Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > goal is to date this year!!

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I am going to try this dating thing again, to at least attract a date that will indeed become a "date" that happens without me getting stood up.

Wish me luck!

Advice appreciated. I haven't had much success, as my forum threads state so.

Okay, now, where to find one... Match, plenty of fish? Maybe I will renew my eharmony too??

smile!

Jen

Jun 27 15 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I wish I could give you dating advise, my love...

During my physical that I am going through right now (as you know)... the Doc found that my testosterone levels are low... and she asked if I have problems with my sex life...

I said "Yes, I do have a problem!"

She looked up at me: "Yeah???"

I said: "Yeah... my problem is that I don't have a sex partner!" 

She giggled! evilgrin

Jun 27 15 07:22 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

udor wrote:
I wish I could give you dating advise, my love...

During my physical that I am going through right now (as you know)... the Doc found that my testosterone levels are low... and she asked if I have problems with my sex life...

I said "Yes, I do have a problem!"

She looked up at me: "Yeah???"

I said: "Yeah... my problem is that I don't have a sex partner!" 

She giggled! evilgrin

lol

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but what you said was funny.

Jun 27 15 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Koryn wrote:

lol

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but what you said was funny.

Thanks!!! lol

It's not a major problem, I just had to curtail my daily masturbation session down to about  4 times... editing and retouching is just so boring... evilgrin

Didn't have the best lifestyle and nutrition the past few years... had to deal with depression and outer circumstance that cause those conditions (including lack of certain vitamins, etc.) but that's all fixed rather quick... things are about to turn around pretty nicely! borat

Jun 27 15 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Find someone with Mutual interests .. such as, if you're into photography; join a club to meet people. Or if you are into painting, join a class. Or kickboxing ! Or whatever your fancy. smile that way you have something in common from the get go and a mutual passion

Jun 27 15 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Good Luck to you!   smile

Jun 27 15 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Apparently -->  No jeans in dating profile photos - dress is 5X more effective, bikini 10X more effective in attracting replies.

That being said, even though being in love is the best feeling ever,   after a lot of "investment" in dating some decades ago it is not on my list of things to do any more.

Jun 28 15 04:33 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Michael Bots wrote:
Apparently -->  No jeans in dating profile photos - dress is 5X more effective, bikini 10X more effective in attracting replies.

Holy Shit!!!

I am doomed!

I have yet to find a bikini that looks sexy on me... sad sad sad

evilgrin

Jun 28 15 11:58 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

udor wrote:
Holy Shit!!!

I am doomed!

I have yet to find a bikini that looks sexy on me... sad sad sad

evilgrin

smile!! Tee hee! Thank you for all your posts and encouragement, good luck with your health situation Udor, (smile!!) I know we have a date waiting when we are in the same state! Darn work has me here.

I've been single for decades, lived mostly alone since 1985, and never really had a partner or roomate and we'll see what happens with the update eharmony profile I paid for a year for. I even uploaded no 'jeans' photos. I am not interested in online romance though but consider it a pool of potential blind dates basically.
Jen
p.s. aha!! I updated my facebook model page to a bikini shoot for the cover smile I won't tell that on the first date though, (or should I?)
p.p.s. I put a link to the fb page to my profile here

Jun 28 15 06:10 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I'm afraid I have only had 3 dates so far this year but have promised someone one as soon as I move this week. I've not tried Eharmony because I'm not religious and that is their slant is it not? I did find someone on POF but he had 5 kids and an ex-wife who was an issue. I think you need to get out there and just try it. Maybe it's a numbers game. I've got too much going on to give it my all right now.

Jun 29 15 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Two Manx

Palm Springs, California, US

Dating scares the crap out of me and I've never been very good at it. Good luck to you! You are a far braver soul than I!

Jun 29 15 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Solas wrote:
Find someone with Mutual interests .. such as, if you're into photography; join a club to meet people. Or if you are into painting, join a class. Or kickboxing ! Or whatever your fancy. smile that way you have something in common from the get go and a mutual passion

Excellent advice from Solas!

Also, I think you're smart to use the online services. That's how I found both of my current girlfriends--yes, I have two and yes they both know about each other. It is a long story but they live 450 miles apart so it's worked so far, about 6 months, but I don't recommend it smile

I'd also suggest you try to create friendships with members of the opposite sex at work. Not necessarily to date them but because they are sure to have male friends.

Jun 29 15 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Pinup Fantasies

HIXSON, Tennessee, US

If only you were 125 miles south...

Been awhile for me too.

Jun 29 15 04:21 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Isis22 wrote:
I'm afraid I have only had 3 dates so far this year but have promised someone one as soon as I move this week. I've not tried Eharmony because I'm not religious and that is their slant is it not? I did find someone on POF but he had 5 kids and an ex-wife who was an issue. I think you need to get out there and just try it. Maybe it's a numbers game. I've got too much going on to give it my all right now.

