Forums > Critique > Models who "only accept paid work" let me judge...

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

I will tell you if you should be getting paid always, or if you're on some of that good crack.

EDIT: All models who get responses are free to attack me in any way they'd like.  Also, anyone else (photographer or otherwise) that thinks I suck, or I'm not qualified in any way to do this, feel free as well.

Sep 12 13 10:00 pm Link

Model

Veronika Vitkina

Brooklyn, New York, US

I'll play

Sep 12 13 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

F O R B E S

New York, New York, US

crack ^^^

Sep 12 13 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Veronika Vitkina  wrote:
I'll play

You say "limited TFP" which realistically and probably means mostly TFP.

IF you were purely paid, I'd say you're crackin' -- but since you're not, I wont.

However, honestly when I looked through your portfolio nothing grabbed my attention.  I didn't click a single image to view it larger or move my head right up to the monitor to try and simulate that same effect.

But that's just me.  Feel free to rip apart/attack my portfolio or me personally -- you have carte blanche.

Sep 12 13 10:46 pm Link

Model

Marla Pandora

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Ok then... I'll play too!! ^_^

Sep 13 13 12:51 am Link

Model

Jonny Jean

Los Angeles, California, US

what if I only accept paid work so that I can keep buying crack?

Sep 13 13 01:08 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

I don't only do Paid assignments although I'd love to think I'm good enough. Either way, your opinion is appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Sep 13 13 01:38 am Link

Model

HEATHER 19

Boston, Massachusetts, US

playing

Sep 13 13 03:20 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Marlene Potfer wrote:
Ok then... I'll play too!! ^_^

Crackin hard.

You have my permission to attack my portfolio/opinion. smile

Sep 13 13 06:17 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
I don't only do Paid assignments although I'd love to think I'm good enough. Either way, your opinion is appreciated. Thank you kindly.

The type of work you seem to want to get into makes it hard to respond because it's not exactly the kind of model I was looking for, but I will say this -- you need to work with better photographers.

Sep 13 13 06:19 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

HEATHER 19 wrote:
playing

I can tell you're not going to like this, but no.

Feel free to respond back negatively.

Sep 13 13 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Jonny Jean wrote:
what if I only accept paid work so that I can keep buying crack?

You actually have some stuff I really like in your portfolio and are the best model so far in this thread.  I'd still say you're crackin' though if you truly only accepted paid work.

Sep 13 13 06:28 am Link

Model

retiredanddeleted

Azul, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hmm?

Sep 13 13 06:58 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

MissLaurelle wrote:
Hmm?

Not crackin, only smoking the occasional cigarette.

Now enjoy your new ego.

Sep 13 13 07:09 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Lee K wrote:

The type of work you seem to want to get into makes it hard to respond because it's not exactly the kind of model I was looking for, but I will say this -- you need to work with better photographers.

That's fair smile

Sep 13 13 07:35 am Link

Model

Marla Pandora

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Lee K wrote:

Crackin hard.

You have my permission to attack my portfolio/opinion. smile

Oh.. I'm cracking... ''hard'' lol oh well...
Even though I have your permission, I just can't attack your portfolio because I find your work amazing! That's why I posted in your critic thread! wink

Sep 13 13 07:59 am Link

Model

Ashley R Ann

Covington, Georgia, US

I've never done a paid shoot i've only done a few shoots, I'm new, but I'd like to think I'm good enough to be paid... someday... soon...maybe?

Sep 13 13 08:24 am Link

Model

E L I N

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm in.

Sep 13 13 08:28 am Link

Model

Casey Phillips

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I'd like feedback too smile

Sep 13 13 08:33 am Link

Model

W I L L O W

Portland, Oregon, US

I want in!!

Sep 13 13 09:04 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sure

Sep 13 13 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

W I L L O W wrote:
I want in!!

You have a good look and some decent shots.  I wouldn't say paid only, but the occasional paid assignment makes sense for you.  If you were to say "paid assignments only, no exceptions" on your profile, my response would be far more negative.

I think better photographers would be necessary to unleash your full potential.

I'd definitely work with you and change the world.

Sep 13 13 09:24 am Link

Model

Katie Gradie

Portland, Maine, US

I'll play smile

Sep 13 13 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Casey   Phillips wrote:
I'd like feedback too smile

I see nothing about paid assignments on your profile, so you need to be far more cocky for me to respond in the nature of this thread.  Sorry.

Sep 13 13 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

NicoleNudes wrote:
Sure

For a nude model, you work out as someone who can go for pay always.  It's your choice to do that obviously, and you will definitely limit the quality of photographers you can work with based on that.  I would not pay you for instance, but you definitely have gotten some decent photographers to shoot you and have produced some great stuff (amazing no, but not just good, great). 

Now did they all pay you, realistically?  Probably not.  But anything you got paid for, I think you rightfully deserved, because your look is great, and you definitely do a exceptional job with what you have.

PS. I like how you complemented me on one of my pictures right before your critique.  Interesting tactic.  ;-P

Sep 13 13 09:28 am Link

Model

Veronika Vitkina

Brooklyn, New York, US

Lee K wrote:

You say "limited TFP" which realistically and probably means mostly TFP.

IF you were purely paid, I'd say you're crackin' -- but since you're not, I wont.

