Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Wardrobe styling- taping flat shoes

Wardrobe Stylist

Brandon Lau Style

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello!
i was wondering if any warbrobe stylist have any tricks or tips on taping flat shoes without it coming off?  They don't stay because the bend in the shoe when they walk, stretches the tape and it starts to peel off and They don't put on the shoes til we get to the spot.

Would love to know any advice for this issue.

Thank you so much!

Jun 18 15 03:38 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Try adding heel pads with no-show socks.In my experience they really help with keeping flats from slipping. Or you could stuff tissue at the toe part or heel part of the shoe.The only thing about tissue stuffing is that the tissue sometimes gets damp from foot sweat.So only use it as an absolute last resort.

Jun 18 15 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

LeonardG Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Brandon Lau Style wrote:
i was wondering if any warbrobe stylist have any tricks or tips on taping flat shoes without it coming off?

if you are taping the shoe bottom to protect the backdrop/seamless using the right tape helps. mostly use 2" wide masking tape that has some stretch and it hasn't been a problem. otherwise just bend the shoe, then apply the tape to the curve.

Jun 18 15 05:30 pm Link

Jun 18 15 06:05 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Brandon Lau Style

Thanks so much guys!  smile

Jun 18 15 10:13 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Missys Closet

San Diego, California, US

LeonardG Photography wrote:
otherwise just bend the shoe, then apply the tape to the curve.

+1

Also, are you using electrical tape?  I've found it comes off the easiest and you can score it just as well.

Dec 10 15 10:23 pm Link