Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > The Picky Art List

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Ok, so I have a list that I've created for what I deem as incredible artistic shots.

I'm pretty picky (to a fault maybe) so if you're easily offended this may not be the place for you!

Post here and I'll take a look at your port and let you know in this thread if I find something!

The game is afoot!

Don

Feb 09 13 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Ok!

Feb 10 13 06:12 am Link

Photographer

gpmcguire

Brooklyn, New York, US

I'll play smile

Feb 10 13 06:24 am Link

Photographer

DEREX Art

DENVILLE, New Jersey, US

Come in.  Enjoy.  (We even have Texas girl art...)

Feb 10 13 07:14 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Ok!

Jorge you have some incredible imagery and from reading your profile you sound like someone that I'd like to meet and have a drink with next time I'm in LA. I love your style and processing in your images!

What I primarily see is glamour/fashion magazine quality images that are bar-none some of the best I've seen on MM. Unfortunately I haven't listed you in my "art" list.

Don

Feb 10 13 07:31 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

gpmcguire wrote:
I'll play smile

Outstanding work here! I particularly like the photo of Iona reclined in the chair and would have listed that one if the balance between light and dark was a little closer.

You've got some great images and I like that you have focus on themes.

Reeeaally close. Maybe next time!

Feb 10 13 07:37 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

DEREX Art wrote:
Come in.  Enjoy.  (We even have Texas girl art...)

David, we've traded comments in the past and obviously I'm a fan of your work. From one painter to another you definitely have skill with a brush. I haven't listed you in my art list simply because, well, I'm picky and I'm really looking for that fine art photo that just blows me away.

Feb 10 13 07:45 am Link

Photographer

Dontez Akins

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I will give it a go

Feb 10 13 07:54 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Dontez Akins wrote:
I will give it a go

Dontez you've got some creative talent that I feel is suffering from expressionless models.

I do like several of your images including but not limited to the one you have as your body paint header. My picky self would like to see that image straightened and it's probably the only thing that kept me from listing it.

I'm looking for images that speak to me and that one definitely does!

Feb 10 13 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Ron Spackman

High River, Alberta, Canada

I'd be happy to hear your opinion!  -Ron

Feb 10 13 08:25 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Ron Spackman wrote:
I'd be happy to hear your opinion!  -Ron

Ron, I really like some of your images. I especially like the image of Zygo that you have on your portfolio. I also looked at your website and saw some great things there as well.

Here's my summation: You are definitely aware of what's capable lighting and your models are posing well with nice expressions. I think where the problem lies is with your compositions and crops.

I can't tell you how to crop, only give my opinion (for what it's worth). I see many images that I think are nice but would be truly excellent with a better crop. Rule of thirds, not cropping at major body joints, etc.

Nothing listed but great work Ron!

Feb 10 13 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Michael Chiong

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

Hmmm wonder how you think..

Feb 10 13 10:06 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Michael Chiong wrote:
Hmmm wonder how you think..

Excellent glamour/fashion work. I even commented on one of them.

I'm looking for art/fine art though.

Thanks for letting me take a look Michael!

Don

Feb 10 13 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

DWShoots wrote:

Jorge you have some incredible imagery and from reading your profile you sound like someone that I'd like to meet and have a drink with next time I'm in LA. I love your style and processing in your images!

What I primarily see is glamour/fashion magazine quality images that are bar-none some of the best I've seen on MM. Unfortunately I haven't listed you in my "art" list.

Don

Sure! Let me know when you are in town. smile

Feb 10 13 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Pantelis Palios

Maldon, England, United Kingdom

Please pick pic, Picky?

Feb 10 13 11:03 am Link

Photographer

L2Photography net

University City, Missouri, US

Sure please take a look
L2

Feb 10 13 11:05 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Pantelis Palios wrote:
Please pick pic, Picky?

I chose this one:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120316/23/4f642d62357cd_m.jpg

Even though we're looking at glamour/fashion lighting I find the image very striking and it really reminds me so much of THX1138

Excellent work. This is one I could look at for hours analyzing every detail.

Don

Feb 10 13 11:59 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

L2Photography net wrote:
Sure please take a look
L2

I really like the shot of Laura with the graffiti. In my minds eye I'm not seeing fine art though.
Editorial and fashion, yes!

Thanks

Don

Feb 10 13 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Ready to go... Show me whatcha got!

Feb 10 13 07:26 pm Link

Model

Luna Diosa

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

probably not but I will try love your port btw smile

Feb 10 13 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
probably not but I will try love your port btw smile

You know what I'm looking for Syn. I'd definitely like to see you expand though!

Don

Feb 10 13 07:33 pm Link

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

Please have a look smile

Feb 10 13 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

CireStudios

New York, New York, US

I'm game. Take a look.

Feb 10 13 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Pantelis Palios

Maldon, England, United Kingdom

DWShoots wrote:

I chose this one:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120316/23/4f642d62357cd_m.jpg

Even though we're looking at glamour/fashion lighting I find the image very striking and it really reminds me so much of THX1138

Excellent work. This is one I could look at for hours analyzing every detail.

Don

I'm gobsmacked! Thank you very much. I loved the other two images that you had in your list and am truly pleased to join them.

Feb 10 13 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

allison mindy wrote:
Please have a look smile

You are gorgeous and have some great images in your portfolio. I'd be fortunate to work with you myself. Unfortunately, nothing for my list... Yet.
I say yet because you look more than capable!

Thanks
Don

Feb 10 13 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Maybe? smile

Feb 10 13 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

CireStudios wrote:
I'm game. Take a look.

