Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Writing "My try" in a post

Retoucher

Emillio

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Hello, retouchers. You've worked so hard to get an image retouched. Some of you (incl.me) spent hours in details, which cannot be seen in a first glance. Never mind. Why do you still keep on writing MY TRY in your posts. You do NOT try anything. "My try" is insulting - like you've tried, but things didn't come up well. This is your EDIT or your POST, not your try. TRY to think over it smile

Jul 26 17 11:38 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Jul 27 17 12:50 am Link

Retoucher

Nadege Colomina

Nouméa, Sud, New Caledonia

I couldn't agree more. Well said. 👍🏻

Jul 28 17 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

WES DEASON

Houston, Texas, US

I agree with you Emillio. I think the reason behind people putting "My Try" is due to criticism and critique. It's kind of a heads up to others that this is my interpretation so don't judge too harshly. It could also be a way of letting others know that there are things in my retouch work that could be better but I am not going to point it out unless it is brought up in critique. There are so many talented retouch artists all with a different eye for what they like and don't like. I tend to look at my photos over and over after retouching them and I always tend to find things that could be done differently or ways that the image could be improved. Sometimes it's just a matter of stepping away for a few hours or even a day and then reintroducing yourself to the image to see if anything changes in how you view your work.

Sep 04 17 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

you are free to intro your edit any way wanted but, I think you are reading too much into
a simple post heading. some do view it as an experiment of sorts.

Sep 04 17 09:40 am Link