Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > New Article on FStoppers on Oliphant Backgrounds

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

I have just had my 16th article published on FStoppers.com photography website as a contributing writer. I dusted off my journalism degree and the verbal part of my brain to write this article about leading backdrop painter Sarah Oliphant and her company which has become the leading backdrop studio in the US. Oliphant Studio frequently provides backdrops for fashion and portrait shoots for Vanity Fair and Vogue shoots and photographers like Annie Leibovitz, Patrick Demarchelier and Norman Jean Roy.

https://fstoppers.com/fashion/artist-be … ent-315430

I have had an interesting relationship with Oliphant Studio for the past eight years as they were my next door neighbor until a couple years ago when they moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn. It was great to have immediate access to their rental inventory and a backstage look at their process of creating painted backgrounds.

Jul 03 17 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I enjoyed reading your article.

Jul 03 17 10:31 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

Dan Howell wrote:
I have just had my 16th article published on FStoppers.com photography website as a contributing writer. I dusted off my journalism degree and the verbal part of my brain to write this article about leading backdrop painter Sarah Oliphant and her company which has become the leading backdrop studio in the US. Oliphant Studio frequently provides backdrops for fashion and portrait shoots for Vanity Fair and Vogue shoots and photographers like Annie Leibovitz, Patrick Demarchelier and Norman Jean Roy.

https://fstoppers.com/fashion/artist-be … ent-315430

I have had an interesting relationship with Oliphant Studio for the past eight years as they were my next door neighbor until a couple years ago when they moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn. It was great to have immediate access to their rental inventory and a backstage look at their process of creating painted backgrounds.

Cool and informative article

Jul 04 17 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

j francis photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Very good

Jul 04 17 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

thanks, it was always fun to have such a well-known creative environment literally next door to my studio.

Jul 16 17 06:45 pm Link