Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > "do you have any jeans?

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

in 24mo or 2T boys?" This is what I asked the sales chick at Kohls, today, and I show her something similar what I'm looking for-- nice, dark rinse skinny jeans, but I only found them in 2T for girls.

And she shows me whitewashed carpenter style pants with that ugly elastic waist. =_= The same jeans that Goodwill sells for $2.95, haha. I was like, no, I'm looking for something a little nicer than that. And she looks at me and she's like "Nicer than these?" Referring the the ugly whitewashed redneck jeans like they were baby Dior or something lol Then she asked me if I "was sure" that I didn't really want shorts. facepalm And again I wave the dark rinse girls jeans up to show her the style I was looking for, and she's like "But those are girls.."

neutral No shit, really?? That would be why I'm asking if you have any dark rinse skinny jeans for boys. Ya think?

Then she shows me khakis and I'm like...
https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcf0uwGJQr1re3w7ro1_400.gif

I was polite and nice and said thanks anyway and walked off. But the whole thing reminded me of whenever you go into a shoe store and ask a clerk if they have x shoe in size 8, or whatever, and they come back wielding a size 7 and ask if "that would work," as though you've cut off your toes in the time it took them to go look in the backstore inventory and come back. tongue

Apr 25 13 04:24 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Wellllll, we don't have your size, but we have this toddler dress?

I always wanna be like "OH, do you also sell sandwich bread?" because it's just as fucking related.

Apr 25 13 04:28 pm Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Seattle, Washington, US

Damianne wrote:

I always wanna be like "OH, do you also sell sandwich bread?" because it's just as fucking related.

Seriously. You should have asked if she had the white elastic jeans in your size. "Oh? No? Then can we get back to my original question?"

Apr 25 13 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/jcp_2012_logo_detail.gif

~just sayin'~

Apr 25 13 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Damianne wrote:

hahaha right? and i had to say thats ok thanks anyway like 3 times before she left me alone!

Apr 25 13 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:
Seriously. You should have asked if she had the white elastic jeans in your size. "Oh? No? Then can we get back to my original question?"

lol Right?? I was this close to being like... "Seriously? Seriously. You really are that dense? Really?" But I didn't lol

But seriously, how does:

https://i39.tinypic.com/4q4vg5.jpg

look ANYTHING like:
https://www.kidsandjeans.com/store/images/D/Wrangler%20cargo%20jeans%20(2)_opt.jpg

Apr 25 13 09:14 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Just buy the girls.  Provided they don't have any like frill stuff on them.  It's the exact same sizing for toddlers.

Apr 26 13 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

The Original Sin  wrote:
Just buy the girls.  Provided they don't have any like frill stuff on them.  It's the exact same sizing for toddlers.

Really? I thought girls pants were cut a little differently in the front crotch? He does have stubby legs though, so i did buy him some gender neutral green girls shorts that fit him better than the same size in boys- boy shorts always look too long on him.

Apr 26 13 06:59 am Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Becks wrote:
https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcf0uwGJQr1re3w7ro1_400.gif

lol

I have that problem when I try to buy bras. "Are you sure you don't want this size? It's the same... just in a smaller cup. And bigger band. So not really the same thing. But that's what you want, right? Right?"

Buying children's clothing is like a mission impossible. It's never the right size/ style!

Apr 29 13 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Sierra Sunshine wrote:
lol

I have that problem when I try to buy bras. "Are you sure you don't want this size? It's the same... just in a smaller cup. And bigger band. So not really the same thing. But that's what you want, right? Right?"

Buying children's clothing is like a mission impossible. It's never the right size/ style!

