Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > NFL Quarterback Deadpool / Who's Hot & Who's Not?

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Pick two that are hitting the bricks next year.

1.  Mark Sanchez (Jets)
2.  Tony Romo (Cowboys)

Pick two that will rock next year, regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

1.  RG3 (Redskins)
2.  Russell Wilson (Seahawks)

Your two 'hot and not' choices are?

Dec 31 12 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Alex Smith will leave SF if he doesn't play in the playoffs (which is very likely)

I think Tony Romo is safe, though he should be gone.

Sanchez has a big contract, so he's probably safe, even though he should be junked. 

Vick is gone. 
Teabag is gone. 
Carson Palmer should be gone.
Philip Rivers should be gone.

Dec 31 12 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Damon Banner wrote:
Alex Smith will leave SF if he doesn't play in the playoffs (which is very likely)

Sanchez has a big contract, so he's probably safe, even though he should be junked. 

Vick is gone. 
Teabag is gone. 

The amount of fucking up that Sanchez is doin is bad enough to bust up ANY contract... wink

Dec 31 12 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Damon Banner wrote:

He was probably the least of the Raiders' problems this year, though he killed a few games for the Raiders with INTs at the worst possible times. And the Raiders have few other options, though Terrell Pryor looked surprisingly good in his only start yesterday and should be given a real shot next year.

The Raiders simply have too many other holes to fill before they look to dump Palmer.

Dec 31 12 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Select Models wrote:
The amount of fucking up that Sanchez is doin is bad enough to bust up ANY contract... wink

I read somewhere that the Jets would take an $18 million cap hit next year if they dumped him now.

Dec 31 12 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

I read somewhere that the Jets would take an $18 million cap hit next year if they dumped him now.

Yep,which is why Tanenbaum was fired today

Dec 31 12 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

Damon Banner wrote:

Vick is gone. 
Teabag is gone. 

There's nothing wrong with Philip Rivers that a decent O line and some solid receivers wouldn't fix.

Last year Rivers threw to 17 different receivers!

Dec 31 12 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Let There Be Light

Los Angeles, California, US

Damon Banner wrote:

Smith is gone either way. The 49ers can't trade Smith until March 12 but if they if they cut him before then they're only on the hook for $1 million. If they cut him after April 1 the full $8.75 million contract is guaranteed.

Jan 01 13 12:14 am Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Instinct Images wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Philip Rivers that a decent O line and some solid receivers wouldn't fix.

Last year Rivers threw to 17 different receivers!

''He chokes almost as much as Romo.

Jan 01 13 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Let There Be Light wrote:

Smith is gone either way. The 49ers can't trade Smith until March 12 but if they if they cut him before then they're only on the hook for $1 million. If they cut him after April 1 the full $8.75 million contract is guaranteed.

I feel bad for him.  All he did is get a concussion trying to get a first down!  He's still a good quarterback.  Now I'll have to cheer against him.

Jan 01 13 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Damon Banner wrote:
''He chokes almost as much as Romo.

But Romo chokes in playoff games... that's like a 'mega-choke'... wink

Jan 01 13 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Select Models wrote:

Well, although I'm not a fan of Sanchez, I gotta lay the lion's share of the blame on his coaching -- they did everything they could to undermine his effectiveness & confidence.  They made it clear that the Jets were never his team to lead.

Tebow, although a really nice guy (apparently), is poison to his teams (kinda like how Terrill Owens poisoned his teams).  Further, Tebow's skills are just mediocre.

The problem with the Jets is that they shot themselves in the foot when they picked up Tebow.  They were always doomed to mediocrity, but they were favorites of ESPN (who were too lazy to have a reporter in Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Indianapolis, and other cities).  We heard more stories about Tebow than Peyton Manning, who is a leading candidate for MVP after losing last year.

Jan 01 13 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Great year next year list:  Add Peyton Manning -- I think what's he's done in Denver is amazing.

Romo -- I gotta say that he has proven to be awfully inconsistent in key situations, with game-losing fumbles & interceptions not being unusual.

Jan 01 13 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisFischerPhotography

Otsego, Minnesota, US

Smith are Vick are most likely gone. Rivers, Flacco, and Flynn may be elsewhere, as well.

Smith will rock next year in Minnesota, after they get him and Fitz in the offseason. Super Bowl, homeboy! tongue

Jan 01 13 01:56 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Hot:
Luck
RG3

Not:
Romo
Palmer

Jan 01 13 02:12 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Great year next year list:  Add Peyton Manning -- I think what's he's done in Denver is amazing.

Romo -- I gotta say that he has proven to be awfully inconsistent in key situations, with game-losing fumbles & interceptions not being unusual.

Peyton Manning is always hot.  He's a class act leader and player.  I didn't include him on my own hot/not list because it's a given.

