Model

Santa Perle

Horsens, Midtjylland, Denmark

yes please

Mar 06 14 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Klinefelter

Steger, Illinois, US

Hi, If you're still doing these, I'd love an honest critique, as I am still pretty new at this. Thanks!

Mar 09 14 12:09 pm Link

Model

david mclaughlin

Edison, New Jersey, US

Yes thatd be cool, thanks!

Mar 12 14 01:40 pm Link

Model

BrittanyZebraa

Long Beach, California, US

Can you do mine too if it's not too much of a hassle?(:

Mar 13 14 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Studio 17B

Waterdown, Ontario, Canada

Been shooting p/t for under so I'll take my lumps

Mar 18 14 08:18 pm Link

Model

Haley_Rachael

Austin, Texas, US

Hey Ron! I'd love your advice! If you have any suggestions on which pics to keep or throw out I'd like to know!

Mar 19 14 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Shayne F

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'd love to hear what you think smile

Mar 21 14 12:29 pm Link

Model

Hellen Makaryan

Glendale, California, US

Me please! I know it doesn't have a lot of variety cause I just started, but feedback and tips would be appreciated.

Mar 21 14 03:25 pm Link

Model

Elesha Eden

London, England, United Kingdom

hiya
its been a long time, any improvement from last summer ?
Elesha
x

Mar 22 14 05:40 am Link

Model

Eve Liu

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Just starting out. Would love to know what should go.

Jun 06 14 12:56 am Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Haley Atx wrote:
Hey Ron! I'd love your advice! If you have any suggestions on which pics to keep or throw out I'd like to know!

Check your messages.

Jun 25 14 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Elesha Eden wrote:
hiya
its been a long time, any improvement from last summer ?
Elesha
x

A lot of your images could be in fashion magazines.  I'd say that's an improvement!   You really are looking amazing.  If you ever come to Chicago, I'd love to do an Urban Portrait Series (dancersoffstage.com) shoot with you.

Ron

Jun 25 14 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Bolton Photography

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

if you're still in the mood to critique......

Jun 26 14 05:37 am Link

Model

Tremmy

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya

Tremmy smile

Jun 29 14 03:56 am Link

Photographer

RaymondAnthonyPhoto

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Take a gander I need some cc in my life!

Jun 29 14 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Sean Henry

Los Angeles, California, US

ove to hear your feedback
Sean

Jun 29 14 12:10 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

fo' sho'

Jun 29 14 02:57 pm Link

Model

Annie S

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Have I been here? Anyway, a lot has changed! Let me know!

Jul 01 14 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

KeithWJordan

Boynton Beach, Florida, US

Not sure if you're still going but I recently cleaned up my port and would like your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Jul 07 14 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Go for it Ron.

Jul 08 14 02:55 am Link

Retoucher

bobunnderwood

Walhalla, South Carolina, US

Im game but would like feed back that can help me improve

Jul 08 14 06:57 am Link

Model

Azlyn

Spartanburg, South Carolina, US

If you're still providing feedback I'd be more than greatful for a critique.

Jul 10 14 07:34 am Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Azlyn wrote:
If you're still providing feedback I'd be more than greatful for a critique.

Azlyn,

You have a really nice look for the camera, and you have some stellar images in your port.  You also have some crap in there that needs to be replaced. 

First row, first and second shots look good.  Third and fourth are bad.  The third shot is poorly exposed and thus is not flattering for you.  I could keep the fourth shot, your eyes come across well in that one, love the color, but it's just not popping the way I would want it to.

SEcond row, the second one is a keeper.  I really like the concepts of the other three, but the photog just didn't pull these shots off.  Trash 'em.

Third row, I don't think I'd keep any.  The first shot just is a really bad angle that does you no favors and it really just comes across slutty instead of a glamour look.  Second shot, photog was experimenting with water and light or he would have known how to make that shot pop and sizzle.  Great concept, poor execution on his part.  Third shot, same thing.  That light box or whatever you're sitting on makes your butt look flat.  That sucks.  I love the light here on you, I love the hair in your face, and I really love the color of your tats.  But the butt just kills it for me.  Who wants a flat butt?  I can't even comment on the fourth pic.  Please delete it immediately.

Fourth row, only pic, it's a keeper.

Despite your tats and sex appeal, you come across well as the girl next door.  You do concepts well.  I think you should continue to pursue this, and find more photographers who are even better than the good ones you've worked with so far.

