Forums > Critique > need critique please

Model

Katherinexchristine

Cape May Court House, New Jersey, US

I know my profile is limited right now, but id love some basic critique on what i currently have

Thanks
Kc.

Feb 02 13 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Very limited I don't see anything that makes you stand out as a model. There's not really any emotion, connection or story.

The sideways images is annoying, the glass in front of your face is pointless.

The rest don't show us anything.

My suggestion would be to work on some poses that show off your strong points. Whatever they are.

As a model you need to show us that you can
portray emotion on demand
pose creatively
connect with the camera

You should try to work with a good photographer in your area that's willing to provide guidance during the shoot.

Feb 02 13 10:07 am Link

Model

Raven-Lily

Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom

honestly i cant really tell what you look like, you need one pic that shows you straight on, close up, no make up

1 full body (head to toe) shot preferably in swimwear or lingerie

and arelaxed smiling pic

you dont need more than that if you have never modelled before, so wipe all these pics and start again

I would remove the quote about payment, no one is going to pay you yet.

also you 'researched' modelling?, no one is a learned model until you have stood in front of a camera and you have been barked at by a photographer until you get it right, every...single.. time and then learn to direct themselves.

Feb 02 13 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

you are deluding your self.  You dont have a model look and despite what you claim in your portfolio- you have not done your research into modeling as is reflected in your abysmal port.

Feb 02 13 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Not the port of a model, just some FB wannabe. This ain't F'n FaceBook!!

Feb 02 13 08:50 pm Link

Model

Katherinexchristine

Thanks I suppose.

I am new.
But this is something I wanna fight to make happen.
I'm aware my profile is limited. I have not yet had the pleasure of working with an experienced photographer.

I'll get there. It won't happen overnight. I know.

Feb 04 13 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130204/14/511032e67d07f_m.jpg
You are beautiful

Add to your portfolio:
Studio style color headshot, show the world those wonderful eyes

Feb 04 13 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

The Gross Bite

Lansing, Michigan, US

KatherineChristinexxx wrote:
Thanks I suppose.

I am new.
But this is something I wanna fight to make happen.
I'm aware my profile is limited. I have not yet had the pleasure of working with an experienced photographer.

I'll get there. It won't happen overnight. I know.

Well, newbie, you didn't let the naysayers run you off. Hang in there! Ya got moxie.

Good Luck!

Feb 04 13 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

WCR3

Houston, Texas, US

I think the reason you've gotten primarily negative comments so far is that the pictures in your portfolio suck. You don't, but the pictures do.

As someone above suggested, you pretty much need to start over with your portfolio.

You'll never be a runway or fashion model because of your height. But there are things you can do.

You probably shouldn't plan on making a living at it. If you want to model for fun or for the occasional bit of extra spending money, go after it.

The first thing you need to do is get better images in your portfolio and lose all the ones you currently have except, perhaps, the first one showing you in the black top with your red hair (I'm a sucker for redheads). There must be a gazillion young photographers in the New York/Philadelphia area who are looking to trade. Shoot with as many as you can, and be very, very selective about the images you put in your portfolio.

It won't happen overnight, but if you work at it you can build a portfolio that will attract more and better photographers. And from there, who knows?

Feb 04 13 09:31 pm Link

Model

Katherinexchristine

Thank you all!

Feb 05 13 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Ralph Easy

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Try to buy a wicked out of this world vintage dress in a thrift shop.

Don't pop some tags even if you just got $20 in your pocket.

Now get hold of a friend with a long telephoto lens, pose and shoot.

Show only those wicked killer shots, even if it means just 2 or 3 photos in your port.

Get rid of all your current pics, specially the one with the murky fish bowl.

Best of luck.

Feb 05 13 05:02 pm Link