Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Daytime drankin'

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I'm on my neighbor's porch.

We have 78° (it's October in the Midwest btw. for all the global warming deniers), mimosas and a cheese plate.

Life is good today.

I may even ignore all the complainers.

Oct 07 17 12:00 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Saturday is my weekly food "cheat day." I already had a plate of fried onion rings, and am about to hit up the microbrew beer store. Tonight my better half is making homemade pizza.

I live for Saturdays...ok, I don't, but it is the only day of the week that I eat unhealthy food and ravenously consume everything I want.

Oct 07 17 12:32 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Omnomnom!!!

I don't have a dedicated cheat day (any more), so I just let the hormones to the talking these days.

Have been the same weight for a decade.

Oh look! Blue cheese stuffed olives!

Oct 07 17 12:36 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Dea and the Beast wrote:
Omnomnom!!!

I don't have a dedicated cheat day (any more), so I just let the hormones to the talking these days.

Have been the same weight for a decade.

Oh look! Blue cheese stuffed olives!

I've been basically the same weight on a scale for the past 10 years, but my body composition will shift pretty radically within that weight. For the past year, I've religiously counted calories and macro ratios during the week and then eaten whatever I wanted one day of the week. People think that's cheesy, but it just works best for me. I'm pushing 40 and my body composition is comparable to that of a 14- or 15-year-old (nope, not joking) in terms of fat to muscle mass. I think it would be too strict for most people, but it just works for me. I need very structured and disciplined habits, or I go off the rails
I've just always been like that.

...so, yeah...pizza later...

Oct 07 17 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:
I'm on my neighbor's porch.

We have 78° (it's October in the Midwest btw. for all the global warming deniers), mimosas and a cheese plate.

Life is good today.

So the temperature at your house can prove global warming? Fascinating. I was dumb enough to think that since it's "global" warming it meant everywhere and not just on your neighbor's porch.

So does the winter storm warning for Denver mean that there's no global warming?

Oct 07 17 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I'm having a Rum and Coke.    smile

Oct 07 17 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

it's fucking 95 here, and i just got back from getting some sierra nevada sidecar ales. i normally don't day drink, but this shit is ridiculous. "uncle!"

Oct 07 17 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I'm having a Rum and Coke.    smile

Liver of Steel !

Dea and the Beast wrote:
Daytime drankin'

I can't hang, never could.

Fathers Day My Daughter took Me out for a Meal to a local Mexican place, She's like 'Dad, let's do some shots of Patrón'.

It's 2 in the Afternoon...uuuum, no.

Unseasonably warm here also, I'm having an iced Coffee. (I don't know the trendy Name for it)

Oct 07 17 02:11 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Instinct Images wrote:
So the temperature at your house can prove global warming? Fascinating. I was dumb enough to think that since it's "global" warming it meant everywhere and not just on your neighbor's porch.

So does the winter storm warning for Denver mean that there's no global warming?

You must like picking fights.
I did mention Midwest. If you gave half of a fuck before you got rude about complete bs you could have seen my location.

My Grandmother in the Old Country can't find good apples or nuts because of the thrid year of unusual frost in those regions but I am having a nice time and wasn't gonna write a fucking essay on it just so I won't have people shit all over my feelings and posts.

Now get off my porch. roll

Oct 07 17 02:53 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
I can't hang, never could.

Fathers Day My Daughter took Me out for a Meal to a local Mexican place, She's like 'Dad, let's do some shots of Patrón'.

It's 2 in the Afternoon...uuuum, no.

Unseasonably warm here also, I'm having an iced Coffee. (I don't know the trendy Name for it)

I can only have 2. lol

Oct 07 17 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Springfield Fotografiya

Springfield, Missouri, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:
... mimosas and a cheese plate.

Life is good today.

In honor of mimosas and a cheese plate, here's my favorite recipe for Passion Fruit Mimosas:

Ingredients:
1/2 c. fresh passion fruit juice (may substitute passion fruit nectar)
1 c. chilled bruit champagne
2 T. Grand Marnier

Directions:
1. Evenly divide passion fruit juice between two champagne flutes.
2. Slowly pour the champaign into the flutes.
3. Add a tablespoon of Grand Marnier to each flute.
4. Stir gently.

I recommend a gruyere, a truffle cheese, a gouda, a five year cheddar and/or a Ballston blue cheese with this.

Oct 07 17 05:34 pm Link

Model

Koryn

We really should all raise a toast to "BC" Pride...and unity...

*For those who were not privileged to experience the "b###h ¢##t" thread earlier, you missed a real humdinger.*

Oct 07 17 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Springfield Fotografiya

Springfield, Missouri, US

Koryn wrote:
We really should all raise a toast to "BC" Pride...and unity...

*For those who were not privileged to experience the "b###h ¢##t" thread earlier, you missed a real humdinger.*

I stayed out of it since I suspected that I would just be stirring things up if I asked him if his everyday experience with how people address him is what prompted him to assume that's what she meant. wink That's kind of a sad possibility.  I wouldn't want to kick someone like that when they're down even if they go out of their way to present a tempting target.

Oct 07 17 08:16 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Springfield Fotografiya wrote:
I stayed out of it since I suspected that I would just be stirring things up if I asked him if his everyday experience with how people address him is what prompted him to assume that's what she meant. wink That's kind of a sad possibility.  I wouldn't want to kick someone like that when they're down even if they go out of their way to present a tempting target.

AAAA so good!!! lol lol

Oct 08 17 09:27 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Sorry, I jest awoke from a three day bender, slurpin' down Dark n' Stormies, made with my favorite elixir, 15 year old Barbancourt Rhum  .  .  .

https://media2.caskers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/1000x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/barbancourt-15-estate-reserve-rhum-1.jpg

.  .  .  wakin' up out by da pool at my best "secret" escape spot in da islands  .  .  .

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/98/8e/10/988e10f4ef650d0998594be4df0490ff.jpg

.  .  .  drenched in sea spray, and, unfortunately sans shorts (I think a couple having breakfast under the tiki draped a towel over me, for decencies sake  .  .  .  or, cause I was gettin' sun burned in some sensitive areas  .  .  .  )  .  .  .  now, where are we on some day drinkin', I may need a pick me up (or ten), ta get me goin' again  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Oct 09 17 07:34 am Link