Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > "How long has your hair been growing?"

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

"Since before I was born...."

This question was asked of me by the coordinator, last night, at figure drawing.  My response was immediate...hehehe.

The whole studio erupted with laughter.  He clarified his question, which made us all giggle more.  But according to him, there aren't many female art models with long hair.  At least not around here?

Also, it was requested that I sit for the University's classes, since I'm very curvy.  I know they don't often get curvy figure models.  Unfortunately, it's during the day, so I can't, really.  I've thought about it, though.  It pays more than what I make at my day job, so I could take a few hours of vacation, get paid for said hours, and then also make more than twice that for modeling.

Feb 20 13 07:29 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sounds like a good deal!

Feb 20 13 07:50 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Back when I was doing a LOT of figure drawing (like multiple sessions per week), I had long hair.

They often requested that it be pulled back from my face, or worn in a bun.

Feb 20 13 09:30 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Koryn Locke wrote:
Back when I was doing a LOT of figure drawing (like multiple sessions per week), I had long hair.

They often requested that it be pulled back from my face, or worn in a bun.

I switch it up...sometimes down, sometimes up.  I just try to make sure it's not hiding shapes and curves, UNLESS it's part of the actual shape and curve.

Feb 20 13 09:37 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

NicoleNudes wrote:
Sounds like a good deal!

Yeah, I really might.  I'll talk to the instructor and see how often she'd want me.

Thing is, I don't really want to use my vacation time that way.

Feb 20 13 09:38 am Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I keep wanting to chop my hair off, but I usually get booked because my hair is so long. Blehhh.

Feb 20 13 11:04 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Kitty LaRose wrote:
I keep wanting to chop my hair off, but I usually get booked because my hair is so long. Blehhh.

Oh, I won't cut my hair, other than trimming.  I have, however, considered letting my pubic hair grow back.

Feb 20 13 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Wildcat Photography

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

2 years this month...starting at 1/2" long back then...not even a trim.

Looking to donate it to have a cancer wig made for a woman.

Everyone has to do something to help someone they will never know...

Wildcat

Feb 20 13 11:08 am Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Houston, Arkansas, US

Long time, it is now almost down to my waist  smile

Feb 21 13 12:13 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Jennifer Barker wrote:
Long time, it is now almost down to my waist  smile

I just got mine trimmed a couple of weeks ago.  It is now UP to my waist...LOL.

Feb 21 13 04:17 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Kitty LaRose wrote:

It's beautiful long

Feb 21 13 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

The day after I graduated HS in 1987

Feb 21 13 07:15 am Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

Chris Rifkin wrote:
It's beautiful long

It's also a heavy mess when it's long big_smile Thank you.

Feb 21 13 12:36 pm Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

DivaEroticus wrote:
Oh, I won't cut my hair, other than trimming.  I have, however, considered letting my pubic hair grow back.

Ugh, props to you! I can't stand regrowth itchiness.

Feb 21 13 12:37 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Kitty LaRose wrote:

Ugh, props to you! I can't stand regrowth itchiness.

Oh, I didn't say I was, I said I'm considering...LOL.  I can't stand the itch when it's between shaves.  The thing is, the art modeling.  That's the main reason I'm considering.

Feb 21 13 12:41 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Kitty LaRose wrote:

It's also a heavy mess when it's long big_smile Thank you.

Mine is so fine that it weighs nothing, even when wet.  It's just a tangled mess, like...even thirty seconds after I brush it.

Feb 21 13 12:42 pm Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

DivaEroticus wrote:
Oh, I didn't say I was, I said I'm considering...LOL.  I can't stand the itch when it's between shaves.  The thing is, the art modeling.  That's the main reason I'm considering.

Yeah. I like making shapes when I shave...but other than that, I haven't been "au naturalle" since high school. tongue

Feb 21 13 12:45 pm Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

DivaEroticus wrote:
Mine is so fine that it weighs nothing, even when wet.  It's just a tangled mess, like...even thirty seconds after I brush it.

Luck-y! Mine is soooooo heavy! I have to thin my hair every other month just to keep the migraines at bay.

Feb 21 13 12:46 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Jealous of all the long, long pretty hair in this post.

Mine starts breaking right at about jawbone length.

I managed to get it to grow out to shoulder length, once.......only to discover I look like crap with longer hair.

So I shall admire all the pretty long haired ladies in this post. Please do not be alarmed by my occasional creepy hair pets big_smile

Feb 21 13 07:46 pm Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

Paige Morgan wrote:

I managed to get it to grow out to shoulder length, once.......only to discover I look like crap with longer hair.

So I shall admire all the pretty long haired ladies in this post. Please do not be alarmed by my occasional creepy hair pets big_smile

Me + short hair = catastrophic. I absolutely ADORE shorter hairstyles...but when I get mine chopped, I regret it within 48 hours every.single.time. But man, I do love shorter hairstyles.

Feb 21 13 10:26 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Paige Morgan wrote:

I'll find a picture somewhere of me with short hair.  I could sit on my hair until I was 12, then I got it cut in a pixie.  I kept it short until about 2000, then started just letting it grow.

I do like certain short styles, but I really will never cut my hair unless it's beyond hideous on me as an old lady...LOL.

Feb 22 13 04:27 am Link

Photographer

Shutterbug5269

Herkimer, New York, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

This question was asked of me by the coordinator, last night, at figure drawing.  My response was immediate...hehehe.

The whole studio erupted with laughter.  He clarified his question, which made us all giggle more.  But according to him, there aren't many female art models with long hair.  At least not around here?

Also, it was requested that I sit for the University's classes, since I'm very curvy.  I know they don't often get curvy figure models.  Unfortunately, it's during the day, so I can't, really.  I've thought about it, though.  It pays more than what I make at my day job, so I could take a few hours of vacation, get paid for said hours, and then also make more than twice that for modeling.

To hear my mother tell it I was born with a full head of hair so I guess mine has been growing since BEFORE my birth!

Lol

Feb 23 13 10:17 am Link

Model

Heather LeStabbityDeath

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I am trying to make mine super long again! It's getting there!

Feb 23 13 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

The whole studio erupted with laughter.  He clarified his question, which made us all giggle more.

This has a lot to do with why I love you so much

Feb 25 13 10:49 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Star Child wrote:

This has a lot to do with why I love you so much

borat

Feb 25 13 12:49 pm Link