Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > outsourcing some edits- where to begin?

Photographer

madheiress

Saxapahaw, North Carolina, US

Hi all,

I've done all my own edits up until now, but sometimes there are edits that I don't have the retouching skills to handle. My Ps skills are very basic.

I get friend requests from digital retouchers on MM and ignore them all. But now that I am considering this, I don't really know where to begin as far as finding one who I'd work well with.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks!

My work: www.madheiress.com

Apr 22 17 10:45 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

huremics wrote:
Hi all,

I've done all my own edits up until now, but sometimes there are edits that I don't have the retouching skills to handle. My Ps skills are very basic.

I get friend requests from digital retouchers on MM and ignore them all. But now that I am considering this, I don't really know where to begin as far as finding one who I'd work well with.

- Post a casting call.
- Look at availability notices.
- Contact retouchers whose work you like directly.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Whatever suits your needs.

Apr 22 17 10:54 am Link

Retoucher

MB retouching

London, England, United Kingdom

I would also say post a casting call and see who replies and if you like their work maybe you can arrange something. I also think communication is something to look out for so if they are consistent with messaging you, that is a good sign that they are reliable and will get your work to you :-) I have sometimes completed a sample edit so the person can see my work so maybe that could be something to consider? smile

Apr 22 17 04:55 pm Link