Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Americans need to have more babies!

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

Dec 09 12 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Abstinence policies seem to backfire... tongue

Dec 09 12 04:16 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Lisa Andresen wrote:
It seems that the birth rate in the U.S. is at a record low.

Good.

That's all I'm going to say.

Dec 09 12 04:19 pm Link

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

Dec 09 12 04:19 pm Link

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

Dec 09 12 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

ShivaKitty wrote:

Good.

This!

Photographer

FootNote Fotography

Gainesville, Florida, US

My thoughts?

I hardly think that encouraging people to have more kids is a wise idea. We have enough kids as is. Then again, I am sure this study was done buy people who have actually done real study on this.

I am a firm believer there is an overpopulation problem. Want to see a real horror movie, its because its true.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/idiocracy/

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

Dec 09 12 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

We can't grow forever. The Earth is finite.

Watch 10 minutes or so of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umFnrvcS6AQ

I know you won't, because no one ever does, but there it is.

Dec 09 12 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

My thoughts? That question will depend on the demographics. Most minorities, Hispanic and Blacks aren't decreasing in the baby department. Over the past 2 to 3 decades, there's been a decrease within the white baby population.

My take. The people that's suggesting that you should have kids won't volunteer to take care of them.

Dec 09 12 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

FootNote Fotography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Lisa Andresen wrote:

Population problem on a international scale possibly. But in the U.S. it seems the professionals would disagree with you.

True, but America is a melting pot. The world is getting smaller and it is very easy for people to cross lines on a map and move here.

Dec 09 12 04:27 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Houston, Arkansas, US

ShivaKitty wrote:

Good.

borat

Dec 09 12 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Lisa Andresen wrote:
It seems that the birth rate in the U.S. is at a record low. And they are saying this could have a negative effect on our economy. And that one way to boost the economy is to start having more babies. But in a time when women aren't getting married and are waiting longer to have children. And family sizes are decreasing to just one or two children. It doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

Seems hard to believe when all you hear about is how we are so over populated all the time. And when at 23 years old it seems to me everyone on the planet is popping out kids left and right. hahah =]

What are your thoughts?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-falli … 18944.html

I think that is ridiculous.
- Perhaps if more people were financially stable, more children would be born.
- Perhaps if raising children weren't so expensive, more children would be born.
- Perhaps if childcare were affordable, more children would be born.
- Perhaps if college tuition weren't skyrocketing, more children would be born.
- Perhaps if the workplace were accommodating to new parents, more children would be born.

I could go on and on and on, but instead I'll just ask this:

What about all the children who are already HERE that need to be cared for? The adoption/foster care system is in SHAMBLES.

Dec 09 12 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

Lisa Andresen wrote:
It seems that the birth rate in the U.S. is at a record low. And they are saying this could have a negative effect on our economy. And that one way to boost the economy is to start having more babies. But in a time when women aren't getting married and are waiting longer to have children. And family sizes are decreasing to just one or two children. It doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

Seems hard to believe when all you hear about is how we are so over populated all the time. And when at 23 years old it seems to me everyone on the planet is popping out kids left and right. hahah =]

What are your thoughts?

I think having babies to stimulate the economy is a bad reason to have children.

Dec 09 12 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Lisa Andresen wrote:

What are your thoughts?

Lisa...it is https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngwhen...you are relying your article on a Yahoo Tweet. Really?

Dec 09 12 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Lisa Andresen wrote:

Population problem on a international scale possibly. But in the U.S. it seems the professionals would disagree with you.

We are overpopulated, and the article didn't say anything that proves that we aren't. I read it.

Dec 09 12 04:32 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Lisa Andresen wrote:

Except if you read the article you would know that it's not very good.

I did read it, or the gist of it at least. It doesn't change my own personal opinion that the world is better off with fewer people on it.

We're nasty. We're mean. We destroy everything, including each other. We are greedy. We love to play god, and fuck with the natural order of things.

I'm not a misanthropist; I actually value human and animal life pretty highly ... I also value the natural resources that support human life, and enrich it.

Dec 09 12 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Lisa Andresen wrote:

What are your thoughts?

Why on Earth would we encourage more children when people can barely provide for those already here (whether its families raising them or the state should they be given up for adoption or somewhere in between w/ our social welfare programs that help families bridge the gap)?

Dec 09 12 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

r T p

Lisa Andresen wrote:

What are your thoughts?

yo
u should lead by example

and have at least 10 babies

Dec 09 12 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

JSandersPhotography

Topeka, Kansas, US

Okay, my take?  There was some interesting information in the article, but given all the if's, and huge timeline involved, it sounds like fear mongering to me.

Dec 09 12 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Lisa Andresen wrote:

Except if you read the article you would know that it's not very good.

Well, not good for the corporations and their highly paid executives, but freaking **great** for mother earth!

