Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > need some pointers for my port

Model

Antoine Clark

Columbus, Ohio, US

by looking through my port, what do you believe some things i should work on? please go check out my new photos....i really want to be the best at what i do so please give me advice on how to become better.

Apr 15 14 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

HO Photo

Los Angeles, California, US

Antoine, that is not a bad port. Only issue I can see is that it looks like all or nearly all the shots came from the same 2-3 shoots. It needs to be more varied.

You do seem to have stuck with photographers who aren't terrible. That's key. Nothing's a quicker interest-killer for me than a model who lacks the taste level I think is necessary to "get" what I'm trying to do. Everyone gets burned by a bad collaboration now and then, so you will get shitty shots back sometimes -- either because you weren't up to standard, or the photographer wasn't. But it's important to have the eye and aesthetic so you aren't posting shitty shots to your profile. So far, so good for the most part. Nothing outlandishly bad in there.

You vary your expressions a bit, that's the key for me. Keep at it. Have varied expressions. Show us different emotions and feelings. Practice your expressions, think hard about them, check yourself in the mirror and make sure they're not overdone or unbelievable. Try to have a bunch of them in your arsenal. So that when a photographer is going for a certain mood you have just the look for it.

I actually think your avatar is the most awkward shot in your entire port. The pose is not working for you IMO.

EDIT: Also I'm glad you're a student at 'Cuse and not a dirty buckeye. wink

Apr 21 14 11:21 pm Link