Romo is COMPLETELY inconsistent, and doesn't use his OL wisely.  Part of that is also the OC's problem, and Jerry Jones has his finger in the pie WAY too much.  Maybe he needs another team, I don't know, but he's not the "great" QB that everyone touted, at one point.

And Vick's days are done.  He'll be kicked to the curb.

Jan 01 13 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisFischerPhotography

Otsego, Minnesota, US

Stephen A. Smith said it best: Romo is the best non-elite QB in the NFL.

Jan 01 13 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Bronco's Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy to the Cardinals as head coach and getting Tebow is in the rider.
Tebow as a cardinal, sniker...

But it would actually be awesome, it was McCoy who was a big part of Tebow's effectiveness with the Bronco's. They would give him a better chance. Bears would eat him alive in one season.

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/01/broncos-offe … a-chicago/

Jan 01 13 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
And Vick's days are done.  He'll be kicked to the curb.

Vick is gone from Philly,
But I suspect he will be starting for someone next year.

Jan 01 13 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Chris Macan wrote:

I agree... and rumor has it that he may be heading to the Jets... wink

Jan 01 13 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Chris Macan wrote:

He's better than Romo, IMO.  At the least, he can mentor someone's draft pick...

Jan 01 13 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Right Poes Photography wrote:
Bronco's Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy to the Cardinals as head coach and getting Tebow is in the rider.
Tebow as a cardinal, sniker...

But it would actually be awesome, it was McCoy who was a big part of Tebow's effectiveness with the Bronco's. They would give him a better chance. Bears would eat him alive in one season.

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/01/broncos-offe … a-chicago/

Tebow's gonna find a happy home someday... and when he does... he'll take whatever team he's with to the playoffs again.  I personally think he's a great QB who hasn't been given the opportunity to really shine... wink

Jan 02 13 07:25 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Chris Macan wrote:

I don't know...maybe.  He's been down a lot with those ribs, and can't seem to heal between shots.  But the hit he took in November against Dallas causing a serious concussion...that's a problem.  Even with a fitted protective skull cap under his helmet, he's a liability.

Jan 02 13 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Damon Banner wrote:

Vick is gone. 
Teabag is gone. 

Romo is just about the only reason the Cowboys had as good of a season as they did. Look at the blocking, the wrong route running and giving up on passes that his receivers have done. Romo was forced to overcompensate for a whole host of player mishaps/laziness, and if he played on a team that actually did its job, they would be sitting pretty in the playoffs.

Jan 02 13 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

I don't know...maybe.  He's been down a lot with those ribs, and can't seem to heal between shots.  But the hit he took in November against Dallas causing a serious concussion...that's a problem.  Even with a fitted protective skull cap under his helmet, he's a liability.

I think Vick can make a good 2nd or 3rd string QB
nothing else for him should be available

Jan 02 13 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Select Models wrote:

Tebow's gonna find a happy home someday... and when he does... he'll take whatever team he's with to the playoffs again.  I personally think he's a great QB who hasn't been given the opportunity to really shine... wink

I don't think Tebow is  NFL starting QB caliber. Even though he gets a lot of hate on here.........and why I cannot figure, I just think people are jealous of him for some reason..........he can still help a team. He is a good team player that can fill in at times and help out on situations. But I don't think he has the tools to make a serious playoff run as a starting QB

Jan 02 13 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Peach Jones wrote:

I don't think Tebow is  NFL starting QB caliber. Even though he gets a lot of hate on here.........and why I cannot figure, I just think people are jealous of him for some reason..........he can still help a team. He is a good team player that can fill in at times and help out on situations. But I don't think he has the tools to make a serious playoff run as a starting QB

Not so much Tebow hate but the Fla Gator Alum/fanboys here insisting that he will be the best QB in the history in the league when fact is that he will never have good enough mechanics to be an even average QB (he has the body of a powerlifter,way too much muscle mass on the upper body to be able to have even close to good enough mechanics to throw a football accurately on a consistant basis)he is an under 50% completion qb,that will not cut it in the NFL.
A good backup on a team with a lot of talent(especially a running game)to hold the fort for a few games,yeah,he can do that

Jan 02 13 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Peach Jones wrote:

Romo is just about the only reason the Cowboys had as good of a season as they did. Look at the blocking, the wrong route running and giving up on passes that his receivers have done. Romo was forced to overcompensate for a whole host of player mishaps/laziness, and if he played on a team that actually did its job, they would be sitting pretty in the playoffs.