Hi, I thought e harmony had a compatability test and a "multi-factored" personality test based, (which does include religiosity questions.)

I think I overspoke my intention to date...its been a couple days now and I realize that maybe this year is a bit ambitious. The numbers game is not my option, darn, I'm an introvert who likes my quiet and since my work is at a breakneck pace I like to wind down and recover in my off time.

Hmmm, darn. Maybe I will adjust my goal and simply "have more than one conversation with a someone who maybe could be a potential date?"

smile
Jen

Jun 29 15 06:54 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Toto Photo wrote:
Excellent advice from Solas!

Also, I think you're smart to use the online services. That's how I found both of my current girlfriends--yes, I have two and yes they both know about each other. It is a long story but they live 450 miles apart so it's worked so far, about 6 months, but I don't recommend it smile

I'd also suggest you try to create friendships with members of the opposite sex at work. Not necessarily to date them but because they are sure to have male friends.

Hi,

Sounds like you are busy! I must say that since I have had the opportunity to meet you in real life and enjoy your company I think those ladies are lucky and probably wish they lived closer. smile

I'm on a couple photography site here locally but, since joining them over 11 months ago I have not made one of their regular events. I am on their facebook pages though.

However the idea of hanging out with friends at work won't really work since I'm a nurse who travels and most of my coworkers are either in the same situation as me or they are married women with families and obligations, or divorced with children and busy and ... and hospital gossip is not something for the timid.

Dateless at 49,
Jen
crap, I am giving up already and I paid for a full year at eharmony...thing is, the last time I did it I it seemed that some people are just not on the same pace as me, (they want to rush to instant relationship when you haven't even met yet.) Okay, ...let me give it a week and see if I have an update, in the meanwhile, my muster is gone for it, without a date yet even!

Jun 29 15 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

i found my current gf on craigslist..

Jun 29 15 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Kjos Photography

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

Jen,

You're an amazing and unique lady. Then energy and strength that you exude can be intense.

I have a few female friends that are similar. Many people can't fathom the idea of dating someone like you, they don't appreciate someone who is capable of being themselves, expresses their thoughts and is successful at what they do (success is measured in many ways). Of course, that means they miss out on getting to know, date, or be in a relationship with someone who will rock their world.

I remember our first meeting, your mind was all over the place after traveling, I loved our conversation... I'm sure you'll agree, you were in a odd mindset that day. My thoughts were - "I need to know more about this woman, she is interesting!". I'm sure most others would have thought you were a bit strange that day, while I was enthralled.

I expect that your aura will attract the right person eventually, and I think you'll be surprised at yourself when it happens. They will be one very lucky and blessed person to have you in their life.

One of the things I love most about my photography adventures is meeting and getting to know amazing and creative people like you. Thanks for being you.

That's enough rambling for 3:30 in the morning :-)

Andrew

Jun 30 15 01:36 am Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I don't know you personally, but I know you from your personality here... my feeling is that you would be a joy to date...

You seem to have a great sense of humor, a genuine intelligence and a great life experience...

I would bet that if you met someone with a direction and life experience that fits your life... you two would be unstoppable.

Jun 30 15 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Jen B wrote:
I must say that since I have had the opportunity to meet you in real life and enjoy your company I think those ladies are lucky and probably wish they lived closer. smile

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you. BTW, Kjos has an excellent description of you.

Yes, the SoCal Gal wishes she lived closer but one of the things I most like about her is how close she is to her daughters and grandkids.

Jen B wrote:
I'm on a couple photography site here locally but, since joining them over 11 months ago I have not made one of their regular events. I am on their facebook pages though.

Whatever the reason you haven't made one of their regular events, try hard to overcome it for their next meeting. If I was ten years younger and lived in Nashville, I'd loved to have met someone like you at such an event.

Jen B wrote:
However the idea of hanging out with friends at work won't really work since I'm a nurse who travels and most of my coworkers are either in the same situation as me or they are married women with families and obligations, or divorced with children and busy and ... and hospital gossip is not something for the timid.

Well, I wasn't going to out your career, but since you did...you may not remember but one of the first questions I asked you is how many people you dated from work. My mother, a nurse, met my father, a doc, at work. Screw the gossip, make some friends and see where it leads. Tough, I know but you are one tough cookie.

Jen B wrote:
crap, I am giving up already and I paid for a full year at eharmony

Stop that. Right now.

Jen B wrote:
...thing is, the last time I did it I it seemed that some people are just not on the same pace as me, (they want to rush to instant relationship when you haven't even met yet.)

It's not going to be easy, but it is worth the work. The thing is, you don't even have to kiss the frogs, just turn your cheek (I know you know how to do that wink ) but you will probably have to date a few. I probably had a dozen dates with women at ALL different paces (some just wanting to screw and some wanting to marry asap) before I got lucky, twice.

Jen B wrote:
Okay, ...let me give it a week and see if I have an update, in the meanwhile, my muster is gone for it, without a date yet even!

