Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > What would you do differently?

Model

Sally Marvel

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hello fellow Mayhemites: I come asking you to judge me harshly, but not too harshly, for I am a delicate creature :-P  Take a look at my port and give me some constructive critiques. What would you have done differently? What do you think would improve the quality of my port? Etc., etc. :-)

Jan 21 13 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

DW Images

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

It's a wonderful port....hard to critique. What are you not happy with?

Jan 21 13 07:52 pm Link

Model

Sally Marvel

Chicago, Illinois, US

Oh, you are so kind!

To be truthful, I am not unhappy with my port. I am pleased with my port, how much I feel that I have developed over the past year, and also with every one who has chosen to work with me. (Thank you)! It's that feeling of personal accomplishment.

Having said that, there is always room for growth, and complacency is never an option ^-^  I see so many pictures that I admire in other peoples' ports that I can't help but to wonder what they would do differently.

Jan 21 13 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

DW Images

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

What is nice about your work is the quality of the photos....right up there with the best. I can relate to what you're saying but I think you should stay on the path you're on. I often wish my work looked like someone else's but what can you do? smile

Jan 21 13 08:01 pm Link

Model

Sally Marvel

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you kindly :-)

Jan 21 13 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

John Horwitz

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

looks great -

Jan 21 13 08:04 pm Link

Model

Sally Marvel

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you!

Jan 21 13 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Coyote Creations NW

Vancouver, Washington, US

My only advice is keeping shooting with the photographers who did your port. They did a great job technically and managed to really showcase you as a model. Good work by all!

Jan 23 13 08:55 pm Link