However, honestly when I looked through your portfolio nothing grabbed my attention.  I didn't click a single image to view it larger or move my head right up to the monitor to try and simulate that same effect.

But that's just me.  Feel free to rip apart/attack my portfolio or me personally -- you have carte blanche.

Thank you for your honesty. When i say "limited TFP" it means i'm very very selective and accept maybe 10% TFP work.

Sep 13 13 09:29 am Link

Model

Tracii Taylor

Bordentown, New Jersey, US

I'll play.

Sep 13 13 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Katie Gradie wrote:
I'll play smile

This is the exact type of profile I've been waiting for...

"My rates are currently $100/hr  $300/half day $600/full day. my rates are negotiable within reason. I will work with multiple photographers so you can split up the cost.  I'm available for a wide variety of work, including some fetish work and art nudes.
fly me to you and I'll do a half-day free."

I think for nudes, just like NicoleNudes, you deserve to be paid when the opportunity presents itself.  Although I definitely do see her as a higher caliber nude model.  Some of the stuff in your port is terrifyingly bad and really brings down the entire look and cheapens your "brand."

Your rates listed on your page however are laughable.  I'd be willing to bet that you "negotiate" almost always to a considerably lower price. 

You list modeling as your full time job, and there's nothing more crackin than that.  Sorry.  I wouldn't be surprised if the average Chipotle employee makes more than you do modeling.  They work much more than you do, but still.  I'd be willing to bet you could have an actual job in addition to your modeling.  I have to question why you wouldn't.

Respond as negatively as you'd like.

Sep 13 13 09:34 am Link

Model

E L I N

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Skipped sad

Sep 13 13 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

E L I N wrote:
Skipped sad

"No TF at the moment" is the closest thing you have to "paid only" on your profile.  But this could be due to a super busy schedule with whatever else you have going on in your life or something.

I don't get the "paid only no exceptions" vibe from your profile at all.

But if so, crackin heavily.  No way.

Sep 13 13 09:37 am Link

Model

Breanna Baker

Long Beach, California, US

I pay, and I am paid.

Sep 13 13 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Breanna Baker wrote:
I pay, and I am paid.

waht.

Sep 13 13 09:40 am Link

Model

Katie Gradie

Portland, Maine, US

Lee K wrote:

This is the exact type of profile I've been waiting for...

"My rates are currently $100/hr  $300/half day $600/full day. my rates are negotiable within reason. I will work with multiple photographers so you can split up the cost.  I'm available for a wide variety of work, including some fetish work and art nudes.
fly me to you and I'll do a half-day free."

I think for nudes, just like NicoleNudes, you deserve to be paid when the opportunity presents itself.  Although I definitely do see her as a higher caliber nude model.  Some of the stuff in your port is terrifyingly bad and really brings down the entire look and cheapens your "brand."

Your rates listed on your page however are laughable.  I'd be willing to bet that you "negotiate" almost always to a considerably lower price. 

You list modeling as your full time job, and there's nothing more crackin than that.  Sorry.  I wouldn't be surprised if the average Chipotle employee makes more than you do modeling.  They work much more than you do, but still.  I'd be willing to bet you could have an actual job in addition to your modeling.  I have to question why you wouldn't.

Respond as negatively as you'd like.

I won't argue with you, I could have a day job if I chose to. In the winter months I work part time, the rest I'm traveling and doing what I love.  As of recently most photographers choose my half day rate.

Thanks for playing smile

Sep 13 13 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Tracii Taylor wrote:
I'll play.

Crackin.

Sep 13 13 09:44 am Link

Model

Tracii Taylor

Bordentown, New Jersey, US

Lee K wrote:

Crackin.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sep 13 13 09:45 am Link

Model

Ashley R Ann

Covington, Georgia, US

Skipped me.

Sep 13 13 11:04 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lee K wrote:

For a nude model, you work out as someone who can go for pay always.  It's your choice to do that obviously, and you will definitely limit the quality of photographers you can work with based on that.  I would not pay you for instance, but you definitely have gotten some decent photographers to shoot you and have produced some great stuff (amazing no, but not just good, great). 

Now did they all pay you, realistically?  Probably not.  But anything you got paid for, I think you rightfully deserved, because your look is great, and you definitely do a exceptional job with what you have.

PS. I like how you complemented me on one of my pictures right before your critique.  Interesting tactic.  ;-P

Thanks smile

I liked your avi so I took a look at your work - and happened to like that image.
It wasn't to butter you up haha.

Sep 13 13 11:48 am Link

Model

E L I N

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Lee K wrote:

"No TF at the moment" is the closest thing you have to "paid only" on your profile.  But this could be due to a super busy schedule with whatever else you have going on in your life or something.

I don't get the "paid only no exceptions" vibe from your profile at all.

But if so, crackin heavily.  No way.

I still do TF and will always do if I have the time. Most of my shoots are paid now, but I would never put paid assignments only on my profile. Right on!

Sep 13 13 12:38 pm Link

Model

Tamasha Sayidana

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I'd like to know! I haven't done any paid shoots, but I would like to in the future...

Sep 13 13 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Lee K

Palatine, Illinois, US

Ashley Kirby wrote:
Skipped me.

Honestly, you need to try and replace your entire portfolio.  You should be paying photographers.  Really really good ones though obviously.

Sorry baby girl.

Sep 13 13 05:19 pm Link