnier issue is when I shoot with other models not comfortable shooting nude or semi-nude and I strip down and walk out on set with no qualms. The faces some people make are priceless. It's all about being truly comfortable in your own skin. Let it show!

ermmm...Run away with me?

Dec 09 12 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

IDiivil wrote:
As long as the photographer doesn't leer at me or drool while s/he names my bits, I don't care personally smile

memo to self...

big_smile

Dec 09 12 09:30 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Azteria wrote:
Foo
Lady garden
Holy shrine
Axe wound                    > lol O.o
Vajingle
Growler                         So British! Love it!!!!
Quim                                        "
Clock springs                      What now?
Spiders legs                      ...referring to what now?

Dec 09 12 09:31 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Ben Hinman wrote:

On nipples? Not too many? Why?

I use the word just fine. Nipple. There.

It's the dear photographer who was bashful. smile

Dec 09 12 09:33 pm Link

Model

IDiivil

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:

memo to self...

big_smile

big_smile I'm curious to see what you come up with, haha.

Dec 09 12 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Shaun Tia wrote:

Haha! We had no need to discuss parts, we are just that awesome!

I agree!   smile

Dec 09 12 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

alessandro cecconi

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Charger Photography wrote:
Really ???? If you shoot nudes obviously you are an adult... It depends from model to model.. while some are comfortable with me saying.. "okay" spread it open and lets shoot some pink" others are not and have to say " Please now put your lips apart"
Why this threads... ?  SMFH

I agree with you. This thread is ridiculous... or sad...depending how you look at it.
Plenty of people wanting to shoot nudes and dont know how to address the same body they want to shoot??

I find it ridiculous really

Dec 10 12 03:32 am Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Breast, nipple and areola are the correct terms, but sometimes breast can sound funny so I tend to say whatever the model uses to refer to them, which is usually boobs or tits.

Most people don't have a clue what an areola or a mons is.

Dec 10 12 04:12 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Bravoscape wrote:

This. Or open palm, moving in a large circular motion in the round about area...standing a few feet away of course.

+++ This is the best Bravoscope!

Yes.
Jen

Dec 10 12 07:48 am Link

Model

Artemis Bare

San Diego, California, US

Seriously

I notice a lot of photographers are really polite and tell me when I am "showing". It happens when posing, and I appreciate the courtesy since I am not interested in doing open leg work. Then of course I screw with them and try to call it the weirdest thing I can think of because I know for the rest of the shoot they will call it whatever I refer to it as. Previously used names:

Joe's crab shack
Eagles Nest
Hogwarts Castle
Hairy Manilow
Ham Wallet
Nativity Manger
Peach Fish
and much much more

Dec 10 12 08:01 am Link

Photographer

Woven Thought

Petersburg, Virginia, US

While absolutely hilarious, I would be very hesitant to use slang on a professional shoot.  It can be taken the wrong way and taken all the way to sexual harassment.  How a court system would work with that for a nude shoot, I'm not sure, but who wants the lawsuit to begin with? 

That said, I am hearing objections to vagina and pubic mound which are both what I would consider safe terms.  So, damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I suppose you just shake a stick at 'em and grunt.  Geesh.

Dec 10 12 08:03 am Link

Model

Azteria

London, England, United Kingdom

Eurocat wrote:

Clock Springs & spiders legs = Pubes :-D x

Dec 10 12 11:28 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Azteria wrote:
My list is long but distinguished ;-P

Below the waist the following is acceptable:

Minge
Foo
Lady garden
Holy shrine

big_smile big_smile

"Could you um, twist around a bit so we don't see your Holy Shrine please?"

Yeah, not gonna happen! big_smile

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Dec 10 12 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Hogwarts Castle , you're kidding me.

Dec 10 12 11:54 am Link

Photographer

JBerman Photography

New York, New York, US

i don't want to hi-jack this thread but am more interested in inappropriate terms so that I can avoid them.

