This thread was locked on 2013-04-20 14:42:48
Forums > Model Colloquy > Models: Use Colour Image On Profile

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

Jim McSmith wrote:

No, I meant you could take it out with Photoshop. Using the clone tool.

So, essentially, what you're saying is you'd rather know that a model you're working with is causing damage to her skin and putting herself at increased risk for cancer? But it's no big deal because you can just photoshop it, right? You're a cool guy.  -_-

Apr 20 13 09:34 am Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Jim McSmith wrote:

So what you're saying, in your esteemed opinion, is that most photographers on MM are GWCs? Because talent doesn't grow on trees and the quality of equipment wont impact on results?

A good photographer can use a camera phone and get amazing images.  A bad photographer can have $30k in equipment and still fuck it up.

Apr 20 13 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Jim McSmith

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

The Original Sin  wrote:

A good photographer can use a camera phone and get amazing images.  A bad photographer can have $30k in equipment and still fuck it up.

I've met photographers like that. So disappointing for models when this happens and damaging for the reputation of the industry.

Apr 20 13 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Jim McSmith

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Kelleth wrote:

So, essentially, what you're saying is you'd rather know that a model you're working with is causing damage to her skin and putting herself at increased risk for cancer? But it's no big deal because you can just photoshop it, right? You're a cool guy.  -_-

There is no doubt cancer is an insidious affliction on the human race but the increased risk of cancer you speak of is, in my view, co-related to the increase in the global population and the subsequent effects of pollution caused by the effects of consumption by the needs and demands of a growing populace.

More people means more cars on the road, more fuel consumption, more food production and so on, so there is a corresponding waste bi-product which goes into the air, the ground and the sea. All of that has more to do with cancer than suntanning I think. In fact, Vit D is very good for you according to the health gurus.

Apr 20 13 10:44 am Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Seattle, Washington, US

Jim McSmith wrote:

Look, the reason I have a camera as an avatar is simples. It's so that girls can see at first glance I have professional equipment and will therefore be able to render quality results in-line with their expectations of a serious amateur photographer.

From OP's profile:
"All photos on portfolio were taken with Fujica STX and Soligor 35-200 zoom lens. I know it's a 30 year old camera but it's all I can afford with limited resources."
lol

Apr 20 13 11:16 am Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Seattle, Washington, US

Jim McSmith wrote:

There is no doubt cancer is an insidious affliction on the human race but the increased risk of cancer you speak of is, in my view, co-related to the increase in the global population and the subsequent effects of pollution caused by the effects of consumption by the needs and demands of a growing populace.

More people means more cars on the road, more fuel consumption, more food production and so on, so there is a corresponding waste bi-product which goes into the air, the ground and the sea. All of that has more to do with cancer than suntanning I think. In fact, Vit D is very good for you according to the health gurus.

Science is a thing, brah. It's a real thing.

Apr 20 13 11:17 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You don't need to tan to get vitamin D.

You have no knowledge on cancer, so I'd suggest to keep quiet. And that's the polite version.

Apr 20 13 12:26 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

For the record, I'd much rather look "gothic" than try to tan. You see, I don't "tan". I go right from white to red. And that's not cool. I'm not going to model forever and I won't take unnecessary risks. I mean, one dude in the UK like tanned models, big deal. He's not the authority. The people I worked with must have been crazy to praise my milky skin.

My sister tans, is 4 years younger than me, but has more wrinkles than I do. And looks older than her age.

I'll stick with what's best for me, thanks.

Apr 20 13 12:34 pm Link

Model

Eva Marx

West Hollywood, California, US

Jim McSmith wrote:
Many photographers don't shoot black and white. When searching profiles I look for tanned models but if the avatar is in b/w I then need to view the whole portfolio which wastes time and slows down the search process.

You would seriously pick a model based on one picture? What if she looks NOTHING like her avatar??

Apr 20 13 12:38 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jim McSmith wrote:

You think car pollution is the cause of skin cancer?

neutral

Apr 20 13 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

jesse paulk

Phoenix, Arizona, US

5 pages LOL

i cant believe this thread wasnt locked for boorish behavior at day 1.

blah blah blah models should do this in their avi
*has an avi of a camera*
*conversation derails into skin cancer*
*spews more unfounded information from mouth hole*

Apr 20 13 02:05 pm Link

Model

B R E N N A N

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

God....this thread.......lollery.
I love using the MM forums to add to my block list.

Apr 20 13 02:13 pm Link