Dec 09 12 04:40 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Houston, Arkansas, US

cy be rea n wrote:

yo
u should lead by example

and have at least 10 babies

lol

Dec 09 12 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

So, we want to deport everyone to get them out but start droppin kids to fill the place up?

Dec 09 12 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

JSandersPhotography wrote:
it sounds like fear mongering to me.

yup

Dec 09 12 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

I agree. I will be needing servants in the future also, and I will be selecting them from amongst your offspring.

Some of you shall be worthy of producing offspring that suits my highly-discriminating requirements.

So, by all means, yes... get to work producing my future servants. Do it now. I COMMAND YOU. lol

Dec 09 12 04:45 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lohkee wrote:

Well, not good for the corporations and their highly paid executives, but freaking **great** for mother earth!

Bingo!!!

Dec 09 12 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

The author of the article needs to be fixed and also some others should also get in line with the author!

Dec 09 12 04:53 pm Link

Model

Koryn

bgcfoto wrote:
So, we want to deport everyone to get them out but start droppin kids to fill the place up?

I actually thought about making a joke about that too,  but then figured I'd just hold my tongue.

Dec 09 12 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

FootNote Fotography wrote:
My thoughts?

I hardly think that encouraging people to have more kids is a wise idea. We have enough kids as is. Then again, I am sure this study was done buy people who have actually done real study on this.

I am a firm believer there is an overpopulation problem. Want to see a real horror movie, its because its true.

Well... the solution could be as simple to open the borders to foreigners what come in young, healthy and fertile and are willing to work and pay taxes in the USA.

Let in 100 Million healthy people from overpopulated countries!

Dec 09 12 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

udor wrote:
Let in 100 Million healthy people from overpopulated countries!

As we ponder the 47 million already here who cannot feed their families and are on food stamps. Wonderful idea (for Walmart).

Dec 09 12 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
We can't grow forever. The Earth is finite.

Watch 10 minutes or so of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umFnrvcS6AQ

I know you won't, because no one ever does, but there it is.

Very interesting!  Here is another take on population growth.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_r … abies.html

Dec 09 12 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Love the Arts

Malibu, California, US

Americans need to have more babies!

Doubtful!

We all need to enjoy great prosperity!

That's what we need! borat

Then watch those babies come!!!

Dec 09 12 05:34 pm Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

"Everybody comes into world with one mouth and two hands," says economist Donald Boudreaux of George Mason University. "It's generally true that most people produce more than they consume."

Um ok.....

The sizeable drop in the U.S. birth rate, reported recently by the Pew Research Center, has probably occurred because of the struggling economy. Though Pew didn't investigate the reasons behind the decline, birth rates tend to rise and fall based on how optimistic or pessimistic people feel. The U.S. birth rate peaked in 1957 (hence the "baby boom" generation), when the economy was booming and the unemployment rate was about 4.5 percent. It sagged in the 1970s, when inflation and other problems battered U.S. workers. The birth rate stabilized in the 1980s and stayed more or less level, until starting to dip again in 2008

No shit, but you want us to have more so we can have more? I'm sorry guys this shit doesn't make any sense.

Dec 09 12 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

MN camera

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

That's absurd.

7 billion people in the world already, many that can't live above subsistence level for whatever factors affect them, ranging from aridity to simple lack of opportunity, and that bozo, Ross Douthat, and other like-minded clowns want more people?

What both your author and Douthat (in a pitiful NYT screed) really need to admit is that what they want is more white babies.

That sort of honesty, though, would preclude their continued publication anywhere other than WorldNet Daily or whatever Ron Paul (or his successor) is calling his rag these days, so it won't happen.

Dec 09 12 05:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

London, England, United Kingdom

The problem isn't not enough kids - it's that there's too many older people - "baby boomers" who have significantly longer life expectancies than previous generations due to better healthcare, better nutrition and prospects etc etc mean the population rocketed. Just making more little humans to balance it out is a short-sighted solution. A lower birth rate, although it'll cause problems initially with an aging population, in 100 years time will help stabilise the population. There's too many people on this planet as it is, the world's already struggling.

Dec 09 12 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Sure, lets have tons more babies that we cant afford right now.

Dec 09 12 06:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

London, England, United Kingdom

Lohkee wrote:

THIS

Dec 09 12 06:15 pm Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Art Silva Photography wrote:
Sure, lets have tons more babies that we cant afford right now.

Yay for food stamps and welfare, I say people in Cali should have more becuase the state is doing so well. smh

Dec 09 12 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

egyptmachine wrote:

Yay for food stamps and welfare, I say people in Cali should have more becuase the state is doing so well. smh

You do know that most of our "implanted" citizens are from Texas right?! lol

Can't blame them for leaving that flat dump

Dec 09 12 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

lots of kids around here. not so many dads but lots of kids.

Dec 09 12 06:30 pm Link