Eric, I love the Mabel photo. I love the Felicia photo even though she is more exposed than I would typically shoot. I think what you did right there is the focus of the shot is not on her cooch yet happens to be there.
Very nice!

I really like the Mabel shot and want to list it but I'm thinking a tighter crop would be in order or actually even an expansion of the canvas. it's still a beautiful image.

Your resolution on your newest three images is wonderful and I'd love to know what your lens choice was.

Thanks!
Don

Feb 10 13 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Sure smile

Feb 10 13 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

DAN CRUIKSHANK wrote:
Maybe? smile

Dan,
Profoundly wonderful work!
You do something I envy and that's having a consistent style amongst your images.
I really like the Nevalina shot with her laying in the grass with the trees and mountain. Sometimes I wonder though when I shoot this type of image is the model going to look like a corpse disposed in the woods? Eek!

Yours does not and I like it do much I've listed it. smile

Don

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

and me too smile

Photographer

CireStudios

New York, New York, US

Thanks Don,

I've thought about adjusting Mable, but never got around to reopening the original. Of course I'm also afraid if I open it back up, I'll tinker with it too much.  Too bad she couldn't make the list.

I've recently switched from Canon to Nikon and been mostly shooting with the Nikon D3 with the Nikon 24-105. Seems to be my main studio set up.

Thanks again.
Eric

DWShoots wrote:

Eric, I love the Mabel photo. I love the Felicia photo even though she is more exposed than I would typically shoot. I think what you did right there is the focus of the shot is not on her cooch yet happens to be there.
Very nice!

I really like the Mabel shot and want to list it but I'm thinking a tighter crop would be in order or actually even an expansion of the canvas. it's still a beautiful image.

Your resolution on your newest three images is wonderful and I'd love to know what your lens choice was.

Thanks!
Don

Feb 10 13 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

DWShoots wrote:

Dan,
Profoundly wonderful work!
You do something I envy and that's having a consistent style amongst your images.
I really like the Nevalina shot with her laying in the grass with the trees and mountain. Sometimes I wonder though when I shoot this type of image is the model going to look like a corpse disposed in the woods? Eek!

Yours does not and I like it do much I've listed it. smile

Don

Thank you very much smile

Feb 10 13 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Studio Gregor wrote:
Sure smile

Gregor, like many of the others you have some great images in your portfolio. Here's what I'd like to see though... Less focus on your model's faces (I know it's hard when they're so pretty, trust me) and more focus on their figures!

You're nearly there for my list!

Don

Feb 10 13 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

CireStudios wrote:
Thanks Don,

I've thought about adjusting Mable, but never got around to reopening the original. Of course I'm also afraid if I open it back up, I'll tinker with it too much.  Too bad she couldn't make the list.

I've recently switched from Canon to Nikon and been mostly shooting with the Nikon D3 with the Nikon 24-105. Seems to be my main studio set up.

Thanks again.
Eric

I completely understand. I use to oil paint, talk about constantly "over doing it" when it takes 6 months for the paint to dry it's easy to keep messing around with it!

Don

Feb 10 13 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Fotografica Gregor wrote:
and me too smile

Gregor, this is your better portfolio IMO. This style is definitely your forte'. If you're like me that's not what you want and you're constantly pushing yourself. No one wants to stuck in a niche.

Out of this portfolio I really like the rhus image but because I'm picky, to a fault, I'd prefer the natural horizon of it to be straight.

Excellent work all around. You're closest to my list out of this portfolio is the JennaKellen photo. It's one of my favorites of yours!

Don

Feb 10 13 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

L2Photography net

University City, Missouri, US

DWShoots wrote:

I really like the shot of Laura with the graffiti. In my minds eye I'm not seeing fine art though.
Editorial and fashion, yes!

Thanks

Don

thanks for looking
L2

Feb 10 13 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Parks

Newport Beach, California, US

Wow.. rough list.
Love your port by the way. Beautiful artistic images!
Would be honored if you found one of mine note-worthy.
Thanks,
Charles

Feb 11 13 10:19 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Charles Parks wrote:
Wow.. rough list.
Love your port by the way. Beautiful artistic images!
Would be honored if you found one of mine note-worthy.
Thanks,
Charles

Charles you have found your muse with Nikki. Don't ever let her leave you as you two have created some great things, in fact, I believe overall Nikki's best work (including what I've done with her)!

I really like your light experiment images too. It reminded me of when I was in high school and use to light write messages to my girlfriend on film. Not to diminish what you're doing at all as you are far and away more advanced with anything this author ever did during his accelerated hormonal high school years!

I really like a lot of your photos/images but unfortunately I didn't find anything for my picky list.

Thank you though for letting me experience your portfolio!

Don

Feb 12 13 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Parks

Newport Beach, California, US

DWShoots wrote:
Charles you have found your muse with Nikki. Don't ever let her leave you as you two have created some great things, in fact, I believe overall Nikki's best work (including what I've done with her)!

I really like your light experiment images too. It reminded me of when I was in high school and use to light write messages to my girlfriend on film. Not to diminish what you're doing at all as you are far and away more advanced with anything this author ever did during his accelerated hormonal high school years!

I really like a lot of your photos/images but unfortunately I didn't find anything for my picky list.

Thank you though for letting me experience your portfolio!

Don

Don,
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your time and thoughts greatly.
Yeah, she (Nikki) is a treasure and a joy to work with.. I'm shooting with her again this week.
I see everyday as a challenge to push yourself further past your comfort level. Hopefully I'll even make your picky list one day smile

Thank you again,
Charles

Feb 13 13 07:47 am Link

Model

Stark Swearengen

Woodbridge, Virginia, US

Maybe?

Feb 13 13 07:57 am Link