SMDH. I refuse to shop for bras in the store. Try having big boobs and trying to convince a sales rep that no, you REALLY REALLY DON'T want a padded bra, really! facepalm

And, yes, childrens clothes are ridiculously hard to find. I'm trying to stay away from cutesy one liner tshirts and those ugly jeans with the elastic waist, but it's hard to find cute, nice looking kids clothes on the cheap-- Goodwill is AWESOME if you go to one that is not predominantly funded by donations from rednecks or holdouts from 1985 (every so often, I see a light denim onesie or colorblock sweatpants that make me cringe in horror). My current mission is dark rinse skinny jeans but I've been SOL so far, all the stores have gone to "summer stock". I did get these two outfits this weekend, which I thought was cute for summer.

https://i40.tinypic.com/8wipno.jpg

edit:

just threw this together for him:
https://i44.tinypic.com/6g94ax.jpg
https://i40.tinypic.com/2m77ujp.jpg

Apr 29 13 10:15 pm Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love Goodwill! It's a cove of years passed, definitely! You just have to take a peek at their wedding dresses for a flashback of epic proportion. I love the shorts with the whale shirt, good finds! I remember how hard it was to get a bathing suit for a child I babysat last August, they had virtually nothing and had to check the stock in the back for any pair of swimming trunks. Their versions of "seasons" definitely don't correspond with the rest of the world's!

And I'm a DD 34, the bras I get still have pockets for padding. Really?

Apr 29 13 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Sierra Sunshine wrote:
I love Goodwill! It's a cove of years passed, definitely! You just have to take a peek at their wedding dresses for a flashback of epic proportion. I love the shorts with the whale shirt, good finds! I remember how hard it was to get a bathing suit for a child I babysat last August, they had virtually nothing and had to check the stock in the back for any pair of swimming trunks. Their versions of "seasons" definitely don't correspond with the rest of the world's!

And I'm a DD 34, the bras I get still have pockets for padding. Really?

OMG I had the same problem last year, I could NOT find my nephew swim trunks that fit. Then finally, I found some at a yard sale, never worn, and got them for $1. And it was right after he stopped having the first year growth spurts, so he can still fit them fine this summer since they're 24mo (he started out wearing two or three sizes bigger than his age, but it slowed and now he's actually skinny for his age and still wears 24mo/2T).

And yeah, I wear a DDD and it's like neutral Really. Really? Do I look like I need even bigger looking tits?

Apr 29 13 10:48 pm Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Seattle, Washington, US

Becks wrote:
SMDH. I refuse to shop for bras in the store. Try having big boobs and trying to convince a sales rep that no, you REALLY REALLY DON'T want a padded bra, really! facepalm

Obviously my bewbs are on the internet, so you can see how ridiculous this story is.
I was once told by a Victoria's Secret employee that I was either a "32 A or a 32 AA". I got properly measured at a legitimate boutique and I'm truly a 30DDD. A 32D makes my bewbs pop and look all sexy and glamour-y.
It was hard to keep a straight face when she measured me and told me that. That was when I stopped shopping there.

[edit] a bunch of ninja edits

Apr 29 13 10:49 pm Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Seattle, Washington, US

Becks wrote:

OMG I had the same problem last year, I could NOT find my nephew swim trunks that fit. Then finally, I found some at a yard sale, never worn, and got them for $1. And it was right after he stopped having the first year growth spurts, so he can still fit them fine this summer since they're 24mo (he started out wearing two or three sizes bigger than his age, but it slowed and now he's actually skinny for his age and still wears 24mo/2T).

And yeah, I wear a DDD and it's like neutral Really. Really? Do I look like I need even bigger looking tits?

ARE YOU NOT A FUNCTIONING WOMAN OF SOCIETY
HOW COULD U NOT WANT TEH BIGGER BEWBEHS
U R OBVS DISFUNKTIONUL AND SHULD BE RETURNED 2 TEH BABY JEEBUS FOR A REBOOT

Apr 29 13 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:

Obviously my bewbs are on the internet, so you can see how ridiculous this story is.
I was once told by a Victoria's Secret employee that I was either a "32 A or a 32 AA". I got properly measured at a legitimate boutique and I'm truly a 30DDD. A 32D makes my bewbs pop and look all sexy and glamour-y.
It was hard to keep a straight face when she measured me and told me that. That was when I stopped shopping there.

