Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > lesbians in search of sperm donors!!

Model

Oakley Anne

Conroe, Texas, US

I know this is probably the most off topic, off topic in the history of Off topics BUT....

My wife and I have been searching for a sperm donor for the most unholy amount of time and put in more effort in trying to build our family that we ever thought humanly possible.

Would someone here know of any sperm donors or can point us in the direction in finding one??

Thank you!

Sep 06 17 10:50 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

There have been topics more off topic than this!

I have considered your question since yesterday.   You are looking for a service which I have never used, nor am likely to use.  At my best, I may not be of much help.  However, a couple things I have learned about the MM forums: sometimes, for a difficult subject, you need that first reply to get the ball rolling, even if the reply is not particularly helpful.  The other is that you you will receive better information by providing better information.  To that end, I suggest that you explain to us what you have tried, what you won't try, and maybe, what it is you are looking for which would make a willing sperm donor qualified.

Good luck to you both.

Sep 07 17 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Los Angeles, California, US

Sep 07 17 06:53 pm Link

guide forum

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

There are fertility related agencies in most large cities, I'd strongly recommend that you start with a major teaching hospital and inquire from them what is available in your area.  I'd trust a university over any private agency to provide the most accurate information and steer you in the direction of finding the right people to work with. Note that this can get expensive if you want the donor's background checked, medical testing done to identify any genetic issues before the procedure, and so on.

Many people have done this on their own, privately, by obtaining the needed sperm donation from a friend who they feel has the characteristics they are seeking, or by advertising to find such a person. This is of course the least expensive and easiest way, but there is no anonymity if that is something you feel you need, and if you advertise, there is still the issue of genetic testing and verifying they meet your own qualifications. Even if using a friend to provide the donation, no sexual activity is required to become pregnant unless you choose to do it in that manner, which many have opted for. There's also the syringe/turkey baster method. If you did choose to go in the direction of doing it on your own, you should have some sort of legal documents drawn up that protect the donor from later being held responsible for financing the child's needs as it seems that could be a major concern even if you paid them for the sperm you used. A private donor would rightly have concerns about the mother or the child later deciding to get an attorney and demand child support or other benefits such as medical insurance.

It's all a very personal decision, which you and your wife need to make on your own.  Good luck on your journey toward becoming parents!

Sep 07 17 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Surprised its difficult. I would think it would be incredibly flattering.

Sep 08 17 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

see the bbc series "map of britain" - desperately seeking semen. it's about people "off the grid" trying to find and offering the stuff. kind of sounds like internet modeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdSynihF8k

Sep 08 17 10:19 am Link

Model

Oakley Anne

Conroe, Texas, US

Thank you all for your help!!

Sep 12 17 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

JDF Photography

Marengo, Ohio, US

Might try asking your OB-GYN if you haven't already. jmho.

Sep 13 17 10:27 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Toledo, Ohio, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
, you should have some sort of legal documents drawn up that protect the donor from later being held responsible for financing the child's needs as it seems that could be a major concern even if you paid them for the sperm you used. A private donor would rightly have concerns about the mother or the child later deciding to get an attorney and demand child support or other benefits such as medical insurance.

/quote]

I remember reading an article about a couple that had a child via sperm donor without using an official fertility facility.  Several years later, the couple split up and the one with custody of the child ended up on welfare.  The state did not recognize the waiver of rights/responsibility that they and the donor had signed and successfully sued him for child support.

If you are going this route, consult a good attorney in your state.

Sep 17 17 02:48 am Link