Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Good eyeshadows for dark / deep skin tones

Model

Voodoo Howyacall

Austin, Texas, US

Hi there!

So, as much as I wanted to love Urban Decay's "Naked Heat" palette, once again it turned out really chalky on my skin, and I've got to return it. Remembering that I still had an account here, I thought I'd throw it out there for all the make up gurus / mavens.

What eyeshadow brands have you had luck with on deep / darker skin tones? I personally have yellow undertones, and that can drastically change how something looks on me compared to someone else that also has a deep / dark skin tone. I've had excellent luck with MAC, but I hear that they do animal testing, and I'd like to use a cruelty free brand, if at all possible.

Thanks all!
-V.

Jun 30 17 03:59 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello! Viseart is my go to for all skin tones, and they are wonderful on darker skin tones. I love the Neutral Matte, Warm Matte, and Dark Matte palettes on WOC. They are individually hand pressed in Paris, cruelty free, and very buttery, creamy, blendable, and pigmented. Expensive, yes. But a palette lasts forever and priced out per gram cheaper than MAC or lots of other brands. I'd start with the Neutral Matte which can also be used on brows, as contour, blush, etc.

I know it's not what you're asking about, but their blush palettes are unbelievable on WOC.

You can get them from frendsbeauty.com or camerareadycosmetics.com

Jul 10 17 04:06 am Link