Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > How can I blend in skin color?

Model

Lauren E Poole

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Hi,

There's this photo.  I like it, but there was a theme to it about wearing a mask.  I simply want to blend in the skin tone on most of my face to the rest of my face.  In the photo, there were pieces of tape going around to resemble the mask.  That's what I want out.  Can someone (I) do something like this not knowing anything about photo editing?  Also, what FREE software could I use?

Thanks.

Jan 14 17 08:10 pm Link

Retoucher

Steven Burnette Retouch

Mount Vernon, New York, US

Just from the description of what you want done, it does not sound like the best project to start with for someone without photo editing experience. If it's just an image that you are fooling around with and quality of results are not that important, then by all means you can take a look at something like Gimp, which is probably the most popular free editing software and Photoshop alternative.

Jan 14 17 10:00 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Lauren E Poole wrote:
There's this photo.  I like it, but there was a theme to it about wearing a mask.  I simply want to blend in the skin tone on most of my face to the rest of my face.  In the photo, there were pieces of tape going around to resemble the mask.  That's what I want out.  Can someone (I) do something like this not knowing anything about photo editing?  Also, what FREE software could I use?

smile

That's sounds a little like "can someone who has never sat behind the wheel and knows nothing about it drive a FREE car starting from an unknown point to a destination never visited?" We all know what may happen someone tries this.

Obviously in imaging it is not as dangerous but in any case if one doesn't know anything about photo editing the first step is to learn. You can learn either by experimenting or by gathering some knowledge and then applying it. Either way theory and practice have to meet at a certain point.

Re. software: Instead of wasting time to learn how to use a crippled tool like Gimp you may better spend $50 for something like Affinity Photo which has almost everything which Photoshop has, quite a lot of videos on how to use its tools and they have their own forum where you can ask questions.

Or... if the idea is just to have one particular image edited instead of learning for a driver license you may take a taxi.

Jan 15 17 12:14 am Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

I saw the image, and, I ain't no photo editing expert, but, that's going to be tough, I think.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/41799878

Jan 15 17 08:26 pm Link

Retoucher

HammadsWorks

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Free? Photoshop trial big_smile

Jan 23 17 06:34 pm Link