Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > What should go/stay what should I stop doing/ keep

Photographer

Chris F

Cooper City, Florida, US

So this is pretty much the first time I am posting and asking for a critique. As I look at my port I know I should get rid of some cause they aren't doing anything for me. Also I have been shooting for a year and a half so Im still learning. Take a look at my port let me know what you think. I know this is for my own well being but please be kind.

Aug 27 13 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Anderson

Los Angeles, California, US

for a short time at it your doing well.
I think i counted 9 photos of models with the hand attached to their head. It's an easy go to pose for glamour work. But it gets redundant fast. That is almost 1/3 of your portfolio. So look back before posting new work. Keep shooting.
Cheers
SA
www.SteveAndersonPhotography.com

Aug 27 13 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Chris F

Cooper City, Florida, US

Steve Anderson Studios wrote:
for a short time at it your doing well.
I think i counted 9 photos of models with the hand attached to their head. It's an easy go to pose for glamour work. But it gets redundant fast. That is almost 1/3 of your portfolio. So look back before posting new work. Keep shooting.
Cheers
SA
www.SteveAndersonPhotography.com

Thank you didn't even realize it. Posing is an using im having too but Im working at it.

Aug 27 13 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

AdamGray

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

Just from your profile pic, take 5 and get rid of the stretch marks on her outer thigh, and her lipstick needs freshened up. That being said, comp and lighting is good! Work with a great stylist/HMUA. They're invaluable!

Regards
Adam

Aug 28 13 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Chris F

Cooper City, Florida, US

AdamGray wrote:
Just from your profile pic, take 5 and get rid of the stretch marks on her outer thigh, and her lipstick needs freshened up. That being said, comp and lighting is good! Work with a great stylist/HMUA. They're invaluable!

Regards
Adam

I didn't even notice it. thanks for pointing it out ill fix it asap. Thanks for the input

Aug 28 13 09:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

The Ministry of Glamour

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Hi Chris,

You're doing pretty well for being new at taking pics! But as a woman, I've got to say that you should rethink the album names in your port. Titles like "Bad Girls go here" and "Teasin Girls in here" [sic] make you sound like a GWC and could be misconstrued as offensive. I wouldn't want to be labelled as a "Teasin Girl" (especially if I was, lol.) You're probably just trying to be humorous and a bit cheeky, but by doing so, you may be scaring off potential new models without even knowing. Some of your past models had really great things to say about you, so I'm sure you're probably a nice guy, but not everyone is going to dig deep into your port & comments.

Just being honest. My intent is to help you get more models and traffic to your port...

Sep 08 13 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120126/14/4f21d60ea5b16_m.jpg

Simplify the subject, you have the background blurred, but think if the building and white fence were not there the viewer could concentrate on the model.
Watch details, models right side looks like a dress hangers is sticking out
Think if the hair on models left were smoother it would polish the image off better

Wish you well

Sep 10 13 07:45 am Link

Photographer

Chris F

Cooper City, Florida, US

Lee_Photography wrote:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120126/14/4f21d60ea5b16_m.jpg

Simplify the subject, you have the background blurred, but think if the building and white fence were not there the viewer could concentrate on the model.
Watch details, models right side looks like a dress hangers is sticking out
Think if the hair on models left were smoother it would polish the image off better

Wish you well

Thank you for your comment. That picture was actually my first model shoot that I did.  I will keep that in mind thank you

Sep 10 13 08:53 am Link