Dec 10 12 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Bravo Magic Images

Temple City, California, US

I am glad that there is a chart that we photographers can now look at and not feel ofended by if they call a vagina any thing other than that. But since I was raised in the East Los Angeles area i tend to use my East LA terms so here goes my list of female parts in East LA terms and in  American terms. Please do not use the East Los Angeles words unless your a professional or are shooting with a Cholla or home girl. All other female models will be offended.

East Los Angeles Terms=============-----==American Terms

1. Tattas-------------------------------------------------Breast

2.Nalgas-------------------------------------------------Buttock

3.Panocha-----------------------------------------------Vagina

4,Chupones----------------------------------------------Nipples

5.Koollote------------------------------------------------rectum

6.Chee Chonass------------------------------------------Large Breast

7.Chee Chee tas-------------------------------------------Small Breast

8.Panocha Peluda------------------------------------------Hairy Vagina

Dec 10 12 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

JBerman Photography wrote:
i don't want to hi-jack this thread but am more interested in inappropriate terms so that I can avoid them.

pussy, punani, love triangle, jiggly puff, pooh bear, kitty, little lady, wild snapping man eater, cooter, love tunnel, the "Y", Slime Slurp, Hot little front butt, Gash, Hole, Hot little stinker, Penis engulfer, Cock Holster, Slot, Cubby Hole, Loinky, Scrotch, Love Glove, Yarble Scarble, Squibby Hole, Pink Paradise, Home, Humpy Humpstoferson, Dr. Humpenstein, Madame's Secret Grotto, Hair Pie, Pookie, The 'C' word..., slish, Gine box, Box, beaver, Va Jay Jay, Va Jine jine, Slit, Love Slot, Pink Taco, The Vaccum, pootang, cunt, Neden, fur burger, piss flaps, receptical, muff, quim, vage, pepe, beefgina, mound, coochie, hoo ha, clunge, snatch, twat, Axe Wound, beef curtain, woo hoo, minge, old mossy face, Chut, vajayjay, Squish Mitten, Ham Wallet, Oyster Ditch, Gut Locker, Pudding Hatch, The Yippee Bog, Bitch Wrinkle, Fiddle Cove, Rancid Ravine, Clam Cranny, Quim, Snatch, Wizard's Sleeve, Stink Plaza, Harry Ramsdens

Dec 10 12 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

MKPhoto

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:

pussy, punani, love triangle, jiggly puff, pooh bear, kitty, little lady, wild snapping man eater, cooter, love tunnel, the "Y", Slime Slurp, Hot little front butt, Gash, Hole, Hot little stinker, Penis engulfer, Cock Holster, Slot, Cubby Hole, Loinky, Scrotch, Love Glove, Yarble Scarble, Squibby Hole, Pink Paradise, Home, Humpy Humpstoferson, Dr. Humpenstein, Madame's Secret Grotto, Hair Pie, Pookie, The 'C' word..., slish, Gine box, Box, beaver, Va Jay Jay, Va Jine jine, Slit, Love Slot, Pink Taco, The Vaccum, pootang, cunt, Neden, fur burger, piss flaps, receptical, muff, quim, vage, pepe, beefgina, mound, coochie, hoo ha, clunge, snatch, twat, Axe Wound, beef curtain, woo hoo, minge, old mossy face, Chut, vajayjay, Squish Mitten, Ham Wallet, Oyster Ditch, Gut Locker, Pudding Hatch, The Yippee Bog, Bitch Wrinkle, Fiddle Cove, Rancid Ravine, Clam Cranny, Quim, Snatch, Wizard's Sleeve, Stink Plaza, Harry Ramsdens

You have been around longer than most of us wink

Dec 10 12 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Hero Foto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

giblets (lol) = labia
nip or nipple, teet (lol) = areola

the whole package = giblets and gravy

smile

I have NO problem letting the girls know, using these terms ... they usually laugh ...

"Hey, your giblets are showing!" ... usually results in huge burst of laughter ...

Dec 10 12 12:19 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I love this thread... I had no idea that such detailed instructions were necessary! It brings up all sorts of visions.

