Forums > Critique > your opinion on these images? (sorta nsfw)

Model

Axioma

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

So a photographer I respect adviced against using these in my portfolio. I personally did like most of them, so I wanted to hear some other thoughts.
Thanks smile!

(Constructive please!)

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130325/13/5150b6b4e0454_m.jpg

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32112505 (nipple)

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32112255 (topless)

Mar 26 13 06:04 am Link

Photographer

Richard Majerski

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

They all look fine to me.I prefer the set of vertical images.They look very stylish and elegant and classic and you really embodied the vibe and mood.

Mar 26 13 06:11 am Link

Photographer

jesse paulk

Phoenix, Arizona, US

why would you want to take them out? is it because theres no bed in them? tongue

Mar 26 13 06:21 am Link

Photographer

You-In-The-Lens

Grays, England, United Kingdom

Nice set of photos,vet stylish and the nipple ones i find to be much stronger.

That is my view on them,well done you and photographer

Mar 26 13 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Nothing terrible about them, they are well done but you do have stronger images in your port. Maybe that is why.

Mar 26 13 06:32 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Love the middle two especially the one on the left.
And in the bottom two I love the bottom one

Mar 26 13 07:20 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Very lovely portraits, all of them smile

Mar 26 13 08:23 am Link

Photographer

SKITA Studios

Boston, Massachusetts, US

left nipple image doesn't look great because your hand/arm looks freakishly big/short...right image looks like you're missing both arms from the lighting (might be ok if cropped tighter)

top boob image makes your arm look big and back look bulged....bottom image doesn't have much of an expression (almost like an "I'm testing lights, look this way" image :-)

I like the styling...just that the lighting/posing killed the images...sorry... :-(

I'd agree you have stronger stuff in your port...

Mar 26 13 08:31 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Axioma wrote:

For the top one -- once the nose breaks the cheek line you should go all the way to a true profile. Also I don't like the tangent of the lips against the cheeks.

Might seem like a photographer comment, but I say it since you have editing power over your portfolio...

Mar 26 13 08:37 am Link

Photographer

paragonfl

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I don't ever like a model to have multi pics in 1 image...
MUAs before and after is OK, but no where else.
The bottom link, bottom image - topless - needs better composition.
The other 3 as individual images look fine. IMHO

Mar 26 13 08:40 am Link

Photographer

mgburke

Charlottesville, Virginia, US

not bad
just a little to contrasty for my taste

Mar 26 13 08:44 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

The Space Cowboy wrote:

For the top one -- once the nose breaks the cheek line you should go all the way to a true profile. Also I don't like the tangent of the lips against the cheeks.

Might seem like a photographer comment, but I say it since you have editing power over your portfolio...

Actually similar comment for the very top one as well.

Mar 26 13 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Innovative Imagery

I think they add variety to your portfolio.

Mar 26 13 09:08 am Link

Model

Axioma

I'll ignore the unconstructive bullshit comments and thank the rest for taking a look and for the opinions, that was great smile!

Mar 26 13 09:16 am Link

Model

Axioma

SKITA Studios wrote:
left nipple image doesn't look great because your hand/arm looks freakishly big/short...right image looks like you're missing both arms from the lighting (might be ok if cropped tighter)

top boob image makes your arm look big and back look bulged....bottom image doesn't have much of an expression (almost like an "I'm testing lights, look this way" image :-)

I like the styling...just that the lighting/posing killed the images...sorry... :-(

I'd agree you have stronger stuff in your port...

that's a little overdramatic isn't it lol.

Mar 26 13 09:22 am Link

Photographer

4 R D

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Axioma wrote:
So a photographer I respect adviced against using these in my portfolio. I personally did like most of them, so I wanted to hear some other thoughts.
Thanks smile!

(Constructive please!)

Chances are that responses here will be from photographers you do not respect. smile Anyway, here comes my opinion...

About this picture:

https://modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32111069

You have a beautiful jaw line, but the angle is not equally flattering for your nose, which also blocks your right eye. I love what you did with your mouth here, makes me want a kiss. The cropping is an issue. We cannot see your hair, nor the jewelry on your chest. It is not quite a headshot where your face would fill the frame, nor a three-quarters portrait where we would see more of your chest. Makes me wish the photographer had filled the frame with your amazing neck and jaw line and nothing else.

About this picture:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32112505 (nipple)

Picture one, I love your pose here but your hand does not look good. I think there is too much structure/shadow detail that magnify the natural lines we all have in our hands and wrists. The crop is super-tight. Your hair almost touches the top border, your hand almost touches the left border, your nipple almost touches the bottom border. The hair in particular needed more room to be shown more effectively.

Picture two, like in the very first, your head is turned just a little too much or not enough to your right depending on whether this is supposed to show your face at three-quarters or your profile. Again, your nose blocks partially your eye. These issues in particular are responsibility of the photographer who should notice them and direct you to make minor adjustments. Finally, the frame is tight at the sides, cropping your top. These pictures are supposed to show off the clothes too.

About this picture:

Picture one, love your face and hair. I think this is the one that nails your profile angle the best from this lot. Your arm, shoulder and back do not look good though. I probably would have asked you to keep the pose from your neck up while trying to do something else with your shoulder, probably pushing it back to get a better view of the top you had on. Again, cropping/composition issues. This probably needed to be in portrait -vertical- orientation. I do not need to see all that stuff at the right in fact, you would not need to change the pose at all had this been framed properly in vertical. It would be the strongest easily.

Picture two, your expression seems a little off, does not look natural. Cropping is too tight on your breasts and hair. Either needed more room to work in landscape format or simply going with portrait orientation for a more effective composition.

Mar 26 13 05:07 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I like all of them, honestly.

My favourite was this one: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32112505

Mar 26 13 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

glamourit

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

you gotta wonder where this advice is coming from... "criticism is prejudice made plausible" , H.L. Mencken ...constructive criticism changes all of that. The mere fact that it's all gotta go...certainly is a clue to the critics mindset ...your are dynamic...
and it shows in the quality ...and diversity of your work...trust yourself...and continue to hone your craft...but don't discard your accomplishments.good luck

Mar 26 13 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

MichaelClements

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Pffff what a muppet, definite keepers!

Mar 26 13 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Ashley Holloway

Lutz, Florida, US

I like the second set the best, they look like great images to me smile

Mar 26 13 05:52 pm Link

Photographer