Aug 02 14 09:28 pm Link

Model

Pauline Yee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ron,
  I have posted in your thread before. You told me you would not mind looking at some new pics. Would you look at my portfolio again as it has changed quite a bit. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Aug 02 14 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

JDM Photographer

Kenmore, New York, US

How is my port

Thanks

Aug 02 14 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Pauline Yee wrote:
Ron,
  I have posted in your thread before. You told me you would not mind looking at some new pics. Would you look at my portfolio again as it has changed quite a bit. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Pauline, I remember going through your port from before, but I don't remember your portfolio looking this good.  It's really a kick-ass port now that shows well for swimsuit, fitness and editorial.   I would definitely want to hire you.

Having said that, there are three pictures here that are glaringly bad.  1, 1st pic in the second row, blue bikini.  Light is bad, posture is bad, hair is bad, and right arm is missing.  Toss it.  2, 1st pic in the fourth row.  Rings around your eyes from bad lighting, and that outfit vest thing you're wearing is unflattering and not doing you any favors.  Toss it.  3, head shot, only pic in the bottom row.  I can't even put my finger on what all I don't like about it.  The blown highlights on your face from the light?  I don't know, but get rid of it.

Aug 11 14 10:48 pm Link

Model

Pauline Yee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi Ron,

Thank-you very, very much for the great feedback!

Aug 12 14 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

I'd love your opinion.

Aug 12 14 03:25 am Link

Model

melissa brouwers

Bree, Limburg, Belgium

Go ahead!

Aug 12 14 03:26 am Link

Photographer

glamourit

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

exactly…Please.

Aug 13 14 07:54 am Link

Model

Fiona Scarlett

Los Angeles, California, US

yes please!! smile

Aug 13 14 07:21 pm Link

Model

Kandy Vert

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would like your opinion too please smile

Thanks in advance!!!

Aug 13 14 09:58 pm Link

Model

Summer Girl

Walnut Creek, California, US

I know this is an old post but if you ever have some time to spare I'd appreciate you having a look also! Great suggestions here
Thanks

Aug 14 14 12:51 am Link

Model

Layla_B

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Hi Ron,
First; love your avi!
I'd appreciate some feedback from you if you're still going smile.

Thankyou!

Aug 14 14 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Layla_B wrote:
Hi Ron,
First; love your avi!
I'd appreciate some feedback from you if you're still going smile.

Thankyou!

Hi Layla,

It's always a good start when you compliment my avi!   :-)

I like what you have to say in your Profile.  Reading that, I want to reach out to you to ask for a collaboration.

As for your port, the picture for your avi is artistically amazing.  I just love what was captured there, it represents you well.   However, that's probably the only shot in the first row I'd want you to keep.  That first shot, I get it, you want to show that you have some runway experience, but that white thing you're wearing does you no favors.  The second photo is the one shot that I'd marginally consider keeping.  Technically, it's not that strong, but it does show your dancing/jumping ability.  The fourth shot would work well in telling part of a story in a series of pictures, but standing alone in a model gallery, just doesn't work for me.

Second row.  First pic/concept is pretty cool.  Second shot is a bit too low-key/dark for me, but I still like the image well.  And it shows you can do pointe, too.  The third and fourth shots are really edgy, very cool, and shows a different side of you.  Love those!

Third row.  First pic, I don't think the direct sunlight is flattering for you.  I'd dump it.  2nd and 3rd shots are very nice, and keep showing a different part of what you can do.  4th shot, does that go with the fourth shot in the first row?  Again, I don't know what it does for you in a model gallery.  Just not a fan of it.

Fourth row.  First pic is just exquisite, sexy, and just a great pose and lovely lighting.  Love this shot!   Second shot is good, and third shot is a really really nice girl-next-door headshot. 

I think you have a lot of potential, and I look forward to seeing how your portfolio continues to develop.

Aug 14 14 08:46 pm Link

Model

MissKatieMarie

Sarasota, Florida, US

I'm still a little new but sure!

Aug 14 14 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

MissKatieMarie wrote:
I'm still a little new but sure!

Seriously, Miss Katie?!  Your work is absolutely sick!  Your face and expressions were made for commercial photography.  If this is what you've done when you call yourself inexperienced, I can't wait to see what you do with a little experience!

You really have an amazing look.   I'd dump the railroad shot, but everything else in there is a keeper.  The railroad shot, the lighting is just not effective on you, and for whatever else reasons, it just doesn't work for me.   I'd re-upload that last pic.  It really shows a different side of you, but it's sideways. 

You ever come to Chicago, please let me know!   :-)

Aug 15 14 08:12 am Link

Photographer

SEAK Photography

Abbeville, Alabama, US

You still offering critiques? I'd love to get your feedback

Aug 15 14 08:28 am Link