In the 10 or so years that I have had models pose in my studio... I have never had to refer to a woman's pubic area... vulva, vagina, etc... once. I sort of feel cheated.

I did have one model, who's painting is on my portfolio, tell me some cute word for her vulva in reference to not making it show. I wish I could remember the word as it was super cute... like garden of earthly delights or something like that.

I have had to say left or right breast from time to time... and maybe I may have said nipple a time or two...

I am looking forward to this thread progressing. I wonder what else I missed out on?

Dec 10 12 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Beksel Photography

Shell Lake, Wisconsin, US

I believe you missed "Hatchet Wound"   for Vulva

And I'd like to add Lung Rockets for breasts.  wink  LOL

Dec 10 12 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

L Raye

Petaluma, California, US

I think Tom Robbins used "vertical smile" for vulva.

Dec 10 12 02:19 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

You know I will ask you to use every last one of those on our next endeavor!

Dec 10 12 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Garage Photography

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Lorayne York wrote:
I call my boobs: Tits/tiny mounds.
I call my crotch: Va-Gi-Na... making sure to make it the longest word possible.
I call the inside of my Vagina: the pink shit... for example "make sure my pink shit doesnt show"
and i call my nipples: Nips.

but... i kinda dont care about being politically correct.. i tend to be gassy on shoots and i fart a lot in the nude.. or belch.. but it makes me less bloated. soo yay!

You I like, straight up the way it should be. Unfortunatly not everyone is like you, but I wish they were. As a photograpapher I EASE into it, sort of get a feel for the models personality. Conversation soon reveals all and the photos then come oout better than if we are tip toeing around each other

Dec 10 12 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Lacking focus photos

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Female llamas - junk
Male llamas - wedding tackle

easy.

Dec 10 12 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Hinman

Westwood, California, US

Eurocat wrote:

On nipples? Not too many? Why?

I use the word just fine. Nipple. There.

It's the dear photographer who was bashful. smile

Haha but you don't have to make a big deal about it! smile The guy was shy, but i'm guessing thats not what bothers you about it

Dec 10 12 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Artemis Bare wrote:
Seriously

I notice a lot of photographers are really polite and tell me when I am "showing". It happens when posing, and I appreciate the courtesy since I am not interested in doing open leg work. Then of course I screw with them and try to call it the weirdest thing I can think of because I know for the rest of the shoot they will call it whatever I refer to it as. Previously used names:

Joe's crab shack
Eagles Nest
Hogwarts Castle
Hairy Manilow
Ham Wallet
Nativity Manger
Peach Fish
and much much more

https://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/046/9/4/rofl_by_shadow696-d39mdkv.gif

Dec 10 12 04:08 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Ben Hinman wrote:
Haha but you don't have to make a big deal about it! smile The guy was shy, but i'm guessing thats not what bothers you about it

I think maybe you are not in the picture as to why this tread exists.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=870095

I am generally very little to not bothered at all.

I know what my stuff is called. smile

RE: big deal...   
Wanna compare this to some other threads about hot air and how happy people are with it?

Dec 10 12 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Hinman

Westwood, California, US

Eurocat wrote:

I think maybe you are not in the picture as to why this tread exists.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=870095

I am generally very little to not bothered at all.

I know what my stuff is called. smile

RE: big deal...   
Wanna compare this to some other threads about hot air and how happy people are with it?

haha no lets not turn this into a contest smile generally when people do something they have a good reason for it. I saw your earlier post, which is why i wondered why this meant so much to you

Dec 10 12 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Artemis Bare wrote:
Seriously

Joe's crab shack
Eagles Nest
Hogwarts Castle
Hairy Manilow
Ham Wallet
Nativity Manger
Peach Fish
and much much more

You forgot bacon pit...

Dec 10 12 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Hinman

Westwood, California, US

Hahahaha! taking inspiration from the bloodhound gang i see!

Here's a few you missed:
Cookie
Happy Hole
Rodpocket
Grilled Cheese (women over 50)
Flower
Bajingo

...i can't think of anymore. You're pretty good at this.

Dec 10 12 05:14 pm Link