Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Anyone else been diagnosed with a serious disease?

Model

LadyLupus

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

So you know I have Lupus, and I just wanted to know if anyone else here has a serious disease too?
How do you cop with your ailments and keeping up with modeling?
Does your disease ever affect your face, skin or hair like mine does? If so, how do you go about it when it does?
With Lupus it makes it extremely hard sometimes with the rashes or hair loss and definately the body changes.
I noticed yoga helps a lot but just wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions or things they find helpful for themselves.

Oct 30 17 07:44 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Not yet..., but in recent times, I have certain "attacks" that are usually symptoms of brain cancer.

My mother died as a result of a brain tumor surgery and my father has currently cancer, so I wouldn't be surprised if I actually have it.

I don't think that I am scared or so... but if I am getting diagnosed with it... I'll continue to do whatever I am doing... but I will probably stop making a living with photography, start a crowdfunding campaign that enables me to create the paintings I have in my sketchbook until it's all over.

I don't have kids, and I won't have them (although I would love to have kids), so, my paintings (I am a surrealist painter) are my children and I want to leave as many behind as possible...

Oct 30 17 11:01 am Link

Photographer

3 Leaves Left Imaging

Hoboken, New Jersey, US

I don't want to get into it too much but I have had an organ transplant and lived through some pretty dark days. Hang in there, there is always hope.

Oct 31 17 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

I woke up Saturday morning with a bad pain in my wrist. Thought I'd slept on it funny or sprained it working out, so I wrapped it up and went about my day. It started getting worse by Saturday night, and by Sunday it was totally useless. I eventually ran up a fever of 102 and started getting the chills, at which point it was time for an ER visit.

I spent the next 7 hours getting told how lucky I was not to have ignored it any longer than I did, to stop trying to be tough, and that I likely would have died if I hadn't come in when I had. Turns out I somehow got cellulitis, a type of staph infection, most likely from a cut or scratch. If it had made it into my bloodstream it would have been pretty bad.

It should clear up soon, but I can still only type for short bursts before I need to rest, and my right hand is still twice the size of the left.

Nov 01 17 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I have a bit of hypochondria regarding cancer. it seems like so many people on the peripheral of my life have it, and I am usually always imagining its just a little while till the hammer drops and I get some type. so I am usually going to the doctor 2- 3 times a year for physicals, blood work, ultrasounds and generally feeling for lymph gland enlargement.  getting my first colonoscopy in a few months as I am at around the age you should be checked, so theres that.

Nov 01 17 11:18 pm Link