There was no excuse for those 3 INT's Sunday night,especially the last one,that is flat out bad decision making and choking in the clutch....
He is not a winner

Jan 02 13 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Chris Rifkin wrote:

There was no excuse for those 3 INT's Sunday night,especially the last one,that is flat out bad decision making and choking in the clutch....
He is not a winner

TOTALLY AGREE... Dallas will NEVER get to a Superbowl birth with him as QB... wink

Jan 02 13 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Kelcher

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Ponder provides a lot to ponder, and the Vikings will be pondering during the off season. He's not terrible, and when he runs to the right to get out of the pocket, he's very good, but the Vikings want him to stay in the pocket to throw....that's not his "comfort-zone".

Yes, they are in as a wild card, but not much credit for that belongs to Ponder. Most of it goes to Adrian Peterson. A lot will depend on Saturday's game. If Ponder can look good Saturday, and perform at least "fairly well", the starting QB spot will remain his. If he falters, they will ponder that the entire off-season.

Tebow has not been well-utilized. Ryan preferred Sanchez and that proved to be a mistake. I think Ryan would prefer that Tebow wasn't on the team, but that might simply be that Ryan doesn't like religious types. Tebow can play football, but in order to see what his capabilities are, he has to actually play. It wouldn't take a lot to play better than Sanchez, but even Dick's sporting Goods benched him. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tim- … ore-010213

Vick shouldn't have played in the NFL after his dog-fighting ordeal. He's a scumbag and the NFL (and the Eagles), would do well to dispose of him. As for the Eagles, Reid should never have signed him after his prison term expired. He's simply a steroid-using, admitted felon, who spreads genital herpes Vick has a contagious bad attitude that eventually cost an otherwise great coach his job.
http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com/12 … edID=10324

Brett Favre will not re-retire in 2013.

RG-3 and Rodgers will both again perform well in 2013, barring serious injuries.

Jan 02 13 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Tebow's gonna find a happy home someday... and when he does... he'll take whatever team he's with to the playoffs again.

I'll help him look for that home, but where I'll check is at TE or HB. There are too many good QB's to displace one for a mediocre QB, but good athlete

Jan 02 13 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Let There Be Light

Los Angeles, California, US

Right Poes Photography wrote:
But it would actually be awesome, it was McCoy who was a big part of Tebow's effectiveness with the Bronco's.

That's not something you'd want to put on your resume. Tebow was 28th in the league last year in passer rating, completed just 46.5% of his passes, threw for 12 TDs and had 12 turnovers, and was last in the league in passing yards per game, worse than Curtis Painter, John Skelton, Matt Cassel and Colt McCoy.

Jan 02 13 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

j3_photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Let There Be Light wrote:

That's not something you'd want to put on your resume. Tebow was 28th in the league last year in passer rating, completed just 46.5% of his passes, threw for 12 TDs and had 12 turnovers, and was last in the league in passing yards per game, worse than Curtis Painter, John Skelton, Matt Cassel and Colt McCoy.

Yet the Broncos won a playoff game...

Tebow will be great for another team.

Jan 02 13 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

j3_photo wrote:

as a backup

Jan 02 13 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

j3_photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

as a backup

He needs to be given a chance to lead a team from start...THEN will it be truly known if he's worthy in the NFL.

Jan 02 13 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

j3_photo wrote:

He needs to be given a chance to lead a team from start...THEN will it be truly known if he's worthy in the NFL.

IMO 90% of anyone who knows anything about football has seen enough.
Just look at the differance with the Broncos
Same WRs,same O line
Both Thomas and Decker had break out years at WR with a real QB,Manning
Same WRs,a career under 50% completion rate

Jan 02 13 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

j3_photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

IMO 90% of anyone who knows anything about football has seen enough.
Just look at the differance with the Broncos
Same WRs,same O line
Both Thomas and Decker had break out years at WR with a real QB,Manning
Same WRs,a career under 50% completion rate

I'd still give him a shot...he didn't start last year until the 6th game.

Peyton has YEARS of experience also.

Jan 03 13 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

j3_photo wrote:

Agreed... I think he's been sold short.  I think Dallas should kick 'Blomo' to the curb and sign Tebow... borat... then they might get in the playoffs like Denver did last year with Tebow at the helm... wink

Jan 03 13 12:42 am Link

Photographer

j3_photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Select Models wrote:

Agreed... I think he's been sold short.  I think Dallas should kick 'Blomo' to the curb and sign Tebow... borat... then they might get in the playoffs like Denver did last year with Tebow at the helm... wink

I'd take Tebow over Romo ANY day.

Jan 03 13 01:31 am Link

Model

Abigail Rose Hill

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

I think the key thing people forget is that one man does not make a team. QBs are pretty important but it means jack all if the rest of the team aren't pulling their weight.

I'd like to see Tebow given a chance with a team prepared to take a gamble and build a team that may take a season or two to mesh, but when it does...

Jan 03 13 02:11 am Link