Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique me?

Model

AbiNeutrino

Portland, Oregon, US

I'd like professional opinions on my "look" and portfolio in general so I can improve

May 22 17 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Spectre Images

Tyler, Texas, US

Great start, lot of work to be done. I'd drop all the "polaroid" and unedited photos from your port, they are not your best and crowd up the ones that are better. Only showcase that which shows you at your best.
To get things started shoot more often with less images. It will add diversity to the work and not center around 1-2 photographers. The outdoor "train" work is well done - what you need are some good fashion/high key head shots that highlight your face and the beauty look. The Wilde images are the best, there is one SIRUS image that has a lot of looks, but has no place there unless you want more "edgy" work. People like it because it's "teasing", honestly it's not very well captured or lit properly.
Just my opinion - ask 25 people you will get 25 differing points of view.
Best of luck!

May 22 17 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Work on your expression, I see the same one mostly. Relax your face, that starts at the feet. I see tension in your forehead in some shots and you are not really engaging the camera in any of these photos.

Keep shooting and replace all of these photos as you get better ones. These show what your potential could be but can and will be improved upon, hopefully in short order.

Best of luck to you! big_smile

May 22 17 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

You have a great face and figure. Your height works well for fashion. The previous comment about your expressions is accurate…you need to expand your range. I always recommend to models that they watch Mary Duprie's videos. Do more homework on posing.

This image could be removed. The angle and crop are awkward.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170504/20/590bf1c32d372_m.jpg

I think you have too many of this series. I'd probably remove this shot also. The others are better and you look bored in this shot.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170504/20/590bf1bd6de64_m.jpg

This photo is iffy to me (18+). The cropping of your hands drives me crazy, but it is different than your other shots. Keep it for now, I suppose.

I realize that most photographers that shoot TF probably won't want to spend money on your hair, but you may consider getting your hair done for a shoot. It looks good naturally, but a little unkempt.

In your profile (the second paragraph, last sentence), I'm not sure what "I also just got enough data." means. Either remove that line or clarify.

Keep at it and good luck!

May 26 17 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Hi Abi,

You are lovely, and you have the height. You just need to work with photographers that know how to direct a model.

Best of luck!

Jorge

May 27 17 06:41 pm Link