Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Haven't been really awake in a week or so

Model

Babalon Salome

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

I haven't been properly awake in a week or so. No amount of caffeine helps. I sleep all night, then sleep all day when I can; if I can't, which is often the case, then I am just really, really tired all the time so that I can barely keep my eyes open, and ergo can't really think or do much of anything (though with all the stuff I have to do and all the responsibility I have at the moment I should be ridiculously busy).

There have been comparable phases in my life but never when I've had that much responsibility or that much to do (I've never had that before).

I have lucid dreams that I really enjoy. I've found that I can wake up for a few minutes, go to the bathroom or whatever, then go back to sleep and the dream picks up in the same place that I can then continue to explore. Awesome. But then I have slept for 16 hours or so and I feel fucked up and I am still really, really tired. Other days I can only sleep for 6 hours or so and I am just as tired.

I am wondering what it is. Escapism (am I in over my head)? Depression (which I have a substantial history of)? The fucked up weather (it's been snowing for two weeks)? What to do? I won't see my therapist for a few more days and it's really wearing me down.

Anyone else ever had that problem? Do you know what caused it? What did you do about it?

Sigh...

Mar 24 13 06:29 pm Link

Model

Sophia Be

Portland, Oregon, US

When my thyroid went out of whack, I had a very similar experience. It lasted until they leveled it out with meds, now I am way less tired.

Could be so many things though, you should really see a doctor about it. Any other symptoms?

Mar 24 13 08:58 pm Link

Model

Babalon Salome

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Sophia Be wrote:
When my thyroid went out of whack, I had a very similar experience. It lasted until they leveled it out with meds, now I am way less tired.

Could be so many things though, you should really see a doctor about it. Any other symptoms?

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have that checked out.

I am anaemic and ran out of my iron supplements a week or so ago and kept forgetting to get any. I got it yesterday and already feel a bit better. Still very tired, though.

Mar 25 13 03:54 am Link

Model

Sophia Be

Portland, Oregon, US

Babalon Salome wrote:

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have that checked out.

I am anaemic and ran out of my iron supplements a week or so ago and kept forgetting to get any. I got it yesterday and already feel a bit better. Still very tired, though.

Thyroid problems also affect your bodies ability to absorb iron, vitamin B, D, and other nutrients. I was extremely vit deficient before they put me on supplements and got my thyroid under control. Definitely a good idea to have that checked IMO.

Good luck, hope you feel 100% soon smile

Mar 30 13 05:26 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Babalon Salome wrote:
I haven't been properly awake in a week or so. No amount of caffeine helps. I sleep all night, then sleep all day when I can; if I can't, which is often the case, then I am just really, really tired all the time so that I can barely keep my eyes open, and ergo can't really think or do much of anything (though with all the stuff I have to do and all the responsibility I have at the moment I should be ridiculously busy).

There have been comparable phases in my life but never when I've had that much responsibility or that much to do (I've never had that before).

I have lucid dreams that I really enjoy. I've found that I can wake up for a few minutes, go to the bathroom or whatever, then go back to sleep and the dream picks up in the same place that I can then continue to explore. Awesome. But then I have slept for 16 hours or so and I feel fucked up and I am still really, really tired. Other days I can only sleep for 6 hours or so and I am just as tired.

I am wondering what it is. Escapism (am I in over my head)? Depression (which I have a substantial history of)? The fucked up weather (it's been snowing for two weeks)? What to do? I won't see my therapist for a few more days and it's really wearing me down.

Anyone else ever had that problem? Do you know what caused it? What did you do about it?

Sigh...

Well, I'm not a doctor and have no life experience, but it sounds a lot like my depression/sleep thing. I sleep as much as possible and have crazy dreams like that. Not exactly lucid, but extremely real, way too many, and just https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngsometimes. But again, I'm just offering all I know.

Mar 30 13 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

I'm sorry if I my response seems a little harsh but....

... why do you ask these questions in what is basically an internet chat room instead of urgently seeing your Doctor and asking him?

Mar 31 13 03:42 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

There are so many causes of fatigue that it's almost pointless to ask us. See a doctor, get your blood tests, etc.

Possible causes:

1. Vitamin deficiencies
2. Mineral deficiencies
3. Sleep apnea
4. Anemia
5. Depression
6. Interrupted sleep (many causes; for example, a change in the pattern of background noises during the night)
7. Stress
8. Allergies
9. Lack of exercise
10. Poor nutrition

etc.

I'm currently dealing with a bad spell of fatigue myself. In the last week I've started taking vitamin B12 and D3 supplements and doing a bit of exercise. I'm seeing a definite improvement already, but I'm still not where I want to be.

Mar 31 13 04:52 am Link