Forums > General Industry > SCAM OR REAL? Dubetant Advertisement

Model

misscoyne

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

I recived a message from a guy who said he worked as a freelancer for Dubetant Advertisement : I am unsure if its a scam or a good oppurtunity- can anyone help?

'I work for Dubetant Advertisement as a freelancer. We are looking for pictures of Novis, Amateurs models, Photographers, Comedians, and Actors on internet as we cannot afford to pay top professional models.

My client is seeking a picture which will be put on its "International Telephone Calling Card" billboard/poster to be displayed in western Europe.

Your picture fits what we want and that is the main reason why I contacted you. Your face will only appear on the billboard.

Pictures of the poster will be sent to you before it is launched in April 2013.'

Feb 11 13 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Art Nudes

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom

SCAM!! Debutante is how you spell the word, and mispellings and grammatical mistakes are usually a sure-fire indicator of scam-merchants. Usually from places like Nigeria.

"novis" should be Novice!

Feb 11 13 03:14 pm Link

Model

misscoyne

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

I didnt even pick up on the mispelling, I was too overwhelmed. Thank you smile

Feb 11 13 05:06 pm Link

Model

stephanie scot

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I received the same email! Exact same other then he said they would pay me 18,000 euro (or equivalent) I thought it was too good to be true also...
But as for the spelling, I don't think there is a correct way to spell it as it is their company name.

Feb 12 13 02:27 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

stephanie scot wrote:
I received the same email! Exact same other then he said they would pay me 18,000 euro (or equivalent) I thought it was too good to be true also...
But as for the spelling, I don't think there is a correct way to spell it as it is their company name.

"Novis" is not the way to spell novice. That email screams scam.

Feb 12 13 02:45 am Link

Photographer

Art Nudes

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom

stephanie scot wrote:

Then their company name is a mistake. There is a correct way to spell it, and that ain't it. smile

Feb 12 13 09:25 am Link

Photographer

David Nelson Photograph

Dallas, Texas, US

misscoyne wrote:
I recived a message from a guy who said he worked as a freelancer for Dubetant Advertisement : I am unsure if its a scam or a good oppurtunity- can anyone help?

'I work for Dubetant Advertisement as a freelancer. We are looking for pictures of Novis, Amateurs models, Photographers, Comedians, and Actors on internet as we cannot afford to pay top professional models.

My client is seeking a picture which will be put on its "International Telephone Calling Card" billboard/poster to be displayed in western Europe.

Your picture fits what we want and that is the main reason why I contacted you. Your face will only appear on the billboard.

The old saw, if it sounds too good to be true...  I get emails for this all the time, telling me that they like my photos and would like to use them on this or that ad and that they will pay me a ton of money when the product is finished.  They often ask if I have a photo of this or that.  Just to mess with them, I ask for some  good faith money upfront, to be counted against my final payment.  I never hear back.
Pictures of the poster will be sent to you before it is launched in April 2013.'

Feb 12 13 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Art Nudes wrote:

Then their company name is a mistake. There is a correct way to spell it, and that ain't it. smile

It's a possibility -- a remote possibility -- that the owner's name is Dubetant. Fred Dubetant. But given that they're looking for patsies models, the word they're most likely trying to use is debutante.

If only we could ask Fred Dubetant directly.

Feb 12 13 12:38 pm Link

Model

stephanie scot

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Good points made. 99.99% sure its scam. I wonder how many people fall for this and give them their bank details!!

Feb 13 13 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

ThereseMariePhotography

Shelton, Washington, US

I got the same email.. This was after he first message me on FACEBOOK!!! Then I  emailed him and got this one too..

work for Average Advert and announced as a freelancer.

We are looking for pictures of Novis and amateurs on the internet that we can not afford to pay top professional models

My client is looking for an image that will be on its "International Calling Card Phone" billboard / poster to display in Western Europe.

Your image is what we want and that's the main reason why I contacted you. Your face will only appear on the display panel.

The total remuneration for employment is EUR10,000:00 or its equivalent in your currency and will be paid for a period of 4 to 6 months

Photos of the poster will be sent to you before it was launched in July.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please send some pictures of your face basically, to my mailbox directly ([email protected]) so that my client will be able to choose the perfect the poster. Once my client chose the image that he prefers the next thing is to treat your contract and payment.

Your photos will not be abused and we will make sure a contract is signed with you and you get paid before it is used. Once I get your picture in my email I will respond within 24 hours to let you know what the client says and what a picture has been selected.

Our site is under construction, very soon it will be launched.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you and good.

May 08 13 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

"Our site is under construction, very soon it will be launched."
How convenient!

May 08 13 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Beckley, West Virginia, US

We need a scam forum I think.  These same Nigerian scams come up in every forum every day.

May 08 13 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

David Nelson Photograph

Dallas, Texas, US

misscoyne wrote:

'I work for Dubetant Advertisement as a freelancer. We are looking for pictures of Novis, Amateurs llamas, Photographers, Comedians, and Actors on internet as we cannot afford to pay top professional llamas.

Their next step, is to send you a check you are to deposit in your checking account to use to buy plane tickets and a large down payment on your contract.  They will instruct you to purchase the tickets, take your down payment and sent the remainder to their MUA or other person.

Of  course what happens is that in a day or so their check bounces and you're out the money you paid for tickets (although they may be refundable), but you are certainly out the "remainder" of the money they theoretically sent to you.

May 08 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

glofoto

Nashville, Tennessee, US

misscoyne wrote:
I didnt even pick up on the mispelling, I was too overwhelmed. Thank you smile

That's exactly what they were counting on.

May 08 13 12:57 pm Link