[edit] a bunch of ninja edits

ahahahahaahahaha! funny story time:

okay, so I have an auntie who is very tiny framed, and very very flat chested. And when she was pregnant with her eldest daughter, she went into a maternity store and inquired about a size AA maternity bra, and the lady was like "Oh, you usually go up a size when you're breast feeding!" and my aunt had to be like "I did!" lol

Apr 29 13 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:

ARE YOU NOT A FUNCTIONING WOMAN OF SOCIETY
HOW COULD U NOT WANT TEH BIGGER BEWBEHS
U R OBVS DISFUNKTIONUL AND SHULD BE RETURNED 2 TEH BABY JEEBUS FOR A REBOOT

CRAI. BUT. I JUST WANT A NICE C CUP. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

Apr 29 13 10:57 pm Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Becks wrote:
ahahahahaahahaha! funny story time:

okay, so I have an auntie who is very tiny framed, and very very flat chested. And when she was pregnant with her eldest daughter, she went into a maternity store and inquired about a size AA maternity bra, and the lady was like "Oh, you usually go up a size when you're breast feeding!" and my aunt had to be like "I did!" lol

lol

It's impossible to find bras without at least pockets for padding, even in the D section. I use the pockets as a wallet for carrying around my money lol I have a friend who didn't need to wear a bra until she got pregnant, she had a similar response from maternity sales people. "You'll get bigger, honey!" "This is me big!!"

And then when it comes to our sizes, we still must want them bigger!  *headdesk*

Apr 29 13 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Sierra Sunshine wrote:

lol

It's impossible to find bras without at least pockets for padding, even in the D section. I use the pockets as a wallet for carrying around my money lol I have a friend who didn't need to wear a bra until she got pregnant, she had a similar response from maternity sales people. "You'll get bigger, honey!" "This is me big!!"

And then when it comes to our sizes, we still must want them bigger!  *headdesk*

facepalm my favorite is when they flat out try to argue with you. "Most girls with bigger breasts LOVE padding!" Where are these mystical creatures, seriously, because every girl I've met with big boobs has prefered nonpadded every time!

Apr 29 13 11:23 pm Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Becks wrote:

facepalm my favorite is when they flat out try to argue with you. "Most girls with bigger breasts LOVE padding!" Where are these mystical creatures, seriously, because every girl I've met with big boobs has prefered nonpadded every time!

Seriously! And the amount of padding we supposedly want is equivalent to the actual amount of breast going into the damn thing! As if I want DDDD's!

Apr 29 13 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Sierra Sunshine wrote:

Seriously! And the amount of padding we supposedly want is equivalent to the actual amount of breast going into the damn thing! As if I want DDDD's!

I have one padded bra that I call the Chamber of Secrets because it always feels like my boobs are in prison when I wear it lol

Apr 29 13 11:30 pm Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Becks wrote:
I have one padded bra that I call the Chamber of Secrets because it always feels like my boobs are in prison when I wear it lol

lol every shirt I own is a boob shirt, or a turtleneck. There's no in-between! It's like clevage ahoy, or nothing!

Apr 29 13 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Sierra Sunshine wrote:

lol every shirt I own is a boob shirt, or a turtleneck. There's no in-between! It's like clevage ahoy, or nothing!

I refuse to wear V-neck shirts, they give me more cleavage than I swear my buttcrack has! lol (I have a flat ass).

Apr 30 13 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

sad I hate summer. mad It's become a nigh impossible mission to find dark rinse skinny jeans. The best I could throw together so far was this outfit lol

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/tilhellfreezesover/c2cb1a0b-62bd-4fbb-ba63-9a17d46169c0.jpg

May 16 13 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Becks wrote:

*chants & waves sign*
Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs!

May 17 13 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Jim Ball wrote:

*chants & waves sign*
Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs! Free Becks Boobs!

lol

NO! THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS MUST NEVER BE OPENED!

May 17 13 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Becks wrote:
lol

NO! THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS MUST NEVER BE OPENED!

*hurriedly re-writes message on sign and starts new chant*

No More Secrets! No More Secrets! No More Secrets! No More Secrets! No More Secrets!

All must be revealed! All must be revealed! All must be revealed! All must be revealed!

May 17 13 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Jim Ball wrote:

*hurriedly re-writes message on sign and starts new chant*

No More Secrets! No More Secrets! No More Secrets! No More Secrets! No More Secrets!

All must be revealed! All must be revealed! All must be revealed! All must be revealed!

lol  I love that my boobs are still a subject of contention on MM, six years later.

May 18 13 07:54 am Link