Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Heading to Denver soon. Staying downtown right near the 16th street mall. I know the town pretty well, but any info from locals is always welcome.

Favorite places -- lucky Pie, Star Bar, falling rock, rock bottom. Could use a few more eateries.

Jul 05 13 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Robb Mann wrote:
Heading to Denver soon. Staying downtown right near the 16th street mall. I know the town pretty well, but any info from locals is always welcome.

Favorite places -- lucky Pie, Star Bar, falling rock, rock bottom. Could use a few more eateries.

Good breakfast at Le Peep.

Good calzones at Mile High Pizza Pie.

Good ice cream at Liks.

Jul 06 13 08:41 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Aside: I'm excited about August.

/threadjack

Jul 07 13 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
Aside: I'm excited about August.

/threadjack

Me too. We just have to remember to take some pictures and not just drink awesome beer.

Jul 07 13 09:12 am Link

Model

Koryn

Robb Mann wrote:

Me too. We just have to remember to take some pictures and not just drink awesome beer.

lolz. I like beer, but I'm not one of those people who can drink it all day. Two or so is about my limit.

However, I am doing a more mainstream-y/commercial shoot in Philadelphia, for which I need to drop a little fat. Means I can't drink ANY beer til after it's over, so any drinks I have while I'm with you will, most likely, be my first in a month. I'll enjoy it a lot more. Beer will go from wonderful to extraordinary by the time I get to Maryland.

Jul 07 13 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

lolz. I like beer, but I'm not one of those people who can drink it all day. Two or so is about my limit.

However, I am doing a more mainstream-y/commercial shoot in Philadelphia, for which I need to drop a little fat. Means I can't drink ANY beer til after it's over, so any drinks I have while I'm with you will, most likely, be my first in a month. I'll enjoy it a lot more. Beer will go from wonderful to extraordinary by the time I get to Maryland.

your fat % is what now?  11?

Jul 07 13 01:00 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Damon Banner wrote:

your fat % is what now?  11?

Nah, I'm at like 22%. I prefer to be below 20%, like 16-17%, for photos. I've been so stressed out for the past six months, I let my health slip a lot. I'm still in ridiculous shape, for an average 30 year old American woman, but I'm wearing a size eight pants right now. That's about ten extra pounds of ass I prefer not to have.

Jul 07 13 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

pshawl!

Jul 07 13 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

The Egg and I is a good place for breakfast, too. Denver Museum of Natural History is really pretty good if you like that kind of stuff, and I sure do. We've enjoyed going up and down the free 16th Street shuttles and the shopping and eateries there. The Tattered Cover is a pretty good bookstore, although a shadow of its former mighty self.

Jul 08 13 05:27 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Justin wrote:
The Egg and I is a good place for breakfast, too. Denver Museum of Natural History is really pretty good if you like that kind of stuff, and I sure do. We've enjoyed going up and down the free 16th Street shuttles and the shopping and eateries there. The Tattered Cover is a pretty good bookstore, although a shadow of its former mighty self.

I ate at The Egg and I after GABF last year. Very nice. Also enjoyed some place in a historic downtown block, looks like it was in a converted hardware store. Did some searching -- its The Market on Larimer Square.

Jul 10 13 04:00 am Link