Thanks for almost closing on an upbeat note. Gonna ignore the muster gone comment and hope you'll give it at least a week, if not a month, of trying as hard as you can.

Good relationships are really, really worth it. I'm having so much fun!

Jun 30 15 12:50 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Toto Photo wrote:
Thank you, that means a lot coming from you. BTW, Kjos has an excellent description of you.

It's not going to be easy, but it is worth the work. The thing is, you don't even have to kiss the frogs, just turn your cheek (I know you know how to do that wink ) but you will probably have to date a few. I probably had a dozen dates with women at ALL different paces (some just wanting to screw and some wanting to marry asap) before I got lucky, twice.
Thanks for almost closing on an upbeat note. Gonna ignore the muster gone comment and hope you'll give it at least a week, if not a month, of trying as hard as you can.

Good relationships are really, really worth it. I'm having so much fun!

Alrighty, I will keep optimistic. I guess the best thing I can summarize it to say is that I am not in a mad dash to date, but...thank you for the nudge, everyone here. I know this is becoming a running theme I cycle through!

Kjos Photography wrote:
Jen,

You're an amazing and unique lady. Then energy and strength that you exude can be intense.

I remember our first meeting, your mind was all over the place after traveling, I loved our conversation... I'm sure you'll agree, you were in a odd mindset that day. My thoughts were - "I need to know more about this woman, she is interesting!". I'm sure most others would have thought you were a bit strange that day, while I was enthralled.

I expect that your aura will attract the right person eventually, and I think you'll be surprised at yourself when it happens. They will be one very lucky and blessed person to have you in their life.

Andrew

Hmmm, ah, um, this is tricky but thank you very much. See, I am basically a very boring, simple introvert on the inside but, okay... I am not going to worry but will just see what happens. Thank you. smile You are pretty awesome, Toto and Andrew and everyone who posted, thanks.
Jen

Jun 30 15 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Hey Bebe... wink

Jul 01 15 02:04 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Robb Mann wrote:
Hey Bebe... wink

Y'all wonderful folks who posted in this thread. smile

This one totally cheered my day!

Thanks.

As an update last night I followed up with all eharmony initial guided question communications and will remain optimistic. smile!

Jen

Jul 01 15 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Jen B wrote:

Y'all wonderful folks who posted in this thread. smile

This one totally cheered my day!

Thanks.

As an update last night I followed up with all eharmony initial guided question communications and will remain optimistic. smile!

Jen

Lol. Last time i tried to date someone they asked me if I actually had time to date someone. I thought about it, and the answer was no.

Jul 01 15 06:30 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

So, my initial matches that I'd been going through the guided conversation with have just edged into the "actual" communicating part.

Will see.

I think I am a hardass-ish, a bit.

Or else a little bit bitter, I'm not sure?

I will be patient..
Jen

Jul 08 15 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Figures Jen B wrote:
So, my initial matches that I'd been going through the guided conversation with have just edged into the "actual" communicating part.

Congrats on step one.

Figures Jen B wrote:
I think I am a hardass-ish, a bit.

Or else a little bit bitter, I'm not sure?

Not how you strike me at all, but if you worry about those things, yes be patient with yourself while staying open to possibility.

Figures Jen B wrote:
I will be patient..
Jen

Good idea!

Jul 10 15 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Maybe it only happens to me but I have joined alot of dating sites....POF match.com okcupid and quite frankly they all share one thing in common.  it seems that people are content to chat endlessly and never really meet.

I suspect most people even feel dating sites dont work at all for the majority...but they dont quit because of that high...you know that high when you get a new message from a new person...and you message each other..and its new again....and exciting...and then if fizzles out like it always does.but  messaging back and forth with that new person...sustains you and stops you from quitting. its like a junkie chasing a high.

Jul 10 15 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

Two Pears Studio wrote:
I don't know you personally, but I know you from your personality here... my feeling is that you would be a joy to date...

You seem to have a great sense of humor, a genuine intelligence and a great life experience...

I would bet that if you met someone with a direction and life experience that fits your life... you two would be unstoppable.

She's pretty cool. I could tell just from the one time we met and worked together.

It felt like a good date smile

Jul 11 15 04:31 am Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

ChadAlan wrote:

She's pretty cool. I could tell just from the one time we met and worked together.

It felt like a good date smile

Aw!

You are so kind and likewise you were very nice to meet and good to know.

In regards to online dating I believe in using it as a pool of potential blind dates and progress to the first meeting rather than chit chat or email with a stranger for long. I'm not looking for an online pen pal and do not like texting or long phone convos. Once I think I'm interested, then logistics are a factor. So, one more phase for this round of potential matches and we'll see what might lead to an initial meeting.

Jen

Jul 13 15 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Forced Perspective

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

People stand you up? !

Oct 12 17 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

wr not here

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Wicked Photos wrote:
i found my current gf on craigslist..