Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Looking to get into Retouching

Model

TheDivineGoddess

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm a model and I'm gearing towards getting more fully retouched images...mermaid, faerie, background changes, enhancing eyes, skin, etc. As a model I often get back edited photos that I'm not too happy with. A strong photo with weak editing can be very disappointing and I would like to be able to (with a photographers permission of course) take retouching the photo into my own hands. Less work for the photographer...more fun for me:)

What program should I buy that will give me the best results? I am a quite learner I have used photoshop alot in the past and am fairly good with it. I'd like to be able to create really dynamic and multi-faceted images. Would any retouchers be kind enough to give me some tips? I would really greatly appreciate it and I am taking new shoots for Summer smile

Jul 06 13 05:24 pm Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Jul 06 13 06:06 pm Link

Model

TheDivineGoddess

Los Angeles, California, US

thankyou

Jul 06 13 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Pelle Piano

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Many good tutorials at www.worth1000.com , also a lot of galleries for inspiration.
For fun and tips, there are over 300 free episodes of the The Photoshop Guys tv show over at  http://kelbytv.com/photoshopusertv/

Jul 07 13 11:51 pm Link

Jul 08 13 01:08 am Link

Retoucher

Kristiana-Retouch

Rīga, Rīga, Latvia

Yeah - if you have started with photoshop stick with it - it's powerful tool.
If you want powerful tool for free try GIMP - it's similar to photoshop.
As far as tutorials.. well type in whatever you wish to accomplish in mother Google or father Youtube smile

Jul 08 13 05:43 am Link