Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Just saw the movie last nite.  Man.......  What a powerful movie!!!  CG was superb.   I should have seen this earlier, I am glad I did.

Go to see this if you haven't

Sep 26 13 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

I saw it while over at a friends.  It really was interesting.

Sep 26 13 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

T Brown

Traverse City, Michigan, US

I almost didn't finish watching it, thought it started a little slow but glad I waited.

Sep 26 13 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Connor Photography wrote:
Just saw the movie last nite.  Man.......  What a powerful movie!!!  CG was superb.   I should have seen this earlier, I am glad I did.

Go to see this if you haven't

I need to see it again. I feel asleep towards the end.  I think I got the jist of everything, but I think I missed some very important scenes/dialog.

Sep 26 13 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:

I need to see it again. I feel asleep towards the end.  I think I got the jist of everything, but I think I missed some very important scenes/dialog.

Hi, Chris.   See it again.   Something happens near the end of the movie.   Its a beautiful and moving film for those who haven't seen it.

Sep 26 13 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:

Hi, Chris.   See it again.   Something happens near the end of the movie.   Its a beautiful and moving film for those who haven't seen it.

I might have woken up just in time to know what you're talking about...but I might not have...so Id on't want to say anything .

Sep 26 13 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

ME_

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I just saw it too and now I really regret not seeing it in a theater.

I read all the IMDB message boards and there is a lot of "this is a story to make you believe in god." I didn't see it that way at all - in fact the whole "I like the better story" aspect seems to mean the opposite to me.

Anyway I loved it and will watch it again before it's gone from On Demand. There's one scene during the sinking that I thought showed something that I thought I had not seen right, but maybe I did after all.

It's hard to talk about this without giving things away!

Sep 26 13 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

This is really an intelligent story/movie which has a profound impact on its viewers.  How much and what it will influence you is largely dependent on your past experiences/upbring.  So many of us will walk away with many different meanings.

It is a cool movie.  I think I will watch again.

There was one line that I though was very funny.  When Pi's father tells him that the family is going to America.  He uses the example of Christopher Columbus to discover America.  But Pi replies that Columbus was not going to America, he was looking for India.  That was so funny.  Pi is a smart kid.

Sep 26 13 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

37photog

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I agree, I thought it was really good. CG was great.  TBH tho,  I did feel it was about 20 minutes too long.  Definitely has a lull about an hour into it or so. Great ending, it redeemed itself.

Sep 26 13 04:59 pm Link

Model

FallenEcho

Escondido, California, US

I honestly didn't think this movie was that great at all. The CG for the animals was not good at all often changing how big or small they were. The landscape at times was pretty, but not enough to make this a movie I would watch again. The ending was probably the best part of the movie.

Sep 26 13 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

FallenEcho wrote:
I honestly didn't think this movie was that great at all. The CG for the animals was not good at all often changing how big or small they were. The landscape at times was pretty, but not enough to make this a movie I would watch again. The ending was probably the best part of the movie.

That was done on purpose.   (The CGI)   Those that like Life of Pi might enjoy this film:   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/

Sep 26 13 05:48 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Christopher Willingham

Long Beach, California, US

Great looking movie

Sep 26 13 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Image Works Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I read the book 2 years before the movie came out. It was part of a literature class. Interesting read- I should owe it to myself in seeing the movie.

Sep 26 13 08:36 pm Link

Retoucher

Joann Empson

Walnut Creek, California, US

The CG was done by artists at Rhythm & Hues, and guess what operating system they use?

From the Behind the Scenes footage from Life of Pi, GNU/Linux (the SuSE distro):

https://i.imgur.com/UQBTRdG.jpg

Sep 26 13 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

highStrangeness

Carmichael, California, US

Joann Empson wrote:
The CG was done by artists at Rhythm & Hues, and guess what operating system they use?

From the Behind the Scenes footage from Life of Pi, GNU/Linux (the SuSE distro):

https://i.imgur.com/UQBTRdG.jpg

Not too surprising.  Perhaps they used CinePaint on that movie?

Sep 26 13 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Snowmonkey Design

Esher-Molesey, England, United Kingdom

hmm, first thought nope movie would not interest me..then got it on DVD and watched it in 3D....one of my favourite films..loved it. smile

Sep 27 13 01:40 am Link

Model

FallenEcho

Escondido, California, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:

That was done on purpose.   (The CGI)   Those that like Life of Pi might enjoy this film:   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/

Oh? 

Now see I loved Pan's labyrinth. It is difficult to put the two in the same category.

Sep 27 13 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Snowmonkey Design

Tony Lawrence wrote:

hmm brilliant film 1+ Pan Labyrinth smile

Sep 27 13 03:38 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

What kind of Pie is it?

I'm not watching any movie about a Pie until I know the contents.

Sep 27 13 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Snowmonkey Design

Drew Smith Photography wrote:
What kind of Pie is it?

I'm not watching any movie about a Pie until I know the contents.

hmm, a mixture of wild boar, short horn beef, belly pork n ale with a mushroom, cream n ale sauce served with roast tatties. wink

Sep 27 13 03:44 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Snowmonkey Design wrote:

hmm, a mixture of wild boar, short horn beef, belly pork n ale with a mushroom, cream n ale sauce served with roast tatties. wink

Hmm, that kind of Pi eh?

In which case I will only watch 3.14159% of the movie.

Sep 27 13 04:08 am Link

Model

Elisa 1

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

Great movie raising much to think about on many levels. I am not a lover of CGI but this wasn't too bad.
Loved Pans Labyrinth too. Also if you like movies like these I recommend 'Welcome to Dongmakgol' and also 'the Fall'

Sep 27 13 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Whenever I hear about Life of Pi, I really want it to be a sequel to Pi.

https://ourbrainhurtsalot.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/pi-darren-aronofsky-sean-gullatte-sci-fi-film-head1.jpg

Sep 